• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Should Lakers Take No. 1 If They Get The First Pick?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get either one. I don't want smart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, both have said that the want to be Lakers. That's big in my book. Personally, I'd probably go with Parker because he seems to be the most "NBA ready".

Exum wouldn't break my heart either, though. Especially since he has stated the he wants to be mentored by Kobe.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before in some threads here during the season, but I'd send out my best doctors to examine Embiid. If they give the ok, I'm taking Embiid all day. His ceiling is HOF worthy. I'm trusting my doctors and not passing that up If the docs aren't sure, I'm taking Parker. He's the safest pick, can score in the NBA right away, and is likely a lock to flirt with a few all star games in his career.

I wouldn't take a PG #1 though. That's just personal preference because I don't think you build a championship franchise with a PG as the centerpiece. Look back through the history of the league, most teams are built with either a dominant big man or a dynamic wing player (some times both). Magic is really the only PG that you could do it with and he's such a special case. Every other great PG needs another great player.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem building the future around a point guard. Most of the time you can't win without a stud point guard. Just think if the Lakers had gotten Chris Paul ?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have plenty of guards but if Embiid is gone, we may not have a choice and then I'd take Exum.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem building the future around a point guard. Most of the time you can't win without a stud point guard. Just think if the Lakers had gotten Chris Paul ?

Yes you can. Hell, the last few champions didn't even have all star caliber PGs (Miami, Dallas, and Lakers). That's what I'm talking about. The "its a PG league" thing is a myth. Look at the champions and you'll see that PG isn't their strong suit. It's dominated by bigs and wings. Now look at the teams built around PGs. Chris Paul's teams haven't even been to the Conference Finals. Nash's Suns never played for a title, etc etc. They're nice to have, but not vitally necessary. You really just need competent PG play.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time. Tony Parker, Rondo, Magic, etc....Chris Paul was on NO, he had nothing around him. That is a bad comparison. How is he doing now with pieces in place? Last time I checked, his team is doing better than the Lakers. I think they will win a Championship soon. The Lakers have been missing a good point guard since Fisher. You need a good point guard to win period. Your right they don't have to be a stud, but they have to be good. The champions do not have a dominate center any more. You need a sevicable center that can rebound and block shots. They don't have to score much it seems to win. I just prefer to have good to all-star caliber point gaurd on my team. It seems to have worked well for the Lakers in the past. Steve Nash came to Lakers already a done player. If he had been on the Lakers in his prime, he would have had championships.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time. Tony Parker, Rondo, Magic, etc....Chris Paul was on NO, he had nothing around him. That is a bad comparison. How is he doing now with pieces in place? Last time I checked, his team is doing better than the Lakers. I think they will win a Championship soon. The Lakers have been missing a good point guard since Fisher. You need a good point guard to win period. Your right they don't have to be a stud, but they have to be good. The champions do not have a dominate center any more. You need a sevicable center that can rebound and block shots. They don't have to score much it seems to win. I just prefer to have good to all-star caliber point gaurd on my team. It seems to have worked well for the Lakers in the past. Steve Nash came to Lakers already a done player. If he had been on the Lakers in his prime, he would have had championships.

Yeah, I tend to agree. The PG doesn't need to be All-Star caliber, but he has to be solid. With the right players in other positions, I think the Lakers could contend for titles with Farmar as the starting PG. I just worry about his health though.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I tend to agree. The PG doesn't need to be All-Star caliber, but he has to be solid. With the right players in other positions, I think the Lakers could contend for titles with Farmar as the starting PG. I just worry about his health though.

Farmer is good enough I think. I love to defend the point guard position. I am still sore from all the years of being the last one picked in pick up games (5'9"") LOL

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to be Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker if they get the #1 pick. Exum is intriguing, but #1 is too high for him. If Embiid's back checks out fine, I would lean towards him. Size still makes a difference in the NBA.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmer is good enough I think. I love to defend the point guard position. I am still sore from all the years of being the last one picked in pick up games (5'9"") LOL

Farmar is solid. I think he's starter-caliber on a contending team. He's really matured since his first stint with the Lakers.

I'm hoping for that Farmar/Swaggy P bench backcourt. They'll do damage.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmar is solid. I think he's starter-caliber on a contending team. He's really matured since his first stint with the Lakers.

I'm hoping for that Farmar/Swaggy P bench backcourt. They'll do damage.

I could live with that. See how it goes. It is a shame that a Laker fan has to look to the draft. I hope this does not continue. I feel like a long time Clipper fan. They are use to this. LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with that. See how it goes. It is a shame that a Laker fan has to look to the draft. I hope this does not continue. I feel like a long time Clipper fan. They are use to this. LOL

As much as we'd all love to see it, it's simply impossible to contend every single season. Fortunately for us Lakers fans, these type of seasons don't come along very often and they tend to get back in contention more quickly than other teams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep this is my second go-around in krappy seasons. I watched the horror back in 1973-1976. Wasn't pretty then either.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the vertical on Wiggins :omg:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to be Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker if they get the #1 pick. Exum is intriguing, but #1 is too high for him. If Embiid's back checks out fine, I would lean towards him. Size still makes a difference in the NBA.

The problem is these big men as of late get too many injuries, I would be worried about him already having back issues. The league has become small & fast.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is these big men as of late get too many injuries, I would be worried about him already having back issues. The league has become small & fast.

I think that's being a bit general. Size still has an impact on the game. The teams that are still in have some size. Small fast guys get injured too (D Rose).

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario, Randle ain't a bad baller either. Dude has potential to be an all-star, or at least get a double/double every night. Pair him with Jordan Hill and we have a good front court.