• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Who would you pick if.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were Elway and you had 1st pk in this draft. Just curious to see who you guys like the most in this draft. Would you go for a position of need or would you just have to grab that guy you just couldn`t flat out pass on becuase he`s such a great talent whether it`s a big need or not. No trades, just "your" guy.
Nice try Dumler, It says 1st pick in the draft - not Broncos 1st pick.
You owe me no explanation. Why deflect?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try Dumler, It says 1st pick in the draft - not Broncos 1st pick.
You owe me no explanation. Why deflect?

Well lets see...1st pick in this draft to me when I read it along with all the qualifiers after was taken to mean our 1st pick in the draft. I thought the topic more dealt with the idea of picking for need compared to that of BPA. Obviously I just misread it in the first place and when others followed suit with going with OUR first pick instead of the 1st overall pick we just went with it.

Again for the 1st overall pick things change on the discussion. If I were the Broncos and actually had the 1st pick in the draft it would come down to 2 prospects for me. The first being the safer pick in Leonard Williams. He fits the bill somewhat of Need (could start any of the 3 DL positions for us but we do have quality starters already at those positions but two of them are FA's after this season so could be viewed as a position of need) but he definitely fits the bill of BPA. I have him rated as my top prospect in this entire draft. He is great against the run and pass and is a guy that you see as your starter on the DL for the next 10 years with the potential to be an All-Pro.

The other guy I would consider is that of Jameis Winston. Talent wise on the field there is no better quarterback in this entire draft and it is not even close. He comes from a pro style offense so he can start day 1 and find instant success. He is great under pressure, has a very accurate arm, knows how to read defenses, and is great on the timing routes. Throw in many have said they have not seen a quarterback this smart in the draft process since Manning came through. That is pretty high praise in my book. Obviously though this pick comes down to can all the off the field issues get talked through? If I think this guy can put some of those things behind him and mature as some players do then yes this is my pick. If I think this guy given now a bunch of money all of a sudden becomes a huge liability then I go with the safer pick in Williams.