• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who would you LIKE to see traded

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is for the wisher.

in your own opinion who would you like to see traded if kovy is signed and why?

personally i'm going with rolston. i don't mind him as a player. but not at 5 mil, and not on the first 2 lines. he's now a 3rd liner at best with some (and its not al that much IMO) power play ability. 20 goals is 20 goals. but 20 goals shouldn't cost the team 5 mil a year, esp when that player is 37 and is most likely hurting the teams ability to begin its youth movement

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolston is the obvious choice. The problem is he makes 5 million. There are only two ways Rolston is dealt. One is if it's for a mid round pick. Total salary dump. The problem with this is there aren't many teams with the cap space. The other is the Devils take back about 2 million in salary in a player swap. This would save the Devils 3 million which would help.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but he does have a no trade clause to complicate matters further...

plus a lot of devils fans don't like zubes... why i can't fathom but.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolston just the leeway the devs would get out of dumping his salary would be reason enough but i also feel like he makes our pp too predictable

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It has to be rolston. He's by far the most useless player on the team. He has almost no productive upside next season if Kovy isn't playing. He can't be effective at all unless he's in the top 6. Who's better than him? I don't think he's better than Clarkson, Zubrus, of JJ should be. So do you have him as the 4th line winger? No Way. Zubrus and Bryce are both effective players.

Remember, the best part of the Kovalchuk signing is how it moves everyone down the depth chart a spot. That makes everyone else on the team more effective. The same thing would happen in reverse if Salvador and Zubrus we're moved.

Not to mention, eliminated Rolston's contract makes everything else just fit under the cap. JJ, our extra d-man and forward all included.

devsfan4life02

New Jersey Devils Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rolston would be ideal since just moving him would free up the cap space needed to fall under the cap and leave us with enough room to maybe make a move during the season as well.

The other ideal choice would be to some how move Langs. I don't hate the guy, I just feel that it is time Parise got the C.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't mind langs as a player. but i do mind him as a captain. i think he's someone that needs their attitude in check, not project his among others.

the one thing to remember tho is we have 21 players currently and i believe we need 23. we need to get under the cap enough to fit 2 or 3 more small salaries under as well... which again goes back to my projection of josefson and urbom.

how would this be for interesting. instead of just rolston, or zubes and salvador.

how would you guys feel about say rolston AND zubes or langs heading out? basically meaning how would you feel about moving 2 wings out and no d?

devsfan4life02

New Jersey Devils Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really don't mind langs as a player. but i do mind him as a captain. i think he's someone that needs their attitude in check, not project his among others.

the one thing to remember tho is we have 21 players currently and i believe we need 23. we need to get under the cap enough to fit 2 or 3 more small salaries under as well... which again goes back to my projection of josefson and urbom.

how would this be for interesting. instead of just rolston, or zubes and salvador.

how would you guys feel about say rolston AND zubes or langs heading out? basically meaning how would you feel about moving 2 wings out and no d?

I think you would have to keep one of the two. I personally like Zubes, many are down on him, but he is a big body out there and we don't need him to be to special to win. I agree with the Langs being a baby thing, so maybe Rolston, Langs, and Salvador. I like Sal a lot and would hate to see him go, but this is a business.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like zubes. he is the player on our roster right now who i think brings the most intangibles.

hell i think he exemplifies great on ice leadership.

the one thing no one has talked about is lou made it very clear at the start of this off season that a youth movement is upon us.... and we have 3 or 4 rookies who he himself deemed ready in tedenby josefson urbom and corrente...

maybe by some slight chance he continues the make over and you do see langs and rolston go (by some miracle at least w rolston) and then salv too to open a d spot up.....

now yes that sounds risky at the top. but think of the cap room and the ability to deal you then have at the deadline for what would actually be a rental this year, and we'd only have one need to fill barring big injury.... bonafide puck moving d

likely? hell no. but i don't think its as crazy as most would think it is.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, Rolston, but if they can't dump him: Langenbrunner, White, Salvador, Zubrus in that order.

I think Zubs is good for our team, would love to see Langs and White go if Rolston can't be moved, but I fear it will be Salvador and Zubs who are both still useful.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortuenately i think thats what were headed for...

salvador i think, while useful is far easier to replace than zubrus w a rookie however.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortuenately i think thats what were headed for...

salvador i think, while useful is far easier to replace than zubrus w a rookie however.

I agree, ideally would rather see White go of the 2 though. People won't appreciate Zubs till he's gone. He can play a variety of roles on this team and always plays hard.