• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the most under-the-radar team?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin. If they don't finish 10-2 regular season with that remaining schedule, they should give up football.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FCS teams don't get their rankings from a popularity poll or a beauty contest. They actually have a play off system similar to the NFL and have to earn their rankings on the field. EWU has been very good for awhile and the media should know that by now. :think:

Regardless of where they rank, a top FCS team should not be beating a top 25 FBS team...ever. There is a reason it almost never happens. The media should, and in most cases probably doesn't know, that EWU also lost to Toledo and Sam Houston St. this season, so count yourself lucky for media ignorance there.

All that being said, I see Oregon St. as a quality team deserving of being ranked, but I am struggling to justify that based on the loss to EWU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of where they rank, a top FCS team should not be beating a top 25 FBS team...ever. There is a reason it almost never happens. The media should, and in most cases probably doesn't know, that EWU also lost to Toledo and Sam Houston St. this season, so count yourself lucky for media ignorance there.

All that being said, I see Oregon St. as a quality team deserving of being ranked, but I am struggling to justify that based on the loss to EWU.

Oregon St will be lucky to finish the season 7-5. They have Cal next week, and then the real schedule begins. They might get to the tail end of the top25 after next week, but it will be the only week they spend in the top25 for the rest of the year, because they play Stanford the week after that. Then they have a tough game vs USC, before finishing out the season with 3 more losses against ASU, Washington and Oregon.

So they finish 7-5 with one of the worst losses of the year.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
I'm surprised everyone's trying so hard to ignore OR St this season. Dropped preseason from 13th to 25th, all media predicting the Beavs finish last in the PAC 12, and they start slow every year. They lose their opener to the #2 FCS EWU (not 1 of the FCS bottom feeders) and are gone so far off the radar that beating 2 FBS non-AQs and beating 2 IC foes to be 4-1, 2-0 can't even get them back as a blip on any radar. Heaven forbid they actually get ranked at all again.

If they keep winning, I'm sure you'll see them again. When VT lost to JMU (fuck those assholes) it took us like 7 or 8 weeks to creep back into the rankings. But we did win 11 straight after that loss.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin. If they don't finish 10-2 regular season with that remaining schedule, they should give up football.

So, which game do you have us losing?

I kid.

But not really. And I agree that we should win out. I won't cry over one more loss, but more than one and this team seriously underachieved this year.

I agree with UCLA being under-the-radar. The other team is UCF, whose only loss is a nailbiter to South Carolina. I think they have a >30% chance of beating Louisville this Friday, and all of a sudden they are looking like a 12-1 BCS team.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hold off on anointing Texas Tech just a little bit.

They are 6-0 which is great no doubt.....
But it is the ultimate pillow soft marshmallow 6-0 in all of football.

They have 2 wins over FCS teams at home.
They have 2 wins over Iowa State (1-4) and TCU (3-3) at home.
The other 2 wins are against Kansas (2-3) and SMU (1-4) on the road.
The best win is against a (3-3) last place team at home.

The schedule gets a lot tougher for them.
@ WVU, @Texas, @Oklahoma, OSU, KSU, Baylor

They will have their chances to show if its a real start or a phony start.

I am not hating.
I will gladly praise them if they keep it up, but I am somewhat reserved.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hold off on anointing Texas Tech just a little bit.

They are 6-0 which is great no doubt.....
But it is the ultimate pillow soft marshmallow 6-0 in all of football.

They have 2 wins over FCS teams at home.
They have 2 wins over Iowa State (1-4) and TCU (3-3) at home.
The other 2 wins are against Kansas (2-3) and SMU (1-4) on the road.
The best win is against a (3-3) last place team at home.

The schedule gets a lot tougher for them.
@ WVU, @Texas, @Oklahoma, OSU, KSU, Baylor

They will have their chances to show if its a real start or a phony start.

I am not hating.
I will gladly praise them if they keep it up, but I am somewhat reserved.

do you ever read your inbox??????

just curious....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mizzou still under-the-radar? if not, I will say Houston.

UofH's schedule has been awful so far:

Beat 3-3 Southern 62-13
Barely beat 0-6 Temple 22-13
Beat 4-2 Rice 31-26
Beat 2-5 UTSA 59-28
Beat 1-4 Memphis 25-15

Not sure what to think about the Cougars....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 weeks in and its still the Beavers.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't lose to an FCS team and expect it to be forgiven very quickly.
If the Beavers were an SEC school, the media would've hyped the heck out of a top FCS EWU team and the loss would've been forgiven AND totally forgotten (never to be brought up again) as well as not dropping from the top 25. The season is half over, OR St is 5-1, 4-0 and should be ranked going into the hardest part of their schedule. They'll be thrown out just as soon as they lose again anyway. Let it work it's self out like the 2 or more loss, ranked teams get to do.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon St will be lucky to finish the season 7-5. They have Cal next week, and then the real schedule begins. They might get to the tail end of the top25 after next week, but it will be the only week they spend in the top25 for the rest of the year, because they play Stanford the week after that. Then they have a tough game vs USC, before finishing out the season with 3 more losses against ASU, Washington and Oregon.

So they finish 7-5 with one of the worst losses of the year.

Would ANYONE actually entertain the idea of "buying into" a cheat sheet from this "snakeoil salesman" right now?

Beavs ARE bowl eligible NOW with 5 games remaining. Kick the 1 "L" out and what do you have? A solidly improving body of work in a conference division that may well be the toughest in the Nation. Best QB/WR tandem in the country and 2 home games coming up.

Thanks for your "predict" 420, but I aint buying your nonesense. Specially coming from an SEC honk talking about PAC football.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, OR St is 6-1, 4-0 not 5-1, 4-0. Stanford plays @OR St next weekend and last season, the Beavers were beating them in their house for 54 minutes, only losing by 4 pts. I think the Beavs beat them for 60 min this time.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This undefeated team just became ranked this week, and only in the AP Poll. They haven't beaten anybody amazing, but they have averaged 46.6 ppg and 22.4 allowed ppg. I say Mizzou.

Not true anymore

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Beavers were an SEC school, the media would've hyped the heck out of a top FCS EWU team and the loss would've been forgiven AND totally forgotten (never to be brought up again) as well as not dropping from the top 25. The season is half over, OR St is 5-1, 4-0 and should be ranked going into the hardest part of their schedule. They'll be thrown out just as soon as they lose again anyway. Let it work it's self out like the 2 or more loss, ranked teams get to do.

blah blah blah.

you realize that georgia lost to missouri and fell 8 spots, the same # of spots that stanford fell when they lost to unranked utah, right?

if the media is so biased for the SEC, why are teams like Missouri and Auburn ranked so far below their computer averages?

as for oregon state, they lost to a team way, way way outside of the top 25 and have beaten no teams in (or even particularly close) to the top 25. georgia has beaten 2 ranked teams. georgia has done more to deserve a ranking than oregon state.

NativeWebfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah.

you realize that georgia lost to missouri and fell 8 spots, the same # of spots that stanford fell when they lost to unranked utah, right?

if the media is so biased for the SEC, why are teams like Missouri and Auburn ranked so far below their computer averages?

as for oregon state, they lost to a team way, way way outside of the top 25 and have beaten no teams in (or even particularly close) to the top 25. georgia has beaten 2 ranked teams. georgia has done more to deserve a ranking than oregon state.
It's easy for the SEC to play and beat "ranked" oppononts when they're all ranked preseason to artificially make the SEC look like they're ALL great. If the MWC got the same media treatment and the SEC wasn't ranked or favored, all the MWC teams would be playing "ranked" in conf teams, making them look great while the SEC teams being unranked would look like the crappy conf only playing other unranked in conf opponents. As far as OR St's opener loss, EWU finished #3 in the FCS last year through a true play-off system similar to NFL. They were NOT voted there like the SEC teams are. OR St just didn't prepare for a team that probably would beat FBS lower and mid tier teams. Anyone that just dismisses EWU as just an FCS team as if ALL FCS teams are equally bad and equally easy to beat is as ignorant as a person can possibly be. That's like saying ALL FBS teams are equal :lame:.