• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whys no one wanna come work for our FO?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people don't mind him drafting Ducks then none of those guys can complain about crap drafts, right?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of it is the system & culture. Thats why he wants them. How hard is it to understand.

If he picks a player fairly high (Huff), you better believe the dude is a player as well. You can see it, he was just trying too hard.

The people ripping Huff (pretty much everyone), will be owning his jersey in a few years & will act like they didnt say a bad word about him. lol. Its happened time & again with the same posters. They rip guys all the way up till they are studs & then somehow forget what they said about them. The list is pretty long too. Many of the good players we have were ripped plenty. McCoy, Maclin, F.Cox, Kendricks etc. Its a joke.

Have some fucking patience or at least an eye for talent.

Some of ya must just like to bitch and its embarrassing.

:agree:

How many people looked a the TV funny when Seattle took Bruce Irvin at 15? Or the tackle they took in 2nd round last year that had a 5th round grade, that looks like a pretty good player? Or all the drafts that Belichick took players higher than their supposed "value"?

My point is, you have to have some faith in the braintrust in place, they know the type of player they are looking for to fit into their scheme and culture - it may not be the popular pick at the time, and I'm not saying that they are going to hit on all their picks either, no one does.

I don't know how many of you have watched Oregon football the last couple of years, but they have some really good football players, and they're there because Chip recruited a lot of them. I'm really excited to see what the FO is planning for FA and the draft.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people here with an agenda. They want to be right about not wanting Chip Kelly in the first place. So they will invent ways to rip him until he proves them wrong with a SB title. Its either that or they are just not thinking clearly.

Complaining about Oregon players is childish. Dude has drafted 1 oregon guy in the first 3 rounds in two drafts & that was in rd 3. He was a rookie this year.

Time to jump off a bridge? Lol...no. There isnt even a reason to bring it up. Its a non-issue at this point. Seriously.

These guys act like he came from North Texas St. & is drafting guys in rd. 1 or 2 from there, who dont even belong in the NFL. It really is embarrassing as an Eagle fan.

So far he is 20-12 with 3 different starting QBs. None of which are more than average on another team. Plus he inherited a Defense so bad, even Todd Bowles couldnt do anything with it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people here with an agenda. They want to be right about not wanting Chip Kelly in the first place. So they will invent ways to rip him until he proves them wrong with a SB title. Its either that or they are just not thinking clearly.

Complaining about Oregon players is childish. Dude has drafted 1 oregon guy in the first 3 rounds in two drafts & that was in rd 3. He was a rookie this year.

Time to jump off a bridge? Lol...no. There isnt even a reason to bring it up. Its a non-issue at this point. Seriously.

These guys act like he came from North Texas St. & is drafting guys in rd. 1 or 2 from there, who dont even belong in the NFL. It really is embarrassing as an Eagle fan.

So far he is 20-12 with 3 different starting QBs. None of which are more than average on another team. Plus he inherited a Defense so bad, even Todd Bowles couldnt do anything with it.

Swat no worries, they will all be riding Huffs Jock this year when the kid settles in and really starts playing great football. The talent is there, Stevie Wonder could see it.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat no worries, they will all be riding Huffs Jock this year when the kid settles in and really starts playing great football. The talent is there, Stevie Wonder could see it.

Yep.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, he nailed the draft last year. Lots of production from them.

Go see how many 1st rounders weren't on the active game day roster for half the season cause they weren't fuckin good enough and only made it due to injuries.

Just have faith fellas, it's all his now with Howie gone.

And just as some of you loved his draft last year after it was over and some of us hated it (and were correct in the shitty draft), it will be the same again this year. Some are just afraid to say Chip shit the bed. It's ok to call it how it is regardless of if you like the guy or not.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, he nailed the draft last year. Lots of production from them.

Go see how many 1st rounders weren't on the active game day roster for half the season cause they weren't fuckin good enough and only made it due to injuries.

Just have faith fellas, it's all his now with Howie gone.

And just as some of you loved his draft last year after it was over and some of us hated it (and were correct in the shitty draft), it will be the same again this year. Some are just afraid to say Chip shit the bed. It's ok to call it how it is regardless of if you like the guy or not.

It's impossible and unrealistic to think EVERY draft pick you make is going to produce right off the bat -we can have every analyst tell the world we just had an A+ draft, and someone on this board or somewhere else will say we should have drafted Joe Schomo in the 5th round instead of John Schomo because clearly he's the better football player.

I will admit myself that I wasn't a fan of the Huff pick either at the time, but after watching him play this year you can see the potential is there.

I have no doubt that Chip will make some shitty picks in the coming years, but who doesn't? Bill Belichick has made a TON of crap picks over the last decade, and he hoisted his 4th SB on Sunday, because somewhere in between he made a lot of good picks too. Give Chip a chance, he hasn't even completed HIS first draft yet!

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Tra Thomas is not that happy as he was released as coach as well, despite seeming to really help the LB's.

Tra Thomas on departure from Philadelphia Eagles: 'It pains me' - ESPN

"I went in and asked [Kelly] what my situation was going to be," Thomas said. "And what I was told was that position I had was just kind of something they made up for me to get me some experience on this side of the game, and that it's not going to exist next year."

Kelly had Thomas breaking down film and helping the Eagles' outside linebackers. His insights into how to attack an offensive lineman couldn't have hurt.

"When I switched over to the outside linebackers, they improved last year," Thomas said. "The last season, they put up 16 sacks, and then you switch me over to the other side, I start working with them, and then this past season we put up 26.5 sacks. Connor Barwin went from five sacks to 14.5 sacks. So I was a little bit surprised just because you can look at the numbers and see that there was improvement in that group. But it's just the way it goes."