• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings acquire DeBrincat

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Wings have officially announced the deal, sending Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, a conditional first-round pick in 2024, and a fourth-round pick in 2024. In a follow-up report, Detroit also announced a four-year, $31.5MM extension for DeBrincat, which would be an AAV of $7.785MM. The Farmington Hills, MI native is now officially a part of his childhood team.
In context to the condition attached to the first-round pick headed to the Senators, PuckPedia reports that Detroit will have the option to send either their own 2024 first-round selection or the Bruins’ 2024 first-round selection. On Boston’s draft pick, if the pick falls within the top ten of the 2024 draft, the pick will convey to the Bruins’ 2025 first-round selection. At that time, the Red Wings will have the option of sending their own 2024 first-round selection, or the 2025 first-round selection originally owned by Boston.
Let's see if this gets this forum breathing again!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really glad Yzerman gave him a 4-year deal. That's about perfect. I was concerned he was going to get 6-8 years - which would be simply too long.

The team needs immediate scoring and DeBrincat is a scorer, so he fills a need; but he's also 5'7" 165 lb who is not great in the defensive zone. Undersized guys and guys who are defensive zone liabilities become pretty useless in the NHL if their scoring numbers drop - and he's both of those things. It's good to keep him around for 4 years while all these draft picks develop and we'll revisit how he fits with the team again then.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really glad Yzerman gave him a 4-year deal. That's about perfect. I was concerned he was going to get 6-8 years - which would be simply too long.

The team needs immediate scoring and DeBrincat is a scorer, so he fills a need; but he's also 5'7" 165 lb who is not great in the defensive zone. Undersized guys and guys who are defensive zone liabilities become pretty useless in the NHL if their scoring numbers drop - and he's both of those things. It's good to keep him around for 4 years while all these draft picks develop and we'll revisit how he fits with the team again then.
He's a little bigger than you give him credit for (5'8, 178 lb) but yeah, he isn't a big guy. He's not afraid of contact though, and he does deliver scoring, which this team desperately needs.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a little bigger than you give him credit for (5'8, 178 lb) but yeah, he isn't a big guy. He's not afraid of contact though, and he does deliver scoring, which this team desperately needs.

Apparently it matters where you're pulling your numbers from.

1689095540006.png

Regardless, it's splitting hairs.

It would be great if we got 40 goals out of him a couple of times during this contract - would be the first time the Wings had a 40-goal scorer since Marian Hossa hit 40 in 08-09. Would be REALLY nice if he could do it while also scoring a positive +/-. That -31 he posted in Ottawa last year looks pretty ugly.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it matters where you're pulling your numbers from.

View attachment 333948

Regardless, it's splitting hairs.

It would be great if we got 40 goals out of him a couple of times during this contract - would be the first time the Wings had a 40-goal scorer since Marian Hossa hit 40 in 08-09. Would be REALLY nice if he could do it while also scoring a positive +/-. That -31 he posted in Ottawa last year looks pretty ugly.
I pulled it from NHL, I wonder if yours are from the draft? Regardless not a big deal, he’s not a big guy by any means.

I’d be thrilled with 35 right now, I’m not as worried about the +/- though ideally not that shitty.