• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would Trade Nick Young

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have easily. Now that Clarkson injured his PCL and Williams is out with an injury we need Young more than ever. He is probably the starting SG for the next few weeks.

Initial report for Clarkson is that it's just a strain. Clarkson said after the game that "It's just a little sore right now. It's my first time having something like this happen. I don't think this is a big deal."

He's supposed to have an MRI today to make sure, so we'll see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have easily. Now that Clarkson injured his PCL and Williams is out with an injury we need Young more than ever. He is probably the starting SG for the next few weeks.

Does it matter who the starting SG is when the plan for the rest of the season is to minimize wins and keep their draft pick? At least Nick should help them lose.

Lakers could always cut someone at the end of the bench loose (Kelly?, MWP?) and sign someone to a 10-day (Jabari Brown perhaps, just back from China?). Love MWP, but he's nailed to that bench.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vehemently disagree. Randle, Russell, and Williams all would be solid players on a good team
They haven't convinced me...sorry. It's easy to look good on a 12 win team. On the Warriors all three would be riding the bench for lack of defense and poor shot selection. The Warriors are the pinnacle in the NBA right now and every team should be aiming to be better than them. The Lakers are headed in the wrong direction IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't convinced me...sorry. It's easy to look good on a 12 win team. On the Warriors all three would be riding the bench for lack of defense and poor shot selection. The Warriors are the pinnacle in the NBA right now and every team should be aiming to be better than them. The Lakers are headed in the wrong direction IMO.

Gonna have to facepalm you there buddy.

Those three have a combined NBA experience of less than 4 years. Give them time.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to facepalm you there buddy.

Those three have a combined NBA experience of less than 4 years. Give them time.
No problem it wouldn't be the first time...:pound:
We will see what happens next season. If these guy's are as good or are going to be as good as some of you predict than the Lakers had better get a coaching staff that can get them up to speed fast. I go back to.......wait for it......12 wins and it's March. That is not a rebuild it's a total failure and it's not because they are too young either. I see these guy's chucking the ball from way outside with no one positioned for the rebound and the most pathetic Swiss cheese defense in the league. But I know no one wants to hear it :rolleyes2: so I'll shut up about it.
Boy do I miss The two Jerry's.....:L

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Do I think Byron is the guy to bring the Lakers another title? Probably not. But I also don't think he's nearly as bad as he's been painted. He has essentially been handed an impossible task for the past 2 seasons. Last season, he was handed a roster that was pretty much devoid of NBA talent.

This season, he has NBA talent in 4 promising young players and decent tole players in guys like Lou Williams, Bass, etc. He's had to try and balance developing the young guys, while giving Kobe's farewell tour the respect it deserves.

The problem for him is that for whatever reason, the media has decided to trash him at every opportunity and fans have followed suit. Because of this, fair or not, I think he gets fired after the season. Thibs being available and Luke's performance as interim head coach don't help his case much either. The Lakers won't even be able to say "there was no one available who was better."

At this point, I think the only way Byron's job could be saved would be if someone like Durant let them know he wants to be a Laker, but only if they keep Byron (which ain't happening).

The one other possibility for Byron to remain is that this off-season will begin the 3rd year in the 3 years that Jim said he needed and would step down if the Lakers aren't contenders. Byron was his choice and he may decide to stay with him. Although, considering the level of negativity directed at him, even Jim should be able to see that he can't keep him.

It's because he's earned it. That's the reason. The media didn't just hold a conference call and all agree to shit on Byron Scott. They just report on what's happening. And what's happening is Scott is yet again showing his coaching incompetence in grand fashion. When you ever realize Byron is a poor coach, everything will click into place and it'll all make sense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because he's earned it. That's the reason. The media didn't just hold a conference call and all agree to shit on Byron Scott. They just report on what's happening. And what's happening is Scott is yet again showing his coaching incompetence in grand fashion. When you ever realize Byron is a poor coach, everything will click into place and it'll all make sense.

You really need a new theme.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of these days, you'll see the light. We'll go down to the river and you'll be born again. The angels will sing and Mark Madsen will dance

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these days, you'll see the light. We'll go down to the river and you'll be born again. The angels will sing and Mark Madsen will dance

One of these days you'll actually post something that isn't the same repetitive bullshit that you've posted 1,000 times already. Although I'm sure no one is holding their breath waiting.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these days you'll actually post something that isn't the same repetitive bullshit that you've posted 1,000 times already. Although I'm sure no one is holding their breath waiting.

