• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why bring in Gausman ?????

april

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEN YOU ARE IN A RUN FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT, AND HAVE A LEAD HOW DO YOU BRING IN A GUY WITH A 6.30 ERA, AND HE BLOWS THE GAME, WHAT DID YOU EXCEPT.:lame:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way our bp has been lately i would have just hoped for a rain out...everybody in our bp is currently giving up runs damn near every time they r out there so u might as well go with a fresh arm...the problem wasnt who they brought in...the problem was the kid was out there and pitch selection was ridiculous...i didnt see gausman throw a 2nd pitch...all i saw was 98, 98, 98 on the gun...weiters sux when it comes to calling pitches and hes supposed to be helping the kid out...be creative...mix in a change up and/or a breaking ball or 2 to keep them off balance...the yanks r too confortable in the box...I should see soriano get brushed back tonight...but probably wont

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Buck wanted to experiment with a rookie in the 8th with a one-run lead. Fucking stupid.

:mad2:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Buck wanted to experiment with a rookie in the 8th with a one-run lead. Fucking stupid.

:mad2:

Buck should have went to the BP in the 6th with the lead prior to the Soriano/Reynolds HR's.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Gausman was throwing I actually had no issue with him coming back for the 8th, but unfortunately he couldn't even get an out before the BP could get ready and it was too late. The pitches to Cano and Soriano weren't all that bad they just went and got them. The Reynolds HR was the one I had issue with, that was just giving one away.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Gausman was throwing I actually had no issue with him coming back for the 8th, but unfortunately he couldn't even get an out before the BP could get ready and it was too late. The pitches to Cano and Soriano weren't all that bad they just went and got them. The Reynolds HR was the one I had issue with, that was just giving one away.
what i saw was little movement and same pitch .man has to change a little

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think the bigger mistake was leaving in Gausman as opposed to letting him pitch in the first place. As I've said many times before: "You have an expanded roster in September-- so use it." (This could mean having someone warming up in the bullpen throughout the game so that a quick hook could be applied whenever needed.)

2. If you really want to be fair... the root of the problem is that the pitching staff needs an upgrade. (Read: Bringing in someone else wouldn't help much if no one in the bullpen is able to get the job done.)

Last edited by a moderator:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems we have 2 injured in the bp and hunter has pitched to often . oday has tingling in his fingers on pitching hand . patton hasn't been used since the 31 . so why not call up wada or britton ? ole hammy starts friday :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what reason are they starting Hammel and not using him in the BP with the injuries?:noidea: