• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are you looking forward to seeing break out this season?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason is too long. So which guys do you look most forward to seein come into their own this year?

I am going defense today and two names jump out most to me.

First, I am very excited to see the new and improved James Gayle. He has f gotten bigger and added some run defense to his already top end pass rush ability. He reminds me of Chris Ellis and he is only a sophomore!

The second guy I think is going to blow up is Antone Exum. He has gotten bigger and supposedly knows the defense much better. This kid is going to be one to remember. The coaches have talked about how much they thought of this kid since he walked on campus and I feel like this will be the year.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Cris Hill to break out in his senior season. He has all the tools he just needs to put it all together. Kyle Fuller is another one to break out; especially if Cris Hill doesn't emerge. I'll probably end up putting every Hokie on the roster in the post, so I'll stop here.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Painter and Acree put it together

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively, (outside of the obvious choice of LT) I'm hoping Marcus Davis can develop into solid WR. He has the tools, hopefully he can put them all together and become a big WR threat. May need him to develop this year so he can step up in 2012 when Boykin, Coale, and Roberts leave.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Defense: Gayle, Edwards, D. Hopkins, Exum, Collins.

Offense: LT (because he hasn't really played much), M. Davis, Miller, Drager, Wilson (1st time as a starter)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gouveia winslow needs to have a breakout season. also maybe chase williams or tariq edwards.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gouveia winslow needs to have a breakout season. also maybe chase williams or tariq edwards.

Exactly who I was thinking. It's our playmaker position and he struggled so much last year.

I just want the entire defense to step up and have NO missed tackles.

As far as our offense, I expect David Wilson to have a great year with being the man in the backfield, but I hope Logan will have a solid year. Not asking him to be great, but limit the turnovers and make the throws on 3rd and 6-8 to sustain drives. Be efficient in the redzone and not try to do too much.

On a personal note, I'd love for Andrew Miller to have a solid year. He's a good kid and country strong. With 4 seniors beside him on the OL, he'll be asked to be the leader and hopefully makes the right calls/adjustments.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know there are high expectations surrounding him, but I'm really excited to see David Wilson as the feature back. Every time I read an article about him, I'm impressed. No reason not to like this kid, unless you have to chase him down.

I think Exum is going to be really interesting to watch. From what I remember he got picked on at times last season, hung in there and survived. Now I have a feeling he will come into his own.

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Exum is going to be really interesting to watch. From what I remember he got picked on at times last season, hung in there and survived. Now I have a feeling he will come into his own.

I heard Exum has put on 10-20 pounds of muscle and is looking intimidating and hitting harder than ever. I also expect him to really turn things on.

Have to go with Marcus Davis. I think his spring game performance was a taste for whats to come. I see him and LT3 becoming an amazing combo.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard Exum has put on 10-20 pounds of muscle and is looking intimidating and hitting harder than ever. I also expect him to really turn things on.

Have to go with Marcus Davis. I think his spring game performance was a taste for whats to come. I see him and LT3 becoming an amazing combo.

I bet opposing Defensive Coordinators will be pulling out their hair trying to defend against Tech pass plays that might include Davis, Boykins, Coale, Drager and Wilson on the field at the same time.

Tech is going to stretch the field this year with a lot more success...we will see more than one long pass completed against our first four opponents before we get into the ACC schedule.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little FYI, but RVD passed his summer classes and will be enrolling here in a day or two. All on board and accounted for sirs!!!!

Any chance he plays this year? We really need safety depth..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With NOrman being injured, he has a shot. However, it will be an uphill battle as he enrolled so late and Aromire was an early enrollee and already looking good. I imagine that he will be redshirted...

Depth Chart projection:

FS:
Whitley
Exum
Norman

Rov:
Exum
Aromire
Cole

If an injury happened to Whitley, I would assume they would move Exum over and move Aromire in at Rover. Hopper may get some time over there as well after Springs plays out, if they feel comfortable at running back.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the starters can stay healthy. That would be a big blow if one of them got hurt. And hopefully we can get some blowouts in the first few games to get guys like Aromire and Cole some much needed game experience.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a little FYI, but RVD passed his summer classes and will be enrolling here in a day or two. All on board and accounted for sirs!!!!

Great news!

I'm probably late to the party, but how about Lockhart? Were there any last-minute issues with him?