The truth isn't repetitive bullshit. It's the truth. If anything is repetitive, its you grasping at any straw you can find to tell people "hey, its not that bad, you just gotta ignore all this evidence and look at it differently" (like that nonsensical media gang up excuse). You did the same thing Mike D'Antoni. Everyone knew he was done and why it was going to happen and you were on here like "he hasn't been that bad. Maybe he can have another year to do better" yadayada. You'll semi acknowledge their failures, but never fully commit and instead look for ancillary reasons to justify how its going to get better or how things aren't how they seem. There's your repetitive theme; you struggle to be objective about the Lakers. Despite an ocean of evidence to the contrary, you'll always look for a more rose colored position. The bright side of things can be fine, but sometimes guys just suck and its not going to work no matter how you look at it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth isn't repetitive bullshit. It's the truth. If anything is repetitive, its you grasping at any straw you can find to tell people "hey, its not that bad, you just gotta ignore all this evidence and look at it differently" (like that nonsensical media gang up excuse). You did the same thing Mike D'Antoni. Everyone knew he was done and why it was going to happen and you were on here like "he hasn't been that bad. Maybe he can have another year to do better" yadayada. You'll semi acknowledge their failures, but never fully commit and instead look for ancillary reasons to justify how its going to get better or how things aren't how they seem. There's your repetitive theme; you struggle to be objective about the Lakers. Despite an ocean of evidence to the contrary, you'll always look for a more rose colored position. The bright side of things can be fine, but sometimes guys just suck and its not going to work no matter how you look at it.

Repeating the same shit over and over is repetitive bullshit. Everyone has read what you have to say. Move the fuck on and get some new material.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was discussing Scott with a friend of mine who has been watching the Lakers practically before I was born and we both are agreed on one thing. Scott really is not that great of a coach, but there isn't any one any better. I say you have to give Scott the final year on his contract and let him play it out. We all know that the Lakers will not be serious contenders next year without a seriously big signing. I expect that this roster has a good chance to be considerably better and make the playoffs. Then see what happens.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeating the same shit over and over is repetitive bullshit. Everyone has read what you have to say. Move the fuck on and get some new material.

And everyone here has seen over and over how you'll go to great lengths to absolve Scott but that doesn't stop you from posting either. Are you planning to "move the fuck on" anytime soon? But maybe you're right that I need new material. Facts aren't working. Maybe I'll go fabricate some. Make believe theories about how the media just decided to trash the coach which is dooming Scott because its brainwashed the fans into thinking he's trash sounds like a good place to start.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was discussing Scott with a friend of mine who has been watching the Lakers practically before I was born and we both are agreed on one thing. Scott really is not that great of a coach, but there isn't any one any better. I say you have to give Scott the final year on his contract and let him play it out. We all know that the Lakers will not be serious contenders next year without a seriously big signing. I expect that this roster has a good chance to be considerably better and make the playoffs. Then see what happens.

Imo, it really depends. I don't think Scott is a great coach and I really doubt that he is the guy to lead the Lakers back to the finals. However, it's not as if he's been handed a lineup that can win either and the improvement in the young guys, especially Russell, is obvious. The question is, are they better because they are playing more or are they better because Byron chose to bring them along slowly. Either way, it's pure speculation.

Thibs is available and Luke is considered a rising star in the coaching ranks and may get hired as a head coach as soon as this off-season. If the Lakers can get either of them, they need to fire Byron, fair or not. I would just hope they made sure that they can actually get one of them before firing Byron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone here has seen over and over how you'll go to great lengths to absolve Scott but that doesn't stop you from posting either. Are you planning to "move the fuck on" anytime soon? But maybe you're right that I need new material. Facts aren't working. Maybe I'll go fabricate some. Make believe theories about how the media just decided to trash the coach which is dooming Scott because its brainwashed the fans into thinking he's trash sounds like a good place to start.

You're full of shit. You drop in on posts that have little or nothing to do with Byron, just to bash. You have presented no facts. Everything is speculation and it's the same bullshit you've already posted 100 times. You present zero new material.

And gee, we've certainly never seen the media pile on a player whether positive or negative and whether it was deserved or not.:rolleyes2:

Again, find new material.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it really depends. I don't think Scott is a great coach and I really doubt that he is the guy to lead the Lakers back to the finals. However, it's not as if he's been handed a lineup that can win either and the improvement in the young guys, especially Russell, is obvious. The question is, are they better because they are playing more or are they better because Byron chose to bring them along slowly. Either way, it's pure speculation.

