• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White/Hunter on Waivers. Prelude to Buyouts.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Budget being why pay a suck ass like white 3 million when a kid can do it for $500,000 or whatever Fraser urbom tarmonia gets. Same with hunter. Finding cheaper better players I'm all for that! Last player I want to see go is zubrus I wish he was already sent packing.

Funny I said to a buddy of mine what if Zubrus got dumped for like a Rolston type of deal, he said it would be one of the greatest offseasons ever. I have to agree with him.

Dump salaries, figure out what the gameplan is because 12-13 and 13-14 are the years I'm aiming for. Kovy still in his prime, Elias with just enough left in the tank to be effective, Tedenby and JJ step up to take Elias' and whoever's spot in the top 6, Zajac and Parise hopefully will be on the team and in their prime. Plus our D prospects maturing. Personally I am fired up not worried about this season.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree dude we get larrson and Parise only for a year but o well. and most important we dump the salaries of white rolston...amazing....just waiting for zubrus and this team will have no dead salary

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny I said to a buddy of mine what if Zubrus got dumped for like a Rolston type of deal, he said it would be one of the greatest offseasons ever. I have to agree with him.

Dump salaries, figure out what the gameplan is because 12-13 and 13-14 are the years I'm aiming for. Kovy still in his prime, Elias with just enough left in the tank to be effective, Tedenby and JJ step up to take Elias' and whoever's spot in the top 6, Zajac and Parise hopefully will be on the team and in their prime. Plus our D prospects maturing. Personally I am fired up not worried about this season.

Giving up on a season is a horrible idea. Losing breeds losing. Also, if you want to shovel Zach right out the door, I can't think of a faster way than not trying to make significant strides towards a long playoff run.

Also, I understand that Merril, Urbom, Larsson, Gelinas are really, really highly touted defensemen, and Larsson is obviously the best prospect we've had in a decade.

However, don't forget how excited we were about Corrente, Eckford, etc, etc. You can't just assume these guys will pan out. Look at Fayne, he was easily tied with Tallinder for best defenseman in the second half. He came out of nowhere.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not giving up on the season. But I don't think we could hang with Washington or Pitt or even Tampa. And yes that's with white on this team and yes I'm still glad he's off it. Gotta see how the players take to the new coach. Tendeby and Jacob can't have a sophomore slump either sincr thry will be getting a lot of ice time. I'm going in having timid expectations. This team is a playoff...once in the playoffs anything can happen

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out west white is going to get eaten alive. Fact is on Any nhl team he is a low 4 or 5th d man. Sorry but u can't be paying $3 million a year for that. Give me a sucky kid over watching that overpaid bum any day

One eyed White over two eyed Fraser any day of the week.White will excell out west no different than he did here.I do agree with you on zubrus however

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So how much will the Devils have coming off the books at the end of the season?

How much did they just raise the debt ceiling by? Somewhere in that ballpark.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like we missed the playoffs

oh wait :'(