• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would Trade Nick Young

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers salary this year is about 72 million, but the cap is 70 million which means that the Lakers might have yo pay about 6 or more million in luxary taxes, depending on how those rules work out, but if the Lakers were to trade Young for a bag of potato chips, or a draft pick, their salaries would drop down to 67 million, would be below the salary cap and get rid of a shitty player while they were at it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline is over. They shopped him. Every other team (rightly) laughed out loud and said "No".

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young should play more. The guy is a scoring machine. When Kobe retires Swaggy P hopefully will get his minutes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better question is "who would trade FOR Nick Young?"

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a single player or coach on the Lakers that should be re signed. 11 wins?...11 wins??? 11 wins?????

11 - 49?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a single player or coach on the Lakers that should be re signed. 11 wins?...11 wins??? 11 wins?????

:lol: Calm down son. We don't want to be winning too much right now. Too many wins = no first round pick. The kids have looked good. Russell has been steadily improving and played his best game of the season last night, Randle has become a double double machine, Clarkson is looking like the next Eddie Jones to me and Nance is looking like a draft day steal.

If the Lakers can get the #1 or #2 pick in this years draft and combine that with a top FA or 2, we could be looking at a pretty fast turnaround from here.

We'd be looking at a core group of young players in Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance and Simmons/Ingram that should be pretty attractive to FA's.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd be looking at a core group of young players in Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance and Simmons/Ingram that should be pretty attractive to FA's.

Especially now Russell is starting to make some noise!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Calm down son. We don't want to be winning too much right now. Too many wins = no first round pick. The kids have looked good. Russell has been steadily improving and played his best game of the season last night, Randle has become a double double machine, Clarkson is looking like the next Eddie Jones to me and Nance is looking like a draft day steal.

If the Lakers can get the #1 or #2 pick in this years draft and combine that with a top FA or 2, we could be looking at a pretty fast turnaround from here.

12 wins and the season is 2/3 over. If Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, etc etc had any chance to be great or even good bench players the Lakers would be more competitive. I actually place the heaviest blame for poor play on Scott. He is not a head coach...he just isn't. Calm Down????? I've been watching the Lakers since 1975 and I have never seen a worse Lakers team in all of that time....never. Draft pick? that is one player the Lakers are far more damaged than a one player fix. I will try to calm myself but this Lakers season has been a disaster in my opinion. Have the Lakers even won by double digits this season? Sorry if they were a house for sale they would be a tear down and rebuild job and that is what is needed...tear the team up and start all over again. I'm not angry with you or anyone else here just frustrated as hell with Mitch and the Lakers front office! Never hire a head coach that you are unwilling to fire because he was once your team mate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 wins and the season is 2/3 over. If Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, etc etc had any chance to be great or even good bench players the Lakers would be more competitive. I actually place the heaviest blame for poor play on Scott. He is not a head coach...he just isn't. Calm Down????? I've been watching the Lakers since 1975 and I have never seen a worse Lakers team in all of that time....never. Draft pick? that is one player the Lakers are far more damaged than a one player fix. I will try to calm myself but this Lakers season has been a disaster in my opinion. Have the Lakers even won by double digits this season? Sorry if they were a house for sale they would be a tear down and rebuild job and that is what is needed...tear the team up and start all over again. I'm not angry with you or anyone else here just frustrated as hell with Mitch and the Lakers front office! Never hire a head coach that you are unwilling to fire because he was once your team mate.

I have been watching them since 1970 and haven't seen a worse one either. However, I have also never seen a Lakers team relying this heavily on players with next to no experience. We have never seen them go through a total re-build like this. Anyone who was paying attention when the Dwightmare/Nash trade blew up, knew this was coming. Maybe not quite this bad, but we knew it would be bad.

They rely on Russell and Nance who are rookies, Randle, who may as well be a rookie since his rookie season lasted all of 12 minutes and Clarkson who is in his 2nd season. There's no way that 4 guys that young, a 37 year old shooting guard playing small forward and some spare parts like Hibbert and Lou Williams were going to be a good team. They don't have the experience and Kobe doesn't have the legs anymore to carry them.

As a point of reference, OKC went 20-62 in Kevin Durant's first season. They improved all the way to 23-59 in his 2nd season when they added Russell Westbrook and that was with PJ Carlesimo (who was actually a respected coach). Although, they did fire him in that 2nd season when they started 1-13.

Cleveland had the #1 pick in the draft 3 out of 4 years and the #4 pick the year they didn't have the #1 pick and the best they could do before Lebron returned was 33 wins (they had 19, 21, 24 and 33).

Given what he's had to work with as far as draft picks, I'd say that Mitch has done a very good job considering how good the kids project to be.

It's tough because, as Lakers fans, we have never seen the team have to go through this level of re-build and we aren't used to having to be patient. Heck, even when the Lakers have had the #1 pick (Magic in '79 and Worthy in '82) it was just the rich getting richer, not any kind of re-build.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough because, as Lakers fans, we have never seen the team have to go through this level of re-build and we aren't used to having to be patient.
You make some good points especially this one....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points especially this one....

Believe me, I am very frustrated. I'm just trying to be patient and taking pleasure in small victories like Randle becoming a double/double machine, Russell starting to look more like a #2 pick and the surprises that are Clarkson and Nance.

I'm also getting a little bit of a kick out of watching Kobe squirm his way through his farewell tour. :lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are far too fast to criticize Scott but i'm damn sure there isn't a head coach in the world that can turn this team into a playoff-team with the inexperience they have right now. If he gave Russell, for example, 35-40 minutes a game from the start and he got injured due to fatigue, he'd be thrown under the bus for playing young guys so much.

Right now there's pretty much nothing Scott can do right according to fans.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have easily. Now that Clarkson injured his PCL and Williams is out with an injury we need Young more than ever. He is probably the starting SG for the next few weeks.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vehemently disagree. Randle, Russell, and Williams all would be solid players on a good team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are leading the Nuggets, 88-85, right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are far too fast to criticize Scott but i'm damn sure there isn't a head coach in the world that can turn this team into a playoff-team with the inexperience they have right now. If he gave Russell, for example, 35-40 minutes a game from the start and he got injured due to fatigue, he'd be thrown under the bus for playing young guys so much.

Right now there's pretty much nothing Scott can do right according to fans.

Yeah. Do I think Byron is the guy to bring the Lakers another title? Probably not. But I also don't think he's nearly as bad as he's been painted. He has essentially been handed an impossible task for the past 2 seasons. Last season, he was handed a roster that was pretty much devoid of NBA talent.

This season, he has NBA talent in 4 promising young players and decent tole players in guys like Lou Williams, Bass, etc. He's had to try and balance developing the young guys, while giving Kobe's farewell tour the respect it deserves.

The problem for him is that for whatever reason, the media has decided to trash him at every opportunity and fans have followed suit. Because of this, fair or not, I think he gets fired after the season. Thibs being available and Luke's performance as interim head coach don't help his case much either. The Lakers won't even be able to say "there was no one available who was better."

At this point, I think the only way Byron's job could be saved would be if someone like Durant let them know he wants to be a Laker, but only if they keep Byron (which ain't happening).

The one other possibility for Byron to remain is that this off-season will begin the 3rd year in the 3 years that Jim said he needed and would step down if the Lakers aren't contenders. Byron was his choice and he may decide to stay with him. Although, considering the level of negativity directed at him, even Jim should be able to see that he can't keep him.