• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Players would you take/pass on with the #4 Pick?

Which player would you be willing to take with the #4 Pick. Select more than 1.

• Total voters

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We seem a little spread thin in terms of definitive top 4 talents in the other thread, so vote here.

Select ALL the players you would be ok with using the 4TH PICK on. By not voting for a specific player, you're essentially saying we should trade down to take them or not take them at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My Votes were for :

Hopkins, Larsson, Couturier --> All for obvious previously mentioned reasons.

Murphy and Hamilton are obvious reasons since we have inadequate offensive defensemen. Siemens I like, but he's kind of a hold over when I assumed we'd be picking closer to 8th than 4th.

Most likely a Siemens pick would follow a trade down.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm comfortable with any of the big 4, other than that trade down.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think there is a top 5 lock, w the exception of English Larsson and landeskog, to me the next few spots are a crap shoot between couturier, Hamilton, huberdeau and murphy

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RNH is going 1st overall. So obviously if available at 4 you take him. After that it's a crapshoot. Colorado has the 2nd & 11th picks. They can go in any direction they want. I have a feeling Florida will go Landeskog, Larsson or Couturier.

My picks were RNH, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Larsson & Murphy. Couturier's skating concerns me.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RNH is going 1st overall. So obviously if available at 4 you take him. After that it's a crapshoot. Colorado has the 2nd & 11th picks. They can go in any direction they want. I have a feeling Florida will go Landeskog, Larsson or Couturier.

My picks were RNH, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Larsson & Murphy. Couturier's skating concerns me.

I'm sensing a little bit of bias in your selections :P

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sensing a little bit of bias in your selections :P

Actually no. Believe what you want, but I'm being impartial. I will be a bit disappointed if the Islanders take Couturier. He's older than the rest other than Landeskog. Which means they're easier to project for scouts. I'm sure his skating will improve. I'm just a bit concerned that's all.

I'd like the Islanders to end up with Huberdeau or Larsson. I doubt they get either one.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Huberdeau a lot bolts he has size skill and he is proving himself as a performer

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Huberdeau a lot bolts he has size skill and he is proving himself as a performer

Unlike Strome I guess. A player to watch right now is Sven Baertchi from the Portland Winterhawks. He seems to be climbing draft boards with his playoff performance.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strome nose dived lol, my only worry about huberdeau is speed but hey, we can't all be Marty st. Louis can we

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THN says some scouts think Huberdeau has more offensive potential than Couturier.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i keep hearing how gelinas has really blossomed this year into a puck moving d with a nasty attitude, sound like anyone we don't like :hockeysmile:

also for me, between larsson and couturier its easy. but couturier and huberdeau? i'm tempted, its a very hard choice

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i keep hearing how gelinas has really blossomed this year into a puck moving d with a nasty attitude, sound like anyone we don't like :hockeysmile:

also for me, between larsson and couturier its easy. but couturier and huberdeau? i'm tempted, its a very hard choice

I'll trust our scouting department. Personally, I really think they have turned a corner after their couple of year skid. JJ and Tedenby are obviously going to be legit, and even signing college FAs like Fayne is up to them, so you have to give them Kudos on that. Considering the development we're seeing from last years draft:

Merrill - Voted best defensemen at WJC for Team USA.

Both the JR goalies are playing great. I don't remember which it was, Clermont or Wedgewood that wasn't even ranked before they picked him.

Add in Gelinas, Urbom, henrique, we're starting to look a lot more promising.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even guys that haven't panned out to much like Bergfors were converted into Kovalchuk, so you can't fault them on that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THN says some scouts think Huberdeau has more offensive potential than Couturier.

with both playing in the chl and Huberdeau out performing Couturier its possible some of the scouts are changing gears.I do know Lou lams attended a seadogs game not long ago its possible he was personally checking out Huberdeau also possible he was there to watch gelinas.