• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC is the greatest - cue the hysterical laughter

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like the SEC fucked'em over, but they are scheduled to have a season, so they should be glad of that and STFU

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like the SEC fucked'em over, but they are scheduled to have a season, so they should be glad of that and STFU

They did get fucked over. If the Missouri and Arkansas of the world don't want to get fucked over they could start by not sucking. They've been fucking the SEC for years, so turn around is fair play.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did get fucked over. If the Missouri and Arkansas of the world don't want to get fucked over they could start by not sucking. They've been fucking the SEC for years, so turn around is fair play.

Missouri has more SEC championship game appearances since they joined than: Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas AM, LSU, Miss. St, Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina and Vandy. Tied with Florida and Auburn. How exactly did they fuck the SEC?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri has more SEC championship game appearances since they joined than: Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas AM, LSU, Miss. St, Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina and Vandy. Tied with Florida and Auburn. How exactly did they fuck the SEC?

LSU?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are 14-26 in conference play in the last 5 years and shit the bed in both their bowl games during that span. Two championship game blowouts doesn't exactly make up for that. I don't see either of these power puff girls righting the ship anytime soon.

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference is, that was all under Gary Pinkel. Since he retired they have fallen off the map, and do not appear to be returning anytime soon.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference Screwed this up and should have gone with the original play of moving the 2021 games up and if that was an issue then just move the entire future schedules up as that could have been easily done.

On the other hand we get to beat Tenn's ass now and I can't complain about that. The truth is Auburn plays the hardest SEC schedule out of any of the teams because Georgia is our permeant cross Rival and when it was two we had Florida also. We are used to this shit so bring it.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but those teams were full of Big 12 players... since then..yeah not so much.

Man I want Arkansas back in the Big 12. They would be more competitive not just because the Big 12 sucks but they will recruit Texas much better. They also are within a 5 mile drive to Ft Worth, Stillwater, Norman, Manhattan and Waco. It's like a 9 hour trip to Baton Rouge and pretty close to the same thing to College station.

I'm 40 and still remember the games vs them.. on the football field, vs strollin Nolan on the basketball court and the baseball team is really good right now too.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference Screwed this up and should have gone with the original play of moving the 2021 games up and if that was an issue then just move the entire future schedules up as that could have been easily done.

On the other hand we get to beat Tenn's ass now and I can't complain about that. The truth is Auburn plays the hardest SEC schedule out of any of the teams because Georgia is our permeant cross Rival and when it was two we had Florida also. We are used to this shit so bring it.
Auburn vs. Tennessee is one of my favorite pre-expansion rivalries, so I am glad to see that happen as a football fan!

I am thrilled that Alabama is playing @ Mizzou, so I can make an easy road trip to the game and go to a new stadium.

Besides that, I don't really care that much.

It sucks that Mizzou drew Alabama and @ LSU, but they drew them both because they were not playing either one in the first place.

Georgia and Tennessee were already playing Alabama. Florida and South Carolina were already playing LSU.

So, that meant Mizzou, Kentucky and Vanderbilt were rewarded with games vs. Alabama and / or LSU instead of getting a total walk.

Sorry Mizzou, but Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss. State, Texas A&M and Auburn have to deal with those two teams every single year.

Just my onion.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, that was all under Gary Pinkel. Since he retired they have fallen off the map, and do not appear to be returning anytime soon.

I think their new HC gets them turned around. Dude can recruit even better now that he has better resources.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had that one legit appearance in 2013. In 2014, Georgia beat them 34-0 in their house, and was clearly a better team, but you know Richt and Florida and Richt and Spurrier...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: SEC coaches irked by added opponents

They don't even bother trying to hide the favoritism towards the premier programs...

(and yes, I am embarrassed to say that I am a fan of their games)

To be fair, I would expect someone to not be happy with Alabama, LSU, or Georgia, added to their schedule as opposed to Arkansas, Vandy, Kentucky etc.

Common sense.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Damn newbies need to know their place in the pecking order and bide their time. Not sure about the new guys at Arkie and Mizzou, but we all know Kiffie boy and the pirate ain't gonna shut up.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave Alabama and LSU cupcakes like usual.
Yep. Most of the East is made up of Cupcakes, so the pickings are slim.

This year, they play 4 Teams from the East: Georgia (12-2), @ Tennessee (8-5), Kentucky (8-5) and @ Mizzou (6-6) and 3 of them won their Bowl Game.

In a perfect word, Alabama could play Florida and Tennessee could play LSU too.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Most of the East is made up of Cupcakes, so the pickings are slim.

This year, they play 4 Teams from the East: Georgia (12-2), @ Tennessee (8-5), Kentucky (8-5) and @ Mizzou (6-6) and 3 of them won their Bowl Game.

In a perfect word, Alabama could play Florida and Tennessee could play LSU too.
That perfect world would be conference contraction instead of expansion. At least this way ACC and SEC conference teams are playing each other a hell of a lot more frequently. Big 12 is the same. Still don't understand being in a conference (or district in high school level) and not playing an opponent every year. But, I'm an old fuddy duddy...at least according to the kids and grandkids!