• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wizards 2013-2014 Regular Season

What number of wins do you expect from the upcoming weeks?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 43: Zards @ Jazz

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]427303901885661184[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can be said for it? Ok, Utah is not as god-awful as that 1-14 start they had. They have a key piece in Trey Burke and they were playing at home. And you can't account for their backup center hitting 11-13. Still.. after that surprising win at Phoenix, I (once again) got lulled into thinking the next game at Utah would be competitive but end up with a W. Wrong!

Though I gotta be honest, I like that everybody's still getting their points. I won't overvalue scoring, but it's nice to know that in a 5-game or 7-game playoff series, a hot-hand can come from just about anyone if they're comfortable taking the shot.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I imagine it was. They probably felt like they let a winnable game slip away. As long as they don't carry that weight to Oakland. Lesson learned, feel the pain, grow from it, and put it away.

Bring on these so-called Warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NeNe has been a beast BUT did the coach really draw up the last shot for him twice? And how did you NOT get Beal the ball and let Wall take a fading "3"???

I think they can finish 41-41 and make it to the semi-conference finals...even with the desire to lose

I'm trying very hard not to get this feeling that they don't view themselves as upper echelon in the east. Which normally might sound laughable, but given the makeup of the teams in the East this year, it's not. It's almost as if they're fighting themselves. The curse o' les boulez has to go. It has to!!

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine it was. They probably felt like they let a winnable game slip away. As long as they don't carry that weight to Oakland. Lesson learned, feel the pain, grow from it, and put it away.

Bring on these so-called Warriors.

Utah was another repeat of the Celtics game. Same story as last season also. They can never get up for average to poor teams.... but have a good winning % vs good teams.

They constantly play down to the level of their opponents.

At the beginning of the season I, and alot of the talking heads, predicted them to be a .500 squad ... so while they've let some winnable games slip away ... they truly are who we thought they were.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah was another repeat of the Celtics game. Same story as last season also. They can never get up for average to poor teams.... but have a good winning % vs good teams.

They constantly play down to the level of their opponents.

At the beginning of the season I, and alot of the talking heads, predicted them to be a .500 squad ... so while they've let some winnable games slip away ... they truly are who we thought they were.

They definitely are epitomizing the "play to the level of your competition" spirit right now. They've improved this season on their mark against .500-level teams and above in the last month, but their record for 10 pt-or-above wins/losses is still not great. They can't be afraid to put their heal on the throat of those teams they're running away from in the 1st or 2nd quarter, only to let them back into the game by late 2nd quarter/3rd quarter of these games.

It's ok to do that, Wiz. We'll still think you're a great bunch of guys. As long as you're not giving the opposing team the "choke" symbol, it's okay to beat a team by 12 or 15 points... really, it is.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight will be the sixth time the Wizards try to break that 500 mark. Previous 5 chances obviously ended up with losses. Here is hoping we can break that tonight. Good news is atleast we play a good team.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight will be the sixth time the Wizards try to break that 500 mark. Previous 5 chances obviously ended up with losses. Here is hoping we can break that tonight. Good news is atleast we play a good team.

Welp, we didn't quite get there. All in all I'm pretty content with the road trip, I guess. Didn't expect to beat the Suns and didn't expect to lose to the Jazz, but the win at GS redeemed the trip.

This homestand is looking more hellacious though. The redhot Thunder, and the Spurs and Trail Blazers right behind them. I'd LOVE to be pleasantly surprised with these 3 games. I'm realistically expecting one win but the fan in me wants them to assert themselves and not be cowed by their ability and reputation. 2 wins would be fan-fricking-tastic.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, we didn't quite get there. All in all I'm pretty content with the road trip, I guess. Didn't expect to beat the Suns and didn't expect to lose to the Jazz, but the win at GS redeemed the trip.

This homestand is looking more hellacious though. The redhot Thunder, and the Spurs and Trail Blazers right behind them. I'd LOVE to be pleasantly surprised with these 3 games. I'm realistically expecting one win but the fan in me wants them to assert themselves and not be cowed by their ability and reputation. 2 wins would be fan-fricking-tastic.

Not going to happen. Trevor Ariza leads the team in shots then we have a HUGE problem here.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get home from work and see that Wiz beat OKC 96 - 81?! Boom goes the dynamite! Goddamn, was not expecting a win like *that*!

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20130327_lbm_ax3_066.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Wall with 15 assists, 5 steals and only 1 turnover.. and Gortat with 14 rebounds.. not too shabby. Ariza and Webster pestering Durant into mere pretty-good numbers.. most excellent.

Liking it.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A steal, a bad pass, and an out-of-bounds turnover gets the Wiz back into the game. 56-55 Wiz

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz lead in turnovers 9 - 1. Portland with a 4-1 edge in blocks 22-14 edge in rebounds at the half.