• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whys no one wanna come work for our FO?

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't even played the Superbowl yet. Right now we are replacing a couple coaches and now the personnel guy is in place. I am suer they know what may be available in FA and there is no urgency to get some of these deals done right now.

Graham wants to test the market so we will have to wait. McCoy is going to have to restructure his deal to be more team friendly. Once he does that they can work on signing Maclin. There are just a lot of moving pieces right now and I am not sure I expect any urgency right now.

I am kind of glad there isn't that urgency because we are less likely to make a mistake if we plan.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I'm relieved that they have someone in place now and they can focus on getting the right guys here.

IMO I'm glad they decided to stay in house, at least you know that Chip and Ed are on the same wavelength and looking for the same thing. Of all the guys they were reported to be interviewing, I kept thinking that Maryonwitz was still the best guy. Maybe it means we can get some more 'Bama guys in here too!

:agree:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chips interviews included only 3 questions;

1. Do you believe in my system?
2. Do you know that I am the one and only Boss?
3. Are you OK with this?

If the applicant answered yes to all 3 he was in........Ed must have said yes.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chips interviews included only 3 questions;

1. Do you believe in my system?
2. Do you know that I am the one and only Boss?
3. Are you OK with this?

If the applicant answered yes to all 3 he was in........Ed must have said yes.

I think there was one more

1. Do you like Ducks?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people bitch that we bring in Oregon Ducks....The Ducks are one of the best college football programs in the country, just like Bama....I'm just fine with players from those schools.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when Chip wants to draft 5th rounders in the 3rd round just because they're Ducks we'll lose out on the real 3rd round players.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when Chip wants to draft 5th rounders in the 3rd round just because they're Ducks we'll lose out on the real 3rd round players.

Understanding the value of a player is probably one of the hardest things for head coaches to grasp.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be pleasantly surprised how well Marynowitz will scour the talented college players that are not highly rated by the "experts", who give grades to players based too much on hype, and not looking at production, and motivation. The Seahawks are the role model for scouring for these type of players.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understanding the value of a player is probably one of the hardest things for head coaches to grasp.

Yup, it's why you need real GMs to help build stable successful franchises.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is that Ed does his best to provide Chip with solid player reports and Chip ignores him and does what he wants. The last 2 drafts had questionable picks including both #1's. My feeling is that Chip was behind those picks. This year will let us know a lot about Chip and the Eagles.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people bitch that we bring in Oregon Ducks....The Ducks are one of the best college football programs in the country, just like Bama....I'm just fine with players from those schools.

Really how'd them ducks work out for him last year? Josh Huff was a hot mess while other receivers taken after him like Brown, Bryant etc were much better. Taylor Hart showed nothing in the preseason and never even sniffed the field. Brandon Bair 29yr old role player at best, Kenyon Barner, Wil Murphy, Jeff Maehl nothing but roster fillers. Casey Mathews was probably the best player from the Ducks on this team last year and he wasn't even drafted by Chip, and he was what 5th on the depth chart at middle linebacker, it took injuries to Ryans and Goode to get him on the field.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really how'd them ducks work out for him last year? Josh Huff was a hot mess while other receivers taken after him like Brown, Bryant etc were much better. Taylor Hart showed nothing in the preseason and never even sniffed the field. Brandon Bair 29yr old role player at best, Kenyon Barner, Wil Murphy, Jeff Maehl nothing but roster fillers. Casey Mathews was probably the best player from the Ducks on this team last year and he wasn't even drafted by Chip, and he was what 5th on the depth chart at middle linebacker, it took injuries to Ryans and Goode to get him on the field.

Taz not one of those guys was a high draft pick, and Josh Huff is gonna be a damn good player.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Enough of these fuckin reaches just cause he recruited them. Let that shit go Chip cause most of your players haven't amounted to shit in the NFL and you fuck over the team thinking that way. In fact who is the best pro player from Chips system? Those awesome RB's? How bout those great WR's? With such a high octane O, there should be multiple people. Fact is it's half the system there.

Dion Jordan was the highest rated and he makes Mamula look hall of famish.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of it is the system & culture. Thats why he wants them. How hard is it to understand.

If he picks a player fairly high (Huff), you better believe the dude is a player as well. You can see it, he was just trying too hard.

The people ripping Huff (pretty much everyone), will be owning his jersey in a few years & will act like they didnt say a bad word about him. lol. Its happened time & again with the same posters. They rip guys all the way up till they are studs & then somehow forget what they said about them. The list is pretty long too. Many of the good players we have were ripped plenty. McCoy, Maclin, F.Cox, Kendricks etc. Its a joke.

Have some fucking patience or at least an eye for talent.

Some of ya must just like to bitch and its embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, anyone...Ducks who've amounted to shit in the NFL?

I can name 2...Max Unger (center) and Jarius Byrd (Safety)

I'm guessing some on Chippers nuts will add Casey Matthew and now Josh Huff to that list and probably one nut hugger who will say Dion Jordan...LOL.

Face it, his program don't put out pro players regardless o how well his O worked there.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, anyone...Ducks who've amounted to shit in the NFL?

I can name 2...Max Unger (center) and Jarius Byrd (Safety)

I'm guessing some on Chippers nuts will add Casey Matthew and now Josh Huff to that list and probably one nut hugger who will say Dion Jordan...LOL.

Face it, his program don't put out pro players regardless o how well his O worked there.

:wtf2:
Kiko Alonso looks pretty awesome, yes he got hurt this year but dude is good...LeGarrette Blount playing today, Patrick Chung who sucked for us, but looks damn good for the Patriots, Kyle Long who is awesome, Haloti Ngata who is a stud, Jonathan Stewart is decent, De'Anthony Thomas had a nice rookie year for the Chiefs and how about TJ Ward???

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko Alonso looks pretty awesome, yes he got hurt this year but dude is good...LeGarrette Blount playing today, Patrick Chung who sucked for us, but looks damn good for the Patriots, Kyle Long who is awesome, Haloti Ngata who is a stud, Jonathan Stewart is decent, De'Anthony Thomas had a nice rookie year for the Chiefs and how about TJ Ward???

Couple more decent guys and one really good one in Ngata (forgot about him).

Looks like his D puts out more players then his O does.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nut hugger! :noidea: