• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Starts Klay, Barnes or AI#9

Who 2/3 starts

• Klay and AI#9

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Klay and Barnes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • AI#9 and Barnes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough decision for Kerr coming up, honestly, as Jack and Landry proved a few years ago, it doesn't matter who starts, it matter who finishes the game.

But if it was up to you, who starts, and why?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could certainly be wrong here, but I'm really worried about Barnes' career with the Warriors. This transition to a non-starter has really worsened his game. I do realize the importance of having A.I. in the game, but if there were any way to start Barnes and get him in the right mode......a productive in control scorer, yet also allow A.I. the proper amount of playing time, this would be optimal.

I really think that Barnes needs to work on his offensive skills, especially his dribble moves. Right now he mostly takes big steps, never hesitates to fake his man out and puts up a decent amount of mildly wild shots. When you see someone with his physical talent it hurts to see them struggle so much. If he played with Steph he'd get a decent amount of nice passes for easy or at least open buckets. Last year they'd just give Barnes the ball and expect him to make some great individual move. But, he's a ways away from being that kind of guy. His game needs to be developed more or else he'll be traded in the next year or so. I know that other teams notice his potential and will make a play for him. Sorry for the length.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's gotta be AI9. Barnes best shot for maximizing his potential comes with more opportunity. That does not come with starting with the first unit and being the 4th or 5th option.

The way the offense looks so far, it seems like a perfect fit geared towards Barnes skill set. Player movement and ball movement are what will get Barnes going. He won't be relied upon for iso post ups any more.

Barnes was the #7 pick. I'm not looking for him to blend in to be productive. We still don't really know what we have in the guy. The best way to see if he has the potential to do something great is to give him opportunity to shine. That will not be with the first unit right now.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's gotta be AI9. Barnes best shot for maximizing his potential comes with more opportunity. That does not come with starting with the first unit and being the 4th or 5th option.

The way the offense looks so far, it seems like a perfect fit geared towards Barnes skill set. Player movement and ball movement are what will get Barnes going. He won't be relied upon for iso post ups any more.

Barnes was the #7 pick. I'm not looking for him to blend in to be productive. We still don't really know what we have in the guy. The best way to see if he has the potential to do something great is to give him opportunity to shine. That will not be with the first unit right now.

I was a big time HB fan, I think he still has potential to grow, but will it be on this team? HB has time to learn under some really good veterans. He seems like he needs a change of pace, but if we can swing a deal to the forever rebuilding Bobcats / Hornets for Al Jefferson somehow, that would be awesome for a playoff run this year.

Thing is, if HB doesn't start, I don't know if he's even the 6th man coming off the bench this year. Money Green, Livingston, FE, SPeights all deserve minutes aswell.

Gun to my head, I say AI#9 starts the most games this year, even w/ the phantom of the opera mask this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if we have a better second string/team then Barnes can thrive. I think that Barnes needs to spend some money on someone during the off-season to try and work on his offensive moves, his range of shots, etc. He was the high school player of the year his senior year, or maybe they called it the "#1 ranked player in the nation". His career is not panning out thus far, though his rookie season seemed like he was going to be great. I think that the Warriors need to do something to make him a better player, and that's going to come from extensive work on his offensive game during the off-season. Otherwise, he'll be traded soon and we most likely won't get too much from him because he probably will be coming off of a few disappointing seasons. This is not what you'd like to get from a #7 pick.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that Barnes is learning how to cut, run to spots and not start his own offense by scanning the D and wasting time. If he can find his spot, cut to the hole, occassionally post, he'll be much better. I would prefer that Barnes starts and that assumes he is worthy of starting. Throwing him into the starting lineup won't work unless Kerr and the staff believe he can produce but starting him as a trade chip to bolster his stature is a bad idea. Like I been saying, Barnes should be as good as Ariza w a dash of RJeff.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay and A.I you don't want to mess with the best starting 5

GSWRaider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a big mistake to bench AI#9, to me I think it's like a slap in the face to him whether he admits it or not. AI#9 is a sneaky speaker and when he said he was pissed about it joking I think he could have meant it. I agree with Hambombs, keep this top 5 unit together.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala and Kerr have a bond that he doesn't have with many others... they're both UofA alumn. I'm sure Kerr and Iguodala have open lines of communication. If Iguodala would feel slighted, Kerr would know about it for sure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Iggy is smart and unselfish enough to handle not starting. As long as his minutes are basically the same and he sees why it is best for the team to have a productive Barnes with the starting five. I also believe that A.I. is a little too hesitant to shoot while on the starting five, given that he's with 3 productive scorers in Curry, Lee and Thompson. I'd like to see A.I. shoot the ball more often without hesitancy and with confidence, and it would be great if he could build upon his improved 3 point shot from last year.

It seems obvious to me that the Warriors, more than any other team, have embraced the idea of shooting the 3 point shot more than any other team in the NBA. I think that it's a belief that if you just shoot 33% or higher from 3 point range that it's good strategy. And, they aren't just shooting the three, but I believe that since they've embraced this strategy that the players are encouraged to practice their 3 point shooting more because they believe in the power of the 3 point shot. I also believe that with the top 2 3-point shooters in the league in Steph and Klay that this only opens up open shots for others on the team, whether it's shots from 3 or 2 point range. Steph and Klay's sharpshooting from 3 is going to create a symbiotic situation for the team and many players on the team are going to have career years in overall (both 3pt and 2pt) FG%. The players I'm talking about are Barnes, AI, Green as well as Rush.

One more thought, do y'all (remember, I'm from the south) come on here during the games and "talk" during the season games? I haven't like a team this much since the Larry Bird Celtics from the 80s.

Sorry the length and I appreciate any replies.

Greg