• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why arent we talking about this?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How absolutely fucking atrocious brodeur has been really in this year.
He played great against columbus and a few other games but look at his game by game stat line....

If he plays its almost a garuntee that hell give up 3 goals or more.

He has been fucking horrible and I'm done ignoring it, tolerating it, just flat out letting it slide. This team IS BETTER OFF WITH HEDBERG IN THE NET

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I gotta agree. I am more confident when Hedberg starts. I wanted moose starting tonight.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it yourself, the team plays better with Moose in. So maybe if they played well for Marty, Marty would look better. I'm not talking about tonight BTW, since I haven't seen a game since getting screwed on Sunday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen him play this year other than tonight, and not trying to be a troll but...we really ain't a high scoring team, so for us to score 3 goals in less than 10 minutes...something's wrong. Hedberg looked a lot better, the one goal he gave up was a pretty nice play by Brodziak.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess if the team doesn't show up for Marty, we're going to have no choice but to start Moose more. I guess the first one tonight he got a piece of but not all, the other two aren't really on him IMO. One was just atrocious defense all the way around and he made the first save. The final one was a deflection.

I'm not buying that Moose makes the Colorado game any closer. Tonight he was solid, but realistically, they had about 2 really good chances on Moose the entire 50 minutes he was in net.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played goal my whole life. All the way up to the Q and a game in the coast, I coach and scout goalies for a living. I know I haven't seen it all, but I've been around the game and position especially enough to know its in and outs.
And as far as the team aspect goes its a confidence thing. The team plays better in front of moose because they are more confident in front of moose. It's that simple. Teams will always play better and more relaxed in front of the goalie they are more comdortable having in net.

As far as the issue of 'well if they played better in front of him well..' a game like tonight, and there have been SEVERAL of them this year are the counter arguments to that. One if those goals tonight (on marty) you can attribute to the team not givi g great support to him, and even with that 2 of them were bad goals.

He's constantly on his ass or stomach. It's just sloppy goaltending on a consistant basis. At this point ive gotta say the team doesn't have confidence in front of him for a reason.
Even when they done fuck up routine stoppage shots are going in.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeBoer on Brodeur: “I relooked at the goals and I don’t think he could have done much on (them).”

Take that for what you will.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I played goal my whole life. All the way up to the Q and a game in the coast, I coach and scout goalies for a living. I know I haven't seen it all, but I've been around the game and position especially enough to know its in and outs.
And as far as the team aspect goes its a confidence thing. The team plays better in front of moose because they are more confident in front of moose. It's that simple. Teams will always play better and more relaxed in front of the goalie they are more comdortable having in net.

As far as the issue of 'well if they played better in front of him well..' a game like tonight, and there have been SEVERAL of them this year are the counter arguments to that. One if those goals tonight (on marty) you can attribute to the team not givi g great support to him, and even with that 2 of them were bad goals.

He's constantly on his ass or stomach. It's just sloppy goaltending on a consistant basis. At this point ive gotta say the team doesn't have confidence in front of him for a reason.
Even when they done fuck up routine stoppage shots are going in.

I get why you don't like Marty's style, especially if you're trained in the classic Roy butterfly style.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even butterfly. If you just play with some balance, and make yourself big (aka just use the size god have you) you stop the deflection goal and the rebound goal. There was absolutely no reason for him to be on his ass there. Make the first save then simply slide over for another.

The position has evolved. It's not butterflying. It's playi.g so that you can react to the first shot without sacrificing anything and being able to get in position for a second. Marty is SORELY lacking the second part of that these days.

Typically the only way he stops a rebound is if it pumps right out in front of him or he dives across and nakes the occasional highlight reel save. There is very little control left in his arsenal for second and third shots.

BTW a few weeks ago, the goal myers scored (a right handed shot shooting from outside the circle on the right side) shit like that is fucking horrible no matter what your style.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and so is Tim Thomas.

I'm sorry but your wrong watch Thomas. He only does it when he has too. Marty a little more. I'll cite the 3rd goal in Colorado where on a shit from the point he somehow ends up falling backwards and reaching behind him on a shot from the point. I garuntee you Thomas swallows that and just moves into the shot

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I just don't care what deer says or what excuses anyone can make for him. His stays speak for themselves and are flat out unacceptable.

Look at luongo. He's getting grilled for his play, and its the same as brodeurs. Brodeur? Constantly getting a pass. There is no denying that this team has a better chance to win lately with moose in net, and winning is what matters at the end of the day. I k.ow martyr got a shit ton of those, but the past is the past. He's not getting many lately

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, wish they would keep Moose in net... the team just plays better. This is nothing new... we saw this last year... I hate to say it, but the Marty time is up. He is getting old and he seems slow... Hes been letting soft goals in for years, but as he is getting old (too old) his reflexes arnt the same and its starting to cost us games.... this is two games now we allowed three goals on us in the first... we all know we dont score much, but we try... Lets see tom what Moose will bring since he will get the start probably...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
told you guys this wasnt marty's team anymore....there was a game not sure against who where marty tried to stack his pads ( i think on the eventual gwg) which is fine and dandy but he made his move so early the guy had to way enough time to move right around him...seems marty is just trying to make highlight saves

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got 2 camps here. Those who think its Martys fault the team doesnt play better in front of him VS those who think the team should play their best no matter whos in net. And honestly I think both sides are right and wrong if thats even possible.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got 2 camps here. Those who think its Martys fault the team doesnt play better in front of him VS those who think the team should play their best no matter whos in net. And honestly I think both sides are right and wrong if thats even possible.

Well your spot on correct in this in thst the team should, hell fuckin yeah they should.
I'm just saying I've seen it my whole life, not just this team, where teams will always play better in front of who they're more comfortable.

A lot of it too is say the goalie who's in net is the one they lack confidence in. A good chunk of it is the players tense up, they don't just relax and play. Over compensation often results in no compensation if that makes sense.

I just really Truely believe in the role reversal aspect. if moose played all the games Marty did, and was giving up the same goals wed probably be crucifying him

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, tilo I just noticed your banner, if that's for me thank you, means a lot bro

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your spot on correct in this in thst the team should, hell fuckin yeah they should.
I'm just saying I've seen it my whole life, not just this team, where teams will always play better in front of who they're more comfortable.

A lot of it too is say the goalie who's in net is the one they lack confidence in. A good chunk of it is the players tense up, they don't just relax and play. Over compensation often results in no compensation if that makes sense.

I just really Truely believe in the role reversal aspect. if moose played all the games Marty did, and was giving up the same goals wed probably be crucifying him

Btw, tilo I just noticed your banner, if that's for me thank you, means a lot bro

I thinkt he media would be all over Moose, I agree with that, us here I dont know about. We watch the games, and while we dont always agree who should get the blame we're not always quick to say "its the goalie" like sportscasters do since they tend to looking at the numbers more than the actual play.

And yep, its for you, hope things are getting better

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thinkt he media would be all over Moose, I agree with that, us here I dont know about. We watch the games, and while we dont always agree who should get the blame we're not always quick to say "its the goalie" like sportscasters do since they tend to looking at the numbers more than the actual play.

And yep, its for you, hope things are getting better

Thanks bro, and its makin its way forward. Actually got to leave the house this week which as sad as that sounds is fuckin sweet