• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woodyard to MLB?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the broncos are going to flirt with Woodyard at mike and Trevathan at will. What are your thoughts on this?

If this is the case the coaches must not be too high on Irving or Bradley. They may be able to make the switch and hopefully that can help our LB corp.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Bradley is having wrist surgery which is why he is being switch to the MLB position. To be honest I think with Trev, Woody, and Von all in as the linebackers that is our best group on the field. Yes they lack some size as Woody is about 10-15 pounds lighter than Bradley was but the fact that this has become a passing league I think I would rather have a good coverage MLB than a good run-stopping MLB at this point in the NFL. Throw in we have a monstrous DL with Ayers being the smallest at 285 at this point.

I would never wish a player hurt but to be honest I think this is the best decision the Broncos could truly make. Woodyard seems to be the vocal leader among the Defensive Players and I think last year was the guy making the calls on the field anyway so a switch to MLB wouldn't be that dramatic of a change for him from his duties already.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the Broncos were in some form of the Nickel 65% of the time and Woodyard was the one making defensive adjustments in the Nickel and Trevathan was the other starting Nickel LB, I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever and tbh, actually prefer it over having Irving or Bradley in.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with these moves.

The article I read last night said during the Miller suspension we could see Nate Irving playing a lot of weakside......