• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 9... vs IND

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have a short week to host the second of a 3 game homestand. The Indianapolis Colts come in to town sporting a solid 5-2 record and leading the AFCS DIV. This probably was not where Colts fans thought they would be after Andrew Luck unexpectedly retired from the NFL prior to the season starting.

Having seen this team a couple of times this season, nothing they do jumps off the page at you, but they don’t beat themselves. They are riding steady play by Jacoby Brissett and the outstanding rushing attack led by Marlon Mack on OFC for a 16th overall ranking. Hilton is the #1 target, but they feature a number players in the passing game…Eric Ebron has resurfaced in IND and playing well in their system, he has 3 TDs already.

On DEF…it’s somewhat similar, aside from Justin Houston there doesn’t appear to be much to fear. They are 14th ranked overall. With quality wins over KC and HOU, this is a sign of a well coached team. They don’t do anything great and they do anything terrible. This will be a strong challenge, especially if Mack is able to control the flow of the game on the ground and allow their play action passing game to flourish.

Injuries…Conner (shoulder) and Snell (knee) are the most notable. There was talk that Samuels was ready to go last week...hopefully that holds true as Conner will be a game time decision. Foster is still in concussion protocol…Finney is the next man up there so we should be okay on the OL assuming Pouncey is good to go…he wasn’t listed either.

Outlook…The Colts have played well thus far, but they have been just good enough in several close games. They won’t beat themselves most likely. They have 19 sacks as a team so they can get to your QB, but they don’t look dominant up front. I like the Steelers again this week, but there are a lot of Ifs that go along with it. Bottom line…the Steelers are still very much a desperate team because of the terrible start. I think with back to back games we’ll see a more ready Rudolph out the gate this and the DEF will be geared up to make this 60 mins as difficult as possible on Jacoby Brissett and the Colt OFC.

I can see this being a lower scoring game…I’m going 24-17 Steelers.

What say you?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Steelers don't have an atrocious start to the game on offense like they did Monday, they SHOULD be able to hang with Indy and make it a game. But if they get down early 14-0 or whatever, no dice; they're not mounting a comeback vs. this Indy ball-control offense that (like you said) doesn't beat themselves, so it's of the utmost importance to not dig a deep hole, early. Pittsburgh's defense is actually pretty decent, they can certainly mount pressure on opposing qb's and get sacks, and i expect them to harrass brissett at least SOME of the time.

I'll be a bit more optimistic this week and say Steelers win with a 13-point second half, 23-20.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be a bit more optimistic this week
tenor.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rudolph doesn't look concussed early on they have a chance. Fitzpatrick will have another game changing game on D to help them win.

17-14

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indianapolis is a very well coached team.

The Steelers are a very poorly coached team.

I don't see them winning this game unless the defense just has that signature game that announces their arrival as a dominant unit.

Indianapolis 20 Steelers 16

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this covers the most recent practice day....from profootballreference.com

Week 9 Injury Report

Player
Position
In player and team season stats,
Capitals indicates primary starter.
Lower-case means part-time starter." data-stat="pos">Pos Practice Status Status Details
Mark Barron
LB DNP
James Conner RB DNP
Ramon Foster T DNP
Ulysees Gilbert LB Limited
Daniel McCullers DT DNP
Vance McDonald TE DNP
Maurkice Pouncey C DNP
Jaylen Samuels RB Full
Benny Snell DNP
Ryan Shazier OLB Reserve/Physically Unable To Perform
Sean Davis FS Reserve/Injured
Lavon Hooks DT Reserve/Injured
Ben Roethlisberger QB Reserve/Injured
Stephon Tuitt DT Reserve/Injured

Snell is going the route of Samuels...looks like some minor surgery to clean up his knee, will be out 2-3 weeks. Connor is a game time decision so he's not likely to practice much. Edmunds and Samuels could be the RBs on Sunday.

Rapoport: RB Benny Snell To Miss 2-3 Weeks After Knee Surgery - Steelers Depot

We'll have to see how this list unfolds over the next few days.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lev bell says Steelers tried to trade for him at deadline.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lev bell says Steelers tried to trade for him at deadline.
He wishes.

edit/

Honestly, I don't feel the ill will towards Bell that I do for Brown.

Brown was a complete **** about it, under contract. Bell was out of contract. He was just stupid and didn't realize how good he had it here. He realizes how much he fucked up now.

Still don't want him back. That would fuck up the locker room, and he's on the decline, anyway.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd it was in fox sports tv when I was at the gym I can’t find it online , anywhere

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers tried to trade for Bell they are idiots and should be embarassed.

And I'm with SuperBelt too. The animosity for Bell just isn't there for me. He was an idiot and mismanaged his business but he wasn't the cancerous sore that AB was.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers tried to trade for Bell they are idiots and should be embarassed.

And I'm with SuperBelt too. The animosity for Bell just isn't there for me. He was an idiot and mismanaged his business but he wasn't the cancerous sore that AB was.

AB burnt bridges when he left.

Bell...likely following his agent's advice (his agent is equally dumb imo), but in the process caused some butt hurt feelings especially among his OL after reneging on when he told them he would be reporting.

IMO that ship has sailed with both player in PIT, but I have no axe to grind with Bell either....would I want him back? No.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB burnt bridges when he left.

Bell...likely following his agent's advice (his agent is equally dumb imo), but in the process caused some butt hurt feelings especially among his OL after reneging on when he told them he would be reporting.

IMO that ship has sailed with both player in PIT, but I have no axe to grind with Bell either....would I want him back? No.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Word.

Good luck to ya, but it needs to be somewhere else. We're good.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner, doubtful. Snell and Samuels are out. Leaves us with Trey Edmunds? So a 4th string RBs. This season is fucking bullshit lol. I'm over the injuries, man. Gotta laugh to keep from crying lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner, doubtful. Snell and Samuels are out. Leaves us with Trey Edmunds? So a 4th string RBs. This season is fucking bullshit lol. I'm over the injuries, man. Gotta laugh to keep from crying lol.

Where did you see this?

Idt anyone expected Snell to play...last I heard 2-3 weeks for him with a knee scoped.

Conner...at this point he is what he is...a talented but fragile RB...imo will never start/play all 16 games....not surprised to see him shift from game time to doubtful.

Samuels...to my knowledge...he's a go...practiced Thurs I understand.

The injuries have sucked...part of football.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see this?

Idt anyone expected Snell to play...last I heard 2-3 weeks for him with a knee scoped.

Conner...at this point he is what he is...a talented but fragile RB...imo will never start/play all 16 games....not surprised to see him shift from game time to doubtful.

Samuels...to my knowledge...he's a go...practiced Thurs I understand.

The injuries have sucked...part of football.

I read Adam Caplan's tweet incorrectly. I thought it said he didn't practice. So Samuels is a go. Cool. I'm not as sad now haha.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Adam Caplan's tweet incorrectly. I thought it said he didn't practice. So Samuels is a go. Cool. I'm not as sad now haha.

FWIW...they are still listing Connor as game time decision, but with Samuels reportedly ready to go I don't think we'll see Connor in this game. Doubtful is probably accurate.

On the flip...Hilton is likely out for the Colts.

Hate to see guys miss games due to injury, but that one definitely helps the Steelers more than losing Connor hurts imo.

Steelers need this one badly...need to keep Mack under control and get Brissett on his back a few times...they should get to .500.