• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: World Series Game Four, Red Sox At Cardinals, October 27, 2013

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need a huge win tomorrow if we hold them off this one

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept telling my son there was no reason to hold the runner. We need to set the infield up to stop a hit to the right side. I told him if the runner steals 2nd it means absolutely nothing. Than that idiot gets picked off. All of my logic flew out of the window.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the 1st pitch shouldn't be automatic, but it can help get ahead in the count.

If the opposing pitcher has demonstrated good control taking can be a bad idea, but if he hasn't
you want to make him show you he's getting better, and tire him out if he isn't.

Chasing the 1st pitch from someone who's having an a sub-par outing usually only helps the opposition.

The Cardinals pitchers have been showing they can easily throw strike one and have been! Usually it has been dead red fastball down the middle which any hitter can hit.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals pitchers have been showing they can easily throw strike one and have been! Usually it has been dead red fastball down the middle which any hitter can hit.
It's still better to better to be choosy about what you swing at.

Percentage plays will work more often than not, and we've guaranteed a return to Fenway,
which was all we really needed to accomplish in Missouri.

The strategy helped get us INTO the World Series, so why abandon it?