• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winston or Hill?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Useful
Reactions: GNG

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Saints go with Bridgewater last season when Brees was hurt? I'd expect them to go with Winston this time as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is nothing more than a gadget. Gotta go with jameis
This but the only caveat is that they are paying Hill $10 mil/ yr and Payton has endorsed this guy as the future. But to win games right now, Winston is the obvious choice. Honestly, if Jameis protects the ball even moderately well, he gives them a real shot at a big run. Of course, that's a pretty big "if". Winston can ball out at times though. This will be really interesting to watch.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how well Payton can get through to Winston. If he can get him to eliminate the INT's in his system, he is the obvious choice. Dude has the talent of a #1 overall draft pick after all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how well Payton can get through to Winston. If he can get him to eliminate the INT's in his system, he is the obvious choice. Dude has the talent of a #1 overall draft pick after all.
And hill has all the qb talent of an xfl qb

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hill has all the qb talent of an xfl qb

I think he is better than what you are giving him credit for.

Last year he flat out was a better QB in the preseason than Bridgewater was. Obviously he is more raw. Holds the ball too long and some other issues. But I do think he could be a starting QB in this league. It would be intriguing. Think more power running version of Lamar Jackson. Whether he could pick up the nuances that make a true NFL QB is a different story.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Atlanta is going to spank that ass either way

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell me this doesn't look A LOT like Lamar Jackson playing the position.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is better than what you are giving him credit for.

Last year he flat out was a better QB in the preseason than Bridgewater was. Obviously he is more raw. Holds the ball too long and some other issues. But I do think he could be a starting QB in this league. It would be intriguing. Think more power running version of Lamar Jackson. Whether he could pick up the nuances that make a true NFL QB is a different story.
Pre season. He’s almost 31...if he was a good qb in the nfl. He’d be playing. Legit brought in two qbs just in New Orleans to be a BACKUP over him.
Never at any point ha he been regarded as an nfl qb.

dudes shred in pre season all the time.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Hill as an outside observer. They always talk about how he is the heir apparent. Well let's see it because they went to Bridgewater instead last year and now they might go to Winston instead.

Let's see what Hill can do as the primary QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really a no brainer for Payton, imo. Never understood them tendering Hill and touting him as the future. He is a wildcat, gadget play guy to fuck with DCs and give Brees a rest and will never be more than that. Like I said in the other thread, if they can get any consistent "good Winston", watch out. We will see soon enough how the lasik on the eyes and the mentoring of Payton and Brees will help. Jameis Winston has the tools to be a great QB.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston starts..... Saints offense can run plays for Hill......

If Hill is starter those plays won't work

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone honestly see Hill read defenses and pass for 300+ yards a game? Even 200+ yards a game. His value is situational (Personally I cannot see paying a situational player $10mm a year). As a full time starter I think he would get eaten up. Jameis has proven that he has the ability to rack up yards, first downs and TDs.. Unfortunately he has the ability to rack up turnovers too. That second part can be coached out of him to a degree. I honestly do not feel their long term QB is currently on the team. Jameis is an excellent placeholder until that person arrives though.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone honestly see Hill read defenses and pass for 300+ yards a game? Even 200+ yards a game. His value is situational (Personally I cannot see paying a situational player $10mm a year). As a full time starter I think he would get eaten up. Jameis has proven that he has the ability to rack up yards, first downs and TDs.. Unfortunately he has the ability to rack up turnovers too. That second part can be coached out of him to a degree. I honestly do not feel their long term QB is currently on the team. Jameis is an excellent placeholder until that person arrives though.
Yeah, I'm mostly in agreement but I can see a scenario where Winston turns the corner due to the far superior coaching and being able to learn from Brees. If he even gets down to single digit turnovers and can be more consistent, he could easily be the heir apparent to Brees. The kid is only 27 in January. His ceiling could be real high.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm mostly in agreement but I can see a scenario where Winston turns the corner due to the far superior coaching and being able to learn from Brees. If he even gets down to single digit turnovers and can be more consistent, he could easily be the heir apparent to Brees. The kid is only 27 in January. His ceiling could be real high.
Regardless. Even as a backup. He’s a top back up in the league. Likely the top back up. Who is better?

I know many would disagree with me. But I can name more than a handful of starters I’d take Jameis over

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless. Even as a backup. He’s a top back up in the league. Likely the top back up. Who is better?

I know many would disagree with me. But I can name more than a handful of starters I’d take Jameis over
Not sure where you are going with that @SteelersPride and I think we are in agreement . I agree that he is the best backup but I also think at his young age, he can be coached to be a solid starter. It's really only his decision making and turnover rate that have made us question him. Coach that out of him and he has the potential to be one of the best in the game for several years. Not saying that will happen, mind you. In the past, he looked like he had a 50 cent brain. But Payton's offense is a lot better for a kid with T.O. problems then Arians is.