• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Should Lakers Take No. 1 If They Get The First Pick?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are dreaming, the Bucks are going to win this lottery. The've sucked forever and need it, don't piss on my parade.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, if Embid is healthy I like him a lot myself. But if they can't give him a clean bill of health I'd be happy with Parker or Wiggins. Smart would be great if you just needed a point guard, he plays great defense and does everything fairly well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What just because you say the Bucks are going to win the lottery, it is going to happen? Really?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got the most chances.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the worst they can pick is 4th. Just the way it's set up.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have a really small chance at the #1 pick, no doubt about it. I'm pretty confident Silver will get them the #3 pick though :tinfoil3:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario, Randle ain't a bad baller either. Dude has potential to be an all-star, or at least get a double/double every night. Pair him with Jordan Hill and we have a good front court.

The problem I have with Randle is his height. He measured at 6'7" at the combine. That's small for a power forward.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time. Tony Parker, Rondo, Magic, etc....Chris Paul was on NO, he had nothing around him. That is a bad comparison. How is he doing now with pieces in place? Last time I checked, his team is doing better than the Lakers. I think they will win a Championship soon. The Lakers have been missing a good point guard since Fisher. You need a good point guard to win period. Your right they don't have to be a stud, but they have to be good. The champions do not have a dominate center any more. You need a sevicable center that can rebound and block shots. They don't have to score much it seems to win. I just prefer to have good to all-star caliber point gaurd on my team. It seems to have worked well for the Lakers in the past. Steve Nash came to Lakers already a done player. If he had been on the Lakers in his prime, he would have had championships.

Not sure what you're getting at. You're really just echoing my point. PG driven teams don't win titles. It's exactly why Paul in NO is NOT a bad example, it's a prime one. That team was built all around Paul and they went nowhere. They're nice to have, but they're always complements to talent elsewhere on the roster. You even said it yourself. Paul's team is doing better this year. Why? Because Griffin developed into an MVP candidate. Just another example of why I don't think you build a team with a PG as your foundation. That's why if LA gets the #1 overall pick (Tuesday can't get here soon enough!), I'm not taking a PG with guys like Embiid and Parker out there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you're getting at. You're really just echoing my point. PG driven teams don't win titles. It's exactly why Paul in NO is NOT a bad example, it's a prime one. That team was built all around Paul and they went nowhere. They're nice to have, but they're always complements to talent elsewhere on the roster. You even said it yourself. Paul's team is doing better this year. Why? Because Griffin developed into an MVP candidate. Just another example of why I don't think you build a team with a PG as your foundation. That's why if LA gets the #1 overall pick (Tuesday can't get here soon enough!), I'm not taking a PG with guys like Embiid and Parker out there.

This.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are dreaming, the Bucks are going to win this lottery. The've sucked forever and need it, don't piss on my parade.

1.) No Lakers fan is dreaming, this is a Lakers board & the title is called "Who Should Lakers Take No. 1 If They Get The First Pick?"

2.) It's a small possibility, but it's possible, didn't the Clippers end up 7th in 2008 & won the lottery & 1st pick to draft Blake Griffin ?

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, haven't you heard? The NBA is going to rig the lottery so the Lakers get the #1 pick. Your only hope is for the #2 pick or hope that the league rigs it so the Lakers get the #2 pick to make it less obvious. :tinfoil3:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take Parker if he is available. You miss my point. You can't win without a good point guard. That is the point I am making. A point guard is the engine of a team. You can have a below average Center (Ie Miami), but if your point guard is below average, you won't win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Parker if he is available. You miss my point. You can't win without a good point guard. That is the point I am making. A point guard is the engine of a team. You can have a below average Center (Ie Miami), but if your point guard is below average, you won't win.

Let's be honest, Derek Fisher, as a PG was average at best.

Chalmers is IMO below average.

It helps when you have top players like Shaq, Kobe, Wade and/or Lebron on your team

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It helps when you have top players like Shaq, Kobe, Wade and/or Lebron on your team

Yeah, history says that you don't need an elite PG.

I consider D-Fish above-average for the playoffs though. The Lakers would have a couple less rings if it weren't for him, not to mention the times he came up big for other teams. How many average players could have hit the clutch shots he hit as consistently as he did? Maybe I'm just being a Fisher homer but I definitely have a lot of respect for him.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either Parker, Embiid, or Wiggins, point blank. Exum looks good....but imo, it would be a colossal mistake to take him with a top 3 pick. He just has to small a small sample size of playing against american competition. I think it's fair to take him over Julius Randle, but not the other 3. It's really a tossup for me. I personally like Parker...but Wiggins has SO much potential and upside...and Embiid has the talent to be the next GREAT big man, but he has injury questions as well. I would be fine with either 3

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of the 4 teams left, only San Antonio utilizes a true point guard system. Lebron controls things in Miami. Chalmers is fine but not really relied upon for typical PG duties. Same with Hill in Indiana. Westbrook is more of a 2-guard than a PG. You can win with an average PG depending on the make-up of the rest of the team. I love D-Fish, but he was an average PG but fit well within the Lakers system/roster.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either Parker, Embiid, or Wiggins, point blank. Exum looks good....but imo, it would be a colossal mistake to take him with a top 3 pick. He just has to small a small sample size of playing against american competition. I think it's fair to take him over Julius Randle, but not the other 3. It's really a tossup for me. I personally like Parker...but Wiggins has SO much potential and upside...and Embiid has the talent to be the next GREAT big man, but he has injury questions as well. I would be fine with either 3

I agree. Still can't over Wiggins vertical. Looks to be about 50-inches more than mine!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an "overall point guard" I would agree that D-Fish was average at best (and I'm a huge D-Fish apologist), but he had a knack for coming up huge in important games, was a very intelligent player and a solid, calming presence in the locker room. Those things overshadowed his obvious shortcomings.