• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's installing Windows 10 when available later this month?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might upgrade from 8. I got a new touchscreen laptop and 8 pissed me off to no end. If 10 support touchscreen but gives me windows 7 functionality back then I might.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got windows 8 on a second drive, wouldn't mind upgrading that to windows 10 and seeing how I like it. Going hold on to my windows 7 for now.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's the touch screen that does it mostly. I miss it on computers that don't have it. If you learn your way around some of the quirks that were more accesible in pre-8 versions, it does just about anything you need faster. Combo of mouse, touch and ctrl shortcuts and you can work very fast.

Dude, I can't even get the fing calendar to do what I want in Outlook, I fing hate the newer Windows shit.

I feel like I own a VHS and I have to call my oldest kid every night to tell me how to reset the fing clock.:gaah:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it installed guys. I am in the preview. Overall it is kind of a mix of 8 and 7 as stated above. I like it so far.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windows 10 comes out July 29th, the same night as the remake of the movie Vacation. Not a good match, something tells me it will be the Griswald of the OS world.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to give the preview a test run. I like giving new things a trial run.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your time, go with Windows ME first.:nod::thumb:

Dude, I can't even get the fing calendar to do what I want in Outlook, I fing hate the newer Windows shit.

I feel like I own a VHS and I have to call my oldest kid every night to tell me how to reset the fing clock.:gaah:

Make up your mind, it's like your arguing with yourself.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing launches in a matter of days and the reseller version has already been put on disk and shipped out to the major vendors and yet there are still several things that are either flat out bugged, or not yet in the latest preview and there are quite a few things that have only been added in the last month or so that haven't had nearly enough time in the hands of the beta testers to fully vet it.

Once again they are pushing something out that likely isn't quite ready for prime time. They do this every time.

Zero chance there aren't issues and a flurry of patches over at least the first week or two.

I personally will upgrade my home machines as soon as it appears there aren't any major risks and will wait at least a month before I even consider installing it on my least mission critical machines at work.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing launches in a matter of days and the reseller version has already been put on disk and shipped out to the major vendors and yet there are still several things that are either flat out bugged, or not yet in the latest preview and there are quite a few things that have only been added in the last month or so that haven't had nearly enough time in the hands of the beta testers to fully vet it.

Once again they are pushing something out that likely isn't quite ready for prime time. They do this every time.

Zero chance there aren't issues and a flurry of patches over at least the first week or two.

I personally will upgrade my home machines as soon as it appears there aren't any major risks and will wait at least a month before I even consider installing it on my least mission critical machines at work.

We'll call it ME v10

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Mac desktop at home, an ACER laptop and Surface, both with Windows 8, and an iPhone. I don't plan to buy a new Mac desktop until they have touch screen, which is not happening; they say because they are focused on other things in the OS. The Mac boys say touch is not a priority for Mac cuz they offer it on the iPads and iPhones, LOL, no kidding. To have a desktop or laptop with touch screen is light years ahead in terms of usability and everyday productivity.

Regarding the comment about Windows 8 being sneaky in terms of what you are looking to do, it's true until you learn a few shortcuts, then you have the touch icons + traditional desktop views.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Mac desktop at home, an ACER laptop and Surface, both with Windows 8, and an iPhone. I don't plan to buy a new Mac desktop until they have touch screen, which is not happening; they say because they are focused on other things in the OS. The Mac boys say touch is not a priority for Mac cuz they offer it on the iPads and iPhones, LOL, no kidding. To have a desktop or laptop with touch screen is light years ahead in terms of usability and everyday productivity.

Regarding the comment about Windows 8 being sneaky in terms of what you are looking to do, it's true until you learn a few shortcuts, then you have the touch icons + traditional desktop views.
Love a touch screen on tablets and phone, won't mind it on a laptop, but on a desktop....no thanks.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 works great for me on desktop, prolly gonna wait until I see a 10.1. When it comes to OS's, I'm a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will get 10 just to get the start button back.
Love a touch screen on tablets and phone, won't mind it on a laptop, but on a desktop....no thanks.

Dunno about that, I find myself uselessly swiping away on the screen of my home desktop Mac. The advantages of touch screen far outweigh the downside, if any.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each his own. I have both Apple and Windows computers and I much prefer Windows.
I have both as well. Work uses Apple and I always used a PC at home. After a year of using Apple at work, I fell in love with it. Bought a couple of Imac's for the fam and the rest is history. I actually have no problems with pc's, just prefer apple.

It's funny, arguing Apple vs Mac is like arguing politics or religion to some folks. My Apple post got me a bullshit, facepalm and rainbow :scratch:pretty quickly.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have both as well. Work uses Apple and I always used a PC at home. After a year of using Apple at work, I fell in love with it. Bought a couple of Imac's for the fam and the rest is history. I actually have no problems with pc's, just prefer apple.

It's funny, arguing Apple vs Mac is like arguing politics or religion to some folks. My Apple post got me a bullshit, facepalm and rainbow :scratch:pretty quickly.
Now that's funny. I got no problem using Apple products, I love my iPad, just never really dug the Apple laptop I have, but I don't hate it. Mostly I think I just know more about windows OS then Apples, thus I like it better.