• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are you drafting?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if texans get Bortles, browns get Manziel, are you going to go after Bridgewater? If texans get Manziel and browns get Bridgewater are you going to go for Bortles? Peyton Manning is almost done with your division and given the make-up of it without him its a defensive division, Clowney is your best choice. He will be able to get to any of the starters on the other teams. I know its a qb league but your problem is really defense. Any good to great offense has shown they can torch you. Nick Foles? Manning? Luck? You're trying to combat your problems by being like other offenses when you really lack the depth on it. You have no elite wide receiver, no elite tightend, and no great runningback. Ntm no good OC. I do not see a wasted qb pick working out for you or any of the three QBs benefitting from the team you have?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees, one of those 3.. Teddy B is who I think the Raiders really want, heck might even trade up for him!!
There is no player in the game of football that can make an IMPACT to a team like a QB can.. You should know that?? Look what Brees did for the team you root for.. Put them on the map..
The Raiders have a little bit of coin to spend in FA, lets see how they shape that D up..
My dark horse pick is Carr.. So 4 QBs.. Oh take Brees off that team you are picking TOP 5, and every mock draft would have you picking QB..

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if texans get Bortles, browns get Manziel, are you going to go after Bridgewater? If texans get Manziel and browns get Bridgewater are you going to go for Bortles? Peyton Manning is almost done with your division and given the make-up of it without him its a defensive division, Clowney is your best choice. He will be able to get to any of the starters on the other teams. I know its a qb league but your problem is really defense. Any good to great offense has shown they can torch you. Nick Foles? Manning? Luck? You're trying to combat your problems by being like other offenses when you really lack the depth on it. You have no elite wide receiver, no elite tightend, and no great runningback. Ntm no good OC. I do not see a wasted qb pick working out for you or any of the three QBs benefitting from the team you have?

Nice post, I agree. It's part of the reason why I felt like Terrelle Pryor should have remained on the bench last year instead of starting and eventually getting injured.

I don't know how much I like the idea of Clowney though, a trouble maker would be bad for Oakland, a team that's trying to rise up out of the abyss. If he can't deal with losing then it might not be a great idea.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best available D at Raiders pick IMHO. Raiders need help at D-line and corners. Dennis Allen is a D coach, he needs to shape the D philosophy with the young draftees.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best available D at Raiders pick IMHO. Raiders need help at D-line and corners. Dennis Allen is a D coach, he needs to shape the D philosophy with the young draftees.

I tend to agree, but with the FA deadline passed and Veldheer and Houston not resigned, I have to believe we will be looking at best big man available, Clowney probably goes early, so we may take Matthews, maybe Mack? It puzzles me that we didn't make any transactions at all, no franchise or transition tag, no signings of our important FAs, I sure hope there is something going on behind the scenes or this begins to resemble the frustrating inactivity of ADs senior most years, :gaah: .

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees, one of those 3.. Teddy B is who I think the Raiders really want, heck might even trade up for him!!
There is no player in the game of football that can make an IMPACT to a team like a QB can.. You should know that?? Look what Brees did for the team you root for.. Put them on the map..
The Raiders have a little bit of coin to spend in FA, lets see how they shape that D up..
My dark horse pick is Carr.. So 4 QBs.. Oh take Brees off that team you are picking TOP 5, and every mock draft would have you picking QB..

The saints were a .500 team before Brees showed up. The year of Katrina they lost a lot of close games. They actually had an okay defense then and had a good oline. Brees put them in elite status. The raiders are a whole other situation with blowouts against Denver, Philadelphia, Kansas City. And not much of a sample size was shown last year as raiders defenive perfromances were against pourous offenses and the chargers.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you get Schaub thats going to be interesting.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees, the Raiders loaded up on D this year.. On paper dude our D LOOKS light years better than last year, and we are still adding to it.. Again it looks good on paper but that goes for 31 other teams as well NEVER know what kind of team we will all have till the bullets start flying..
Soooo brees, we have sighed some really good VET players maybe we should reward them with a GOOD QB.. Ya know like the Saints did for there team.. Worst to First happens all the time, is it our turn?? Stay tuned to The Silver and Black..
Oh I would give Schaub a shot..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees, the Raiders loaded up on D this year.. On paper dude our D LOOKS light years better than last year, and we are still adding to it.. Again it looks good on paper but that goes for 31 other teams as well NEVER know what kind of team we will all have till the bullets start flying..
Soooo brees, we have sighed some really good VET players maybe we should reward them with a GOOD QB.. Ya know like the Saints did for there team.. Worst to First happens all the time, is it our turn?? Stay tuned to The Silver and Black..
Oh I would give Schaub a shot..