Thibs is available and Luke is considered a rising star in the coaching ranks and may get hired as a head coach as soon as this off-season. If the Lakers can get either of them, they need to fire Byron, fair or not. I would just hope they made sure that they can actually get one of them before firing Byron.
That's just it too, because Scott has not had a fair line up and he does have a positive history in developing new talent on the block - Chris Paul being one of them. I think Scott could go either way depending on his recognition of himself as a coach. The bible says to examine YOURSELVES AND SEE IF YOU ARE WORTHY OF THE FAITH. Taking this into the NBA, if he were to examine himself, recognize his weaknesses and get some help that will make him better he could become a winner. Phil Jackson did that when he lost to Boston in 2008 with the Lakers. He went back and got a better defensive minded coach and it helped.

Remember one thing about Luke Walton. So far he has looked good, but filling in for a coach who already has the plays set, the positions filled and everything set up for the head coach that led the team to the finals is a far cry from being the man. I've been there as an assistant in groups and found it to be quite the job when suddenly the president of the group resigned and dumped it on me. It is possible(I didn't say wasn't ready, so please don't go into a tizzy anyone) that Walton is not ready to be a head coach yet and possibly needs a few more years as an assistant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it too, because Scott has not had a fair line up and he does have a positive history in developing new talent on the block - Chris Paul being one of them. I think Scott could go either way depending on his recognition of himself as a coach. The bible says to examine YOURSELVES AND SEE IF YOU ARE WORTHY OF THE FAITH. Taking this into the NBA, if he were to examine himself, recognize his weaknesses and get some help that will make him better he could become a winner.

The problem that Scott has, imo, is that fair or not, he has been skewered in the media and by fans. This could influence top FA's to not want to join the Lakers. So even if the problem is the rosters he's been handed, you can't keep him if no one wants to play for him.

Now, with the kids, especially Russell, playing better it seems that some in the media are starting to grudgingly say that maybe Scott knew what he was doing after all. I read it from a writer in the paper the other day and heard a guy on the radio suggest the same. Problem is, these are local guys and there have only been the 2 so far. The national media is still anti-Byron.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem that Scott has, imo, is that fair or not, he has been skewered in the media and by fans. This could influence top FA's to not want to join the Lakers.

Now, with the kids, especially Russell, playing better it seems that some in the media are starting to grudgingly say that maybe Scott knew what he was doing after all. I read it from a writer in the paper the other day and heard a guy on the radio suggest the same. Problem is, these are local guys and there have only been the 2 so far. The national media is still anti-Byron.
The Lakers fans in general have always expected a lot and been quite demanding which I can understand since the Lakers went almost two decades or more without needing a first round draft pick in the top five. The last time that happened was James Worthy. So most of the younger generation like your friend Wild Turkey is not old enough or mature enough to understand how it works in developing a new team. What the Warriors did was really smart in developing a young team and I think the Buss family decided to take a shot at doing the same while trying to sign new free agents. In another year I think free agents will be wanting to sign with the Lakers and will see the Lakers as contenders and I kind of hope the Lakers get that top three protected pick and don't sign free agents and let this younger core develop together. One or two smaller talents next year and the Lakers would be on their way. In this case - Patience will win the battle.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers fans in general have always expected a lot and been quite demanding which I can understand since the Lakers went almost two decades or more without needing a first round draft pick in the top five. The last time that happened was James Worthy. So most of the younger generation like your friend Wild Turkey is not old enough or mature enough to understand how it works in developing a new team. What the Warriors did was really smart in developing a young team and I think the Buss family decided to take a shot at doing the same while trying to sign new free agents. In another year I think free agents will be wanting to sign with the Lakers and will see the Lakers as contenders and I kind of hope the Lakers get that top three protected pick and don't sign free agents and let this younger core develop together. One or two smaller talents next year and the Lakers would be on their way. In this case - Patience will win the battle.

Yeah, I don't know how young wildturkey is, but us Lakers fans of any age have never exactly been known for our patience. I've been following the Lakers since 1970 and have seen some teams here and there that were pretty bad. But the Lakers have always rebounded pretty quickly and at least gotten back to the playoffs within a year or 2.

Now, we're faced with a, so far, 3 year playoff drought, a team that looks like it will finish with the worst record in team history and the possibility of a 4th straight year missing the playoffs, unless they make a splash in FA. Not something any of us are used to, so I understand the lack of patience even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

I do kind of like the idea of not worrying too much about a top FA this off-season and letting the young guys learn and grow together ala the Warriors and even OKC. But, if they have a legit shot at a guy like KD or even Whiteside, I think they need to get them. KD especially, is vet enough to lead the team, but young enough to be part of the future for a long time rather than just babysit for 2-3 seasons.