• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Sam Bradford out Rams call Brett Favre

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the questions about whether the Rams would call Tim Tebow, they didn't.

They called a bigger name, higher-profile quarterback.

After the team lost starting quarterback Sam Bradford to a season-ending knee injury, St. Louis called Brett Favre on Sunday night, asking if the 44-year-old retired quarterback who is now a grandfather, would be willing to leave his farm to plow through the back half of the Rams' schedule, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Source: ESPN

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's really interesting. The Rams would prefer a washed up QB that's been out of the league since 2010 over any incumbent they currently have. That would indicate that they see the writing on the wall with this group. I wonder if they have contacted Curt Warner. I'd rather have him than Farve anyway. 50% of Curt Warner is better than 100% of Bradford, and 200% of whatever else we have on the roster. Let's all start singing that old Eagles song......Desperado....

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been listening to sports shows on the radio this morning, and if we thought people looked down on the RAMS before, well listeining to these sports experts today the RAMS are the laughing stock of the NFL today.

I have to agree for the RAMS to even consider Favre is "DUMB" There are quality QB's out there that could be had at a premium price, FAVRE was good in his prime, but come on he's been out of the NFL for a few years.

The RAMS called FAVRE. Hell I would have called a Kurt Warner instead. I'll take a Retired Kurt Warner over a Retired Brett Favre anytime.

RAMS front office needs to pull thier heads out of their BUTTS and deal with the reality that they screwd up not having a reliable backup for Bradford.

I always looked at the San Francisico 49ers and how the had Montana and Young back in the days. Yeah it cost them to keep both, but at least they had two quality QB's and thier record showed as they stayed on top for years.

Snead and Fisher are to blame for this debacle they have in not having a proven backup QB.

Who knows maybe Clemens will become the next coming of Kurt Warner.

Can lightining strike twice in St. Louis and an unknown backup lead us to the promise land?

Probably not, but it would be nice if it happend.:rofl:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire everyone from the top down. Wow.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actions that have convinced me that our front office and head coach have no clue on how to build a winning organization:

1) The "plan" at the final roster cutdown date was to call Brett Farve if something happened to Bradford

2) Holding on to Quick and Pead just to save face

3) Continued blind commitment to Bradford.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our backup QB's must be really really bad.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the Rams said they "have a plan in place" this is what they meant? Calling Brett freakin' Favre? Really?
I think I just lost the little bit of confidence I had left in the front office and Fisher.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they would of called Farve to ride the bench. They would of saw what Clemens and Davis had and then worst case scenario they would of put Farve in.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's really interesting. The Rams would prefer a washed up QB that's been out of the league since 2010 over any incumbent they currently have. That would indicate that they see the writing on the wall with this group. I wonder if they have contacted Curt Warner. I'd rather have him than Farve anyway. 50% of Curt Warner is better than 100% of Bradford, and 200% of whatever else we have on the roster. Let's all start singing that old Eagles song......Desperado....

Curt Warner would be a terrible choice as he never played the QB position, he played RB. However, Kurt Warner would be a fantastic choice.

Curt Warner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kurt Warner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be worth it to call Marc Bulger? He WAS better than any of our current active QBs and probably still is. Heck, I'd say he is better than Bradford.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre has declined the offer the Rams sent to him but some of you are correct. If that is indeed the Plan they had in mind, then why did they even bother with bringing in and signing Austin Davis and Brady Quinn?

This is rapidly turning into a dog and pony show bordering on laughable as the Rams push the panic button. How stupid can one FO return to after they assured everyone they were turning things around. Yea, we are rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL and if they had any brains in their heads, they would stop panicking and think this through. Kroneke needs to step in here and right this sinking ship because it is getting out of hand. But apparently, that is not possible either.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - just thinking about your potential post before you put it up!

We are clueless to even think for a second that Farve would even entertain coming to the Rams. Even if Farve said "send me a written offer", I would have more confidence in Charlie Brown thinking Lucy would hold the football still for him just this one time!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the Rams were doing fine with the Davis/Quinn acquisitions and then they when into pulling monkeys-out-of-their-corporate-ass mode with this hairbrained idea that reminded me of Jay Zygmunt and the return of the Queen Idiot. My G_D, BRETT FAVRE!!! Are you kidding me???!!!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Dan Marino as I remember he could really sling that thing. Or Elway no he got fat. Wait Johnny U no he is living impaired. :doh:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they're saying the whole thing was a joke, I sure hope so.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Woody Paige mentioned it was done to amuse the media but it had the opposite effect with the fans. A lot of people got really pissed off and after the decades of having to tolerate the absolute insanity of the Queen Idiot, that was a rather a disasterous thing to do even if they were just "joking".

Woody Paige also mentioned that he thought the Rams made a fatal mistake in NOT bringing in Tim Tebow because he said, it would have given the Rams the best chance to win going forward. So we will see just how "funny" things get when Jeff Fisher's decisions start backfiring and he strings together a whole bunch of losses.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Woody Paige mentioned it was done to amuse the media but it had the opposite effect with the fans. A lot of people got really pissed off and after the decades of having to tolerate the absolute insanity of the Queen Idiot, that was a rather a disasterous thing to do even if they were just "joking".

Woody Paige also mentioned that he thought the Rams made a fatal mistake in NOT bringing in Tim Tebow because he said, it would have given the Rams the best chance to win going forward. So we will see just how "funny" things get when Jeff Fisher's decisions start backfiring and he strings together a whole bunch of losses.

I have to agree with everything you/he just said. Not only did it possibly give us the best chance to win, it would've boosted merchandising and ticket sales. People actually would've been interested in the Rams for the first time in almost 10 years. Even if we lost, so what? At this point, we're expected to lose anyway.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s the real scoop on "contacting" Favre:

A Rams official initially inquired about recently signed developmental quarterback Austin Davis, who just happens to share the same agent with Favre. While he had Bus Cook on the phone, the official offhandedly quipped, "Hey, what about Favre?"

"It was just a joke," a Rams source told Rapoport. "It was just a throwaway line. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor?'"

Of course the media took it and ran. What a surprise, LOL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see how Tebow gives the Rams the best chance to win. He doesn't know the offense (one year under Shoddy while playing punt protector doesn't exactly allow for many reps) or have any time with their receivers. Austin Davis is the most able to step in immediately of everyone that was available; he knows the offense and has reps with his targets.