• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

with the out 0 & 2, will they strike out?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry but Pavelski takes weeks and months off, he scores in bunches when he does and when he doesnt score its torrey mitchellish like droughts. I like pavelski always have i predicted hed be a 60 pnt guy and thats what he's proven to be, i thought at best he could be as good as Ray Whitney but he is closer to a middle class mans ray whitney.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, I know you tend to stayaway from picking sides in an arguement (which is pretty much my bggest aggravation towards you) and would rather point out the +'s and -'s of the arguement and stay neutral, but for real man. Pick a damn side and dont play neutral party on this. You can have speed & entry up front and a dif gameplan for the other lines. What ever happened to different roles for differnt lines?? I understand that the players in the new NHL are pretty much retarded, but are the coaches that retarded to that you cannot have mulitiple strategys for each line now a days?? If the first 2 lines want speed on entry, why cant the 3rd line do something different? Anyway the point is, not matter what lines, what TOI, what strat you give him Pavs has produced the same numbers, the past 4 years. And hasnt been a problem... Every player takes days off, when Pavs takes a day off it isnt as big an impact as when their 7mil top line guys take one off. And the only consistant arguement against him is he's short, small and slow. Well if that short small slow guy can avg the same 50-60 per year and show emotion and get mad, why the fuck does everyone want to dump him so bad? the guy does pretty much everything everyone bitches about the team not doing. he scores, he can be clutch, he's cheap, he gets mad, he can play on mulitpe lines... It honestly baffles my mind on WHAT THE FUCK do you guys on this board want? Cause I look at Pavs as "THAT GUY" that I want on my team... I often wonder how many people on here that post and bitch have actually played competitive hockey before. and that can even include mens league Gold division...
Anyway i got off topic. Cmon, I want you to say YOUR actual opinion as if YOU were the coach, using mulitple strategys for each line. Dont play devils advocate & safe zone neutral party. If you were in charge, what would your 3rd line strat include, and if it doesnt include Pavs centering it, who would be, and what would you want your 3rd line to do?? For me, 3rd line does not equal speed, pretty hockey... Remember last season everyone was saying how fast Vanc's 3rd line is and thats why SJ lost... what has Vancs 3rd line speed EVER done for them in terms of ultimate goal?? NOTHING, and the teams success has been evern less then SJ's in terms of postseason

I take a neutral view of things as to give a better objective analysis. If you go into something with a pre determined opinion there isn't anything that will change that opinion and IMO that doesn't accomplish much. By looking at things with an open minded nuetral view it helps me to formulate my opinions and the reasons for them as well as helps me to understand where others with differing oppinions are coming from. Just my take on things but that's how you create discussions instead of shit fights.

As for how I would like to see the team constructed. Three scoring lines and a physical defensive checking forth line. The scoring lines would all play a simular offensive system. That way in case of injury or demotion for poor play anyone one on any of those three lines can step up and not miss a beat. The natural varing physical atributes and skill sets of each player on each line will provide enough constrast to dictate line match ups and primary offensive and defensive situational roles.

The system I'd like to see implimented for the top three lines is as I stated previously. Heavy back pressure forcing turnovers with quick ups for transition offense as well as neutral zone speed with controled entries. The ability to play the cycle is also important but is an extention of entering the offensive zone with control of the puck. Atributes I'd look for in players to best accomidate this style in order of importance: Puck control/stick handling, agility, vision/hockey sence, speed. I would also like to see more physical play out of the scoring lines.

For the 4th line I'd continue with the chip and chase as I want them to hit as much as possible and this system would provide them with the most oppertunities to do that.

My ideal 3rd line who may realistically be available and affordable, and I know some won't like this, would look something like:

Logan Couture - Steve Ott - Teddy Purcell

My view of Pavs is a guy who's not the problem with the team but he's also not a big part of the solution. While he is a good versitile player he has too many dificiencies in his game that I personally view as important to the success of a team. Some of those being: puck control, skating both agility and speed, not strong enough along the boards, stick handling, and transition backchecking (a lot of which is due to his poor skating). He is a player who holds enough value to bring in a big piece to that solution and IMO you make that deal if it's available but only for the right piece.