• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why all the love for the pens?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not really a flyers related post, but 90 percent of the "experts" are picking the pens to make it to the finals. they couldn't get it done last year, and have only lost players.

they dont have geurin, ponikarovsky or fedotenko anymore.
they dont have gonchar anymore.

essentially they added asham, michalek, and martin.

i dont see how this team is any better than the team that couldn't beat the 8 seed last year...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in for a rude awakening when they realize Michalek and Martin are not the shutdown guys or offensive juggernauts that everyone thinks they are. Now no one thinks they are offensive juggernauts, but they are far from shutdown guys as well.

Someone write this down: Both of these guys will be unmovable contracts in a year or 2.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to do this, but...

nba_g_crosby13_288v.jpg

I dont understand why they are even good. On paper they have Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Fluery. But they are good, and that is how things are.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to do this, but...

I dont understand why they are even good. On paper they have Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Fluery. But they are good, and that is how things are.

Dude......don't do that again or I will be forced to do terrible things to you. :mad:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude......don't do that again or I will be forced to do terrible things to you. :mad:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0612/nba_g_crosby13_-

k

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost 4 of their top 6 scorers and replaced them with Asham and Comrie??? More importantly Gonchar he was their QB on the PP and always scored timely goals...his loss will hurt more than anything.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost 4 of their top 6 scorers and replaced them with Asham and Comrie??? More importantly Gonchar he was their QB on the PP and always scored timely goals...his loss will hurt more than anything.

Let's hope so anyways! :o:)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shy Gooch....jump in bro. You're always welcome here man! ;)

PenVolution

woooooooo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What you guys don't realize is the players we lost (i.e. let go, basically), were all dead weight. Statistically, and on paper only, it looks like a lot. But in actuality (say by chance, you watch the Penguins on the same level I follow the Flyers), it is not even close to the case.

Fed, Guerin and Poni didn't have legs. You saw that in Guerin; flat-out cooked. Add in fresh kids who want to be there and a few gritty veterans that aren't teetering on 35-40 years of age and it's a whole different ball game.

No one thinks the guys we got are shutdown.. at least I don't. I'm realistic in my approach but I DO know they are versatile and very much the player Shero looks for in a defenseman.

Gonchar doesn't hurt nearly as bad as you guys think. You'll see that this season so I won't have to type it anymore.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....just keep closing your eyes and clicking your heels Dorothy, maybe if you wish reeeal hard, it'll all come true. :rolleyes:

;)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonchar doesn't hurt nearly as bad as you guys think. You'll see that this season so I won't have to type it anymore.

50 points in 62 games last year from the point isn't something you write off and ignore. As bad as he was in the playoffs, he was still the closest thing to a #1 the Penguins had. Now they have Orpik and a bunch of 3's.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a good game tonight. Looking forward to it. Not sure who I'd rather see win. I loathe Cindy, but you bastards have been real pains in the asses as of recent. :D.

PenVolution

woooooooo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
50 points in 62 games last year from the point isn't something you write off and ignore. As bad as he was in the playoffs, he was still the closest thing to a #1 the Penguins had. Now they have Orpik and a bunch of 3's.

I thought I came here to argue actual hockey and not fantasy hockey. If points were relevant, Ilya Kovalchuk would actually be a good player.

But fuck it. Regardless of what I say, Gonchar is the greatest defenseman of all-time to everyone that isn't a Penguins fan.

I'll just say we'll trounce you clowns.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I came here to argue actual hockey and not fantasy hockey. If points were relevant, Ilya Kovalchuk would actually be a good player.

But fuck it. Regardless of what I say, Gonchar is the greatest defenseman of all-time to everyone that isn't a Penguins fan.

Whos Ilya Kovalchuk?

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just saying Gonchar was the closest thing to a scoring winger the Penguins had. Now they literally are just Crosby, Malkin, and 3rd liners.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonchar wont be a big loss.. letang will fill in his point-scoring shoes.. and i'll hate the rat bastard even more than i already do (i feel like he scores every time the pens need one against the flyers)..

the wingers are the achilles heel of the pens.. and i know you wanna write that off too penvo, but you have to know your weakness to be a fan.. the flyers goaltending is sub-par, at best, i can admit that.. your wingers are sub-par at best, you have to admit that.. might one of them have a breakout year? ya maybe, but bobrovsky, boosh, or leighton could go on a tear and be a superstar goalie too.. you cant include what-ifs in preseason analysis of your team

i think the pens are gunna start slow without staal..

PenVolution

woooooooo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
gonchar wont be a big loss.. letang will fill in his point-scoring shoes.. and i'll hate the rat bastard even more than i already do (i feel like he scores every time the pens need one against the flyers)..

the wingers are the achilles heel of the pens.. and i know you wanna write that off too penvo, but you have to know your weakness to be a fan.. the flyers goaltending is sub-par, at best, i can admit that.. your wingers are sub-par at best, you have to admit that.. might one of them have a breakout year? ya maybe, but bobrovsky, boosh, or leighton could go on a tear and be a superstar goalie too.. you cant include what-ifs in preseason analysis of your team

i think the pens are gunna start slow without staal..

No I will agree with these sentiments (besides Bobrovsky being a superstar lolololololol). I just don't like how most fans express Gonchar as the golden chalice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can't spell penis without Pens and you can't spell pussy without Sidney Crosby.

Let's get this season started already.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I will agree with these sentiments (besides Bobrovsky being a superstar lolololololol). I just don't like how most fans express Gonchar as the golden chalice.

I don't know about the others, but Gonchar, for some unknown reason, and even though he was on the Pens, was a player that I actually liked. He just seemed to go about his business and was very good. As you have said, he is getting up there in age and is probably ready for a steep drop off.

That being said, he was pretty good last year and he may not have been replaced. He and Martin are different players. Gonchar did seem to be the QB of the PP, but you still have Sid, Malkin, etc.

Anyway it should be an entertaining game. A little suprised that the Flyers are going with Bob in game #1, but he did have a good pre season. I don't think he faced anything near what he will face today, but we shall see.

Bottom line is that the Pens SUCK and the Flyers are GREAT. As always,

Let's go FLYERS!!!!!;)