Report says OAK meeting with Bortles. I hope they run him through the wringer. No stones unturned.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news RaiderZar!! I REALLY like Bortles the more I see his tape!!Look at his tape and tell me who does he remind you of?? Im with you dude in that we NEED to break these guys down, and leave no stone unturned!! Mark Davis WANTS a QB bro..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If im Mark Davis, and I NEED to sell my product to the RaiderNation, as well as to the City of Oakland for a NEW Stadium, and NEED a face to this FRANCHISE.. I would do water ever a TAKES to get Johnny Football.. Reason is the dude is BIGTIME HUGE NAME!! And he can Ball with the best of them!!
The hype would be unreal with that guy on our team!! Johnny Football in Oakland is CRAZY man..
Teddy B or JF would be my target!! TB\JF TP2 AND VET QB is how I would roll into 2014!!
We need OL or some D player.. But what the Raiders really need is hype hope and a face to this team!!
And that's QB bro.. It just makes sense to me.. I could be WRONG and we go OL in which I would still be happy CUZ Im always crying for OL..

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running out of speculation time. Any last, best guesses? RM, are you in here? :laugh3:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a shot at it.. Teddy Bridgewater.. Sammy Watkins.. Evans.. Matthews.. Lewan.. Robinson.. Mack.. Trade Down.. Dark Horse pick.. Johnny Football.. Who do you guys think we pick??

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a shot at it.. Teddy Bridgewater.. Sammy Watkins.. Evans.. Matthews.. Lewan.. Robinson.. Mack.. Trade Down.. Dark Horse pick.. Johnny Football.. Who do you guys think we pick??

Honest truth. I had a dream last night we got Watkins. :drool:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, Sammy Watkins in Silver and Black!! Picture him with what we got already.. I would be so happy if we pick him.. Sammy Watkins= Tim Brown.. This draft is so GOOD that anybody we pick in the first round could be a great player, heck even 2 round.. Whens its all said and done Texans, Jags, Browns all need QB!! So Watkins could fall to 5?? And if that happens Reggie's PHONE WOULD BLOW UP..

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, Sammy Watkins in Silver and Black!! Picture him with what we got already.. I would be so happy if we pick him.. Sammy Watkins= Tim Brown.. This draft is so GOOD that anybody we pick in the first round could be a great player, heck even 2 round.. Whens its all said and done Texans, Jags, Browns all need QB!! So Watkins could fall to 5?? And if that happens Reggie's PHONE WOULD BLOW UP..

If Watkins dropped to 5 & we get calls, I say take the trade & extra pick. It's not like we're 1 or 2 pieces away from the SB. Playoffs? Maybe, but the goal is SB. Not a 1st round exit as the WC team.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, if Watkins is there at 5?? It would be really hard for me to trade down.. Franchise WR, Game changer!! I would though, but it would COST the team that trades up with me ALOT to get him..
It would take their 1st 2nd and 3rd if you want Watkins, and a pick next year.. But that also depends on how low we go in a trade down, I might want more!!
The Texans want a RG3 type trade for Clowney, and Watkins has that same talent but loves the game..
One more day and we will all know..

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, if Watkins is there at 5?? It would be really hard for me to trade down.. Franchise WR, Game changer!! I would though, but it would COST the team that trades up with me ALOT to get him..
It would take their 1st 2nd and 3rd if you want Watkins, and a pick next year.. But that also depends on how low we go in a trade down, I might want more!!
The Texans want a RG3 type trade for Clowney, and Watkins has that same talent but loves the game..
One more day and we will all know..[/QUOTE]

Tick, tock. Tick, tock... :nod:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade down?? I would be ok with another trade down after that.. End up around 16 17ish after 2 trade downs and get a guy Flaraider likes in CJ Mosley or his teammate HA HA Dix, or Calvin Pryor, or the best QB or OL, WR left on the board.. Then go into the 2nd and 3rd round armed to the teeth with 2s and 3s ready to do damage!! But im good at 5 and getting the best player as well.. If Reggie plays it right?? We could be set up real good for the future..

Last edited by a moderator: