• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the ACC and Big XII champion must be undefeated.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everyone seems to forget in the new format is that it doesn't matter what any of the media, coaches, or any of us think. It only matters what the committee thinks. I've tried to show everyone that the Big 10, SEC, and Pac have all the votes they need if these people vote their hearts as I expect they will. Sure they will have to justify their decision but if it's close with one loss teams expect the above mentioned conferences to get the nod. Really the Big XII and ACC have no shot short of being undefeated. Expect change in the committee in the next couple of seasons when enough teams get screwed over. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This committee is not permanent and will rotate in a few years and a different group will be voting. What happens if the new group is dominated by ACC and Big12 people?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This committee is not permanent and will rotate in a few years and a different group will be voting. What happens if the new group is dominated by ACC and Big12 people?

Don't think the other conferences will let that happen. Once people see how the game is played they will be lobbying for their favorite to be on the committee. As far as the current committee goes, what the hell does Condi Rice know about college football??? Wonder what position she played?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MSU/Oregon game is the marquee non conference match up of the season. If a team gets blown out, it's going to seriously damage the perception of the conference. Especially the B1G, because right now it's arguably the worst Power 5 conference. And the perception out there is that this is the 2nd or 1st team in the Pac 12 against definitely the class of the B1G now that Miller is out.

MSU should win this one, if their defense is still legit. Oregon's offense can't handle a physical defense at all.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I didn't. It was brought up in post #6 by another poster
So this isn't you saying the ACC is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndyer210 View Post
With braxton miller out, is the B1G any better than the ACC?

No it's absolutely not.

The B1G should be very worried if Oregon beats MSU and LSU beats Wisky when it comes down to leaving out one of the 5 power conferences

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? YOU are the one that is hell bent on saying the B1G is > ACC. It was questioned in this thread by other posters. I agreed that it should be questioned and gave you multiple reasons why it should be

If your only retort is that B1G has 4 preseason ranked teams and the ACC has 3, I will bid you good day :yo:

Multiple reasons ? You didn't even give any reasons. You gave last years results. Last years results were with players that are no longer around. How about give reasons that have to do with this years teams.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I didn't. It was brought up in post #6 by another poster

and I have no idea what 'those who get paid to follow the sport don't agree' means, considering there aren't any sort of conference rankings that have been published that I have seen. Even if they have, that's only preseason speculation. I am giving preseason speculation with a different view and I have told you why.

There are not conference rankings but you can count which teams are ranked and the ACC doesn't have many teams ranked and outside of FSU the teams that are ranked are suspect at best, which I gave reasons for earlier.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Y'all still arguing about this? It's all speculation. Dont know about the B1G but the ACC has a lot of turnover at the QB position. Hokies, Miami, GT, Louisville, UVA, Pittsburgh, Clemson, NC State, Boston College and Wake with all have new QB's this year. Maybe some will be better than their predecessors, maybe some wont. I cant wait to find out.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 was the best top to bottom conference of the BCS era... we'll be fine.

We even sent a mediocre team to win the SEC East Division, and sent a hanger-on Big12 Offense to dominate the overhyped "SEC DEFENSES." Everyone knows that.

Big12 will be just fine.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 was the best top to bottom conference of the BCS era... we'll be fine.

We even sent a mediocre team to win the SEC East Division, and sent a hanger-on Big12 Offense to dominate the overhyped "SEC DEFENSES." Everyone knows that.

Big12 will be just fine.

Hahahahahaha, greatness. Here comes Team SEC in 5,4,3,2,1........ :pop2:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For perception the Big 12 needs OU and UT back at the top, with West Virginia, Okie light, and Baylor not far behnd.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahaha, greatness. Here comes Team SEC in 5,4,3,2,1........ :pop2:

No response. Even they know it's true. It's fact: barely hanger in TAMU crushes their so called POWERHOUSE SEC DEFENSES to the tune of bring the number one going away offense.

Pure hype. No reality.