• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

will Ranger staal

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, & & Jared Staal are all there, only makes sense for Marc Staal to join them.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Guess would be yes. but if you pay attention to some stuff he said like he has never played on the same team as his brothers. didnt want to get drafted by his brother during the All-Star break a few years ago. I think Marc is kinda the black sheep and he does his own thing. Only one that isnt a center. So it might be wishful thinking but I think we might just be able to resign him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Guess would be yes. but if you pay attention to some stuff he said like he has never played on the same team as his brothers. didnt want to get drafted by his brother during the All-Star break a few years ago. I think Marc is kinda the black sheep and he does his own thing. Only one that isnt a center. So it might be wishful thinking but I think we might just be able to resign him.

I wouldn't consider losing Marc Staal to the Hurricanes. I think the Hurricanes are willing to overpay to get the whole Staal family in the system. I was very pleased with what we got for Jordan Staal. Assuming Marc Staal's eye injury is no longer an issue, I think the Rangers could pull off a similar deal by trading Marc Staal to the Canes.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't consider losing Marc Staal to the Hurricanes. I think the Hurricanes are willing to overpay to get the whole Staal family in the system. I was very pleased with what we got for Jordan Staal. Assuming Marc Staal's eye injury is no longer an issue, I think the Rangers could pull off a similar deal by trading Marc Staal to the Canes.

But why I think he is under contract for another two years so if our offense improves this year and we buy out Richards I would rather spend money on offense. Plus Girardi is going to be a FA soon and I would rather sign staal being that he is much younger. I mean unless they want to give us a package that improves our offense and Replace him as a defenseman I dont see the need to trade him especially if we try to extend him and he is open to staying.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be traded until the end of the upcoming season. I expect them to handle the situation the same way the Pens & Canes did it. Trade a Staal brother to the Canes in exchange for a roster player, a prospect, & a draft pick. I hope Marc Staal recovers from his eye injury, but if he doesn't I think the Rangers would be inclined to making that deal with no hesitation. If if Staal's eye is fully recovered, a roster player, a prospect, & a draft pick for 1 player is a lot.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be traded until the end of the upcoming season. I expect them to handle the situation the same way the Pens & Canes did it. Trade a Staal brother to the Canes in exchange for a roster player, a prospect, & a draft pick. I hope Marc Staal recovers from his eye injury, but if he doesn't I think the Rangers would be inclined to making that deal with no hesitation. If if Staal's eye is fully recovered, a roster player, a prospect, & a draft pick for 1 player is a lot.

They have already stated that he is fully healed. Rangers have Cup aspirations so unless the totally bomb he is not being traded.

In the offseason it will be sign Hank and then work out ext for Staal. Im saying though I think he will want to stay and I would rather sign him then trade him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have already stated that he is fully healed. Rangers have Cup aspirations so unless the totally bomb he is not being traded.

In the offseason it will be sign Hank and then work out ext for Staal. Im saying though I think he will want to stay and I would rather sign him then trade him.

If the goal is to win the Cup ASAP then they should probably re-sign him, but if their goal is to set themselves up for the future then I think they could get a lot in return from the Hurricanes by giving their final piece to the Staal family puzzle. I guess I would be open minded about this. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here. Both solutions could benefit the Rangers greatly.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the goal is to win the Cup ASAP then they should probably re-sign him, but if their goal is to set themselves up for the future then I think they could get a lot in return from the Hurricanes by giving their final piece to the Staal family puzzle. I guess I would be open minded about this. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here. Both solutions could benefit the Rangers greatly.

Agreed but if Staal is willing to sign he is young a top defender and a known commodity. I will take that over the lure of a draft pick, which how good could it be probably be near the bottom of the first round, and prospects. Only one I would really wants is either Staal or Skinner.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but if Staal is willing to sign he is young a top defender and a known commodity. I will take that over the lure of a draft pick, which how good could it be probably be near the bottom of the first round, and prospects. Only one I would really wants is either Staal or Skinner.

Yeah, I remember when we were in the process of trading Jordan Staal, I really wanted either Jeff Skinner & the #8 pick or Justin Faulk & the #8 pick. Instead we got Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin, & the #8 pick. I wanted to use the #8 to get Radek Faksa. Instead we drafted Derrick Pouliot. Didn't get anything that I wanted but I was happy with the returns. IDK what the Canes would offer but they got some good forwards. If Staal re-signs I think it will be good for the Rangers no doubt. At the same time, Canes seem rather desperate to have a Staal family reunion. If I'm the Rangers I would for sure see if I could take advantage of that.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember when we were in the process of trading Jordan Staal, I really wanted either Jeff Skinner & the #8 pick or Justin Faulk & the #8 pick. Instead we got Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin, & the #8 pick. I wanted to use the #8 to get Radek Faksa. Instead we drafted Derrick Pouliot. Didn't get anything that I wanted but I was happy with the returns. IDK what the Canes would offer but they got some good forwards. If Staal re-signs I think it will be good for the Rangers no doubt. At the same time, Canes seem rather desperate to have a Staal family reunion. If I'm the Rangers I would for sure see if I could take advantage of that.

I guess if they wanted to give us their farm Im fine with that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if they wanted to give us their farm Im fine with that.

That's what I was thinking. Ryan Murphy or Elias Lindholm perhaps? Doubt if they'll give both but probably 1 of the 2, a lesser prospect, as well as a 1st round draft pick. I think Ryan Murphy could be very possible.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well......

that would be funny but what im saying is Staal extended the eye injury due disliking the goat and didnt want to return:agree:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be funny but what im saying is Staal extended the eye injury due disliking the goat and didnt want to return:agree:

Oh, I see what you're saying. I don't think it was anything personal, I think he just understood that stuff like this was going to happen again & again if he kept doing what Tortorella expected from him. I think he put his own health as his top priority (which he should) and it didn't make any sense to comeback while Tortorella was coaching the team.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Stealth, I did a quick Photoshop for ya...

Screen Shot 2013-09-05 at 7.36.23 PM.png