• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Can't The Lakers Hire A Coach

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way I see it, barring injuries this is a 50 win team.

Last year, if the team didn't get bitten by the injury bug, they were on course for 40 wins. They were 13-13 by December 20th before Kobe got hurt again and we were having serious issues at both the PG and the C position.

I would love for you to be right.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way I see it, barring injuries this is a 50 win team.

Last year, if the team didn't get bitten by the injury bug, they were on course for 40 wins. They were 13-13 by December 20th before Kobe got hurt again and we were having serious issues at both the PG and the C position.
Kobe will never be the same and Nash is just too old.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying Byron Scott from day 1, and I'm happy with this. It's not gonna happen over night...but I think he will change the culture. We won't get results, but at the least the first thing he told Kobe is that "they better be ready to play defense"- I like that. As for offense, I remember those New Orleans teams running ALOT of PG pick and roll. I don't look at Lin as a good piece or whatever, but he is at the least a pass first PG. He did struggle with teams trapping the pick and roll back when he was in NY...hopefully he's worked on that. I'm looking at this in the long term view, and Byron Scott is a good coach to lead this rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying Byron Scott from day 1, and I'm happy with this. It's not gonna happen over night...but I think he will change the culture. We won't get results, but at the least the first thing he told Kobe is that "they better be ready to play defense"- I like that. As for offense, I remember those New Orleans teams running ALOT of PG pick and roll. I don't look at Lin as a good piece or whatever, but he is at the least a pass first PG. He did struggle with teams trapping the pick and roll back when he was in NY...hopefully he's worked on that. I'm looking at this in the long term view, and Byron Scott is a good coach to lead this rebuild

:agree:

Same here, at least after D'Antoni resigned. Good to hear he's focused on defense, since the last 2 seasons have been horrible on that end.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is how you build a franchise for the future is you start on the defensive side of the court. Just ask Thibodeau.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what he said about holding guys accountable. That didn't happen under Brown or D'Antoni and I'm not sure it was even happening anymore in Phil's last 2 seasons.

I also like that he's preaching that the team will be defense first. With the athleticism that a lot of these guys have, that could turn into a lot of easy offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everything Byron said was right on the money.

Plus it really got me excited to see the backing of Cap, Magic and Silk.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaqdaddy, that reunion picture you posted on post #128 would make a helluva coaching staff. Add Madsen and it would be complete.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what he said about holding guys accountable. That didn't happen under Brown or D'Antoni and I'm not sure it was even happening anymore in Phil's last 2 seasons.

I also like that he's preaching that the team will be defense first. With the athleticism that a lot of these guys have, that could turn into a lot of easy offense.

LET'S HOPE SO.:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe will never be the same and Nash is just too old.
:hope:

Ponder, in a great series of importance, would either rise to the occasion?

I think so.... both in fact...

Add the youth and Defense First HC Scott and you never, never know....

As a fan of the NBA it would be absolutely great if that happened!

As a Lakers' fan, it would be much more than expected however to see a Kobe/Nash Championship would be pretty damn cool!

I can't think of a better final chapter for these two Hall of Famers.

:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:

Ponder, in a great series of importance, would either rise to the occasion?

I think so.... both in fact...

Add the youth and Defense First HC Scott and you never, never know....

As a fan of the NBA it would be absolutely great if that happened!

As a Lakers' fan, it would be much more than expected however to see a Kobe/Nash Championship would be pretty damn cool!

I can't think of a better final chapter for these two Hall of Famers.

:suds:

Word is that both are healthy. I just worry about them breaking down as the season wears on. Byron alluded to managing their minutes and said that they've been in league long enough to understand.

IF they manage to get to the playoffs with Nash and Kobe healthy and rested, I still don't see a title happening, but they could make the playoffs very, very interesting.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that both are healthy. I just worry about them breaking down as the season wears on. Byron alluded to managing their minutes and said that they've been in league long enough to understand..

If Byron does that then he'll already be better than our last couple of coaches. 'hey, lets play Kobe until his knees explode'

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet a nickel on Nash staying healthy the entire year, but I can believe Kobe is ready to go and will hold up. That being said, if Nash and Boozer can mentor the younger players and teach them how to become winners, then the Lakers will be ready to compete in a few years. At this point I look to see the Lakers make the playoffs and not be dismal and from there one lucky trade is all it would take like the Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Scott has the support of the whole city......Go Baby B. Go Lakers!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Same here, at least after D'Antoni resigned. Good to hear he's focused on defense, since the last 2 seasons have been horrible on that end.

and that is an understatement. trust me, i'm glad to have a coach who's going to emphasize that kind of defense...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:imagine swaggy if he EVER learned to play 'D'...

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to playing defense than just Learning how. You have to get guys to be passionate about defense. For me personally, I LOVE to play defense so i have a different appreciation for it. When you watch guys like Jordan, Payton, they had a passion for defense and took it personal if the guy they were defending had there way with them.