• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Game to Watch Tonight?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the hardest time with college football. Half the season is just a warm up for the top-20 teams when they are playing D-III schools. There is very little change at the top. We know almost every single year Alabama, Ohio State, and a few others are all going to be top notch. Then you throw in the actual watchability of the games. Most college football games seem to be over by the 3rd quarter even when top ranked teams play. There are those handful of very good games in a year but not compared to the NFL where every week most of the games stay very competitive throughout.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the hardest time with college football. Half the season is just a warm up for the top-20 teams when they are playing D-III schools. There is very little change at the top. We know almost every single year Alabama, Ohio State, and a few others are all going to be top notch. Then you throw in the actual watchability of the games. Most college football games seem to be over by the 3rd quarter even when top ranked teams play. There are those handful of very good games in a year but not compared to the NFL where every week most of the games stay very competitive throughout.
I ended up putting on Stanford/Michigan. I fell asleep early.
I'll try the Stanford game today......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for incredible games this year...Broncos/Chiefs, Rams/Seahawks (1st game), Bengals/Seahawks, if you like lots of offense you have the Giants/Saints game, Panthers/Colts crazy weather game, Patriots/Giants, Cardinals/Bengals, and a few others. Just depends what you like to watch of the knock down drag out fights by the defenses or the high scoring last team with the ball wins type games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up putting on Stanford/Michigan. I fell asleep early.
I'll try the Stanford game today......

Stanford is one of the few teams I can stand to watch. McCaffrey's father of course played for the Broncos during their best years in the late 90's so really enjoy watching him play. Honestly every time I watch him I keep thinking "he is a perfect match with BB and what he loves out of his RB's."

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it weird when people love the NFL but don't watch CFB or vice versa. Can't comprehend it at all. But to each their own.

Simple. The talent pool at the college level simply isn't there for many people's taste, and with out a direct connection to a team by having gone there, or a family member playing, etc. there's nothing to grab onto. Myself included.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB playoffs down 36% in viewership from last year. :eek:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have game rewind. I can watch any game this season. What would be the best game to watch?
Please don't say Philly beating NE.
What was the very best game of the year?
If you are a fan of seeing Aaron Rodgers get pummeled and having that cocky smile wiped off his face Just watch the Green Bay AZ game. Hours of entertainment.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. The talent pool at the college level simply isn't there for many people's taste, and with out a direct connection to a team by having gone there, or a family member playing, etc. there's nothing to grab onto. Myself included.
I honestly don't notice a huge talent disparity other than QB play. The rest of the talent is pretty evenly matched on the field so it doesn't ever strike me when I watch a college gane. QB play is truly the only place I ever recognize the disparity. I've grown up watching both though so maybe that plays a part

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have game rewind. I can watch any game this season. What would be the best game to watch?

Seattle @ Cincinnati was a great one

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I loved the days of Bird, Magic, and the rest.
I have re-kindled a little but I am a fair-weather fan at best when it comes to basketball.....

That is exactly the time period I stopped at as well.

Maybe ghetto was a tad harsh but inner city for sure.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't notice a huge talent disparity other than QB play. The rest of the talent is pretty evenly matched on the field so it doesn't ever strike me when I watch a college gane. QB play is truly the only place I ever recognize the disparity. I've grown up watching both though so maybe that plays a part

I remember watching some bowl game way back when, 1985 or so? Whoever Keith Jackson (Eagles/Packers) played for, Oklahoma?, was in the game and I watched him run about like a man playing with boys.

The disparity it great, has to be or every guy who made a college team could make the NFL.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, Broncos vs Pats then.....That way you can watch king Brady get showed up by a virtual rookie qb on the other side....Is that better ?? :D
Happy-New-Year-2016-Sms.jpg

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching some bowl game way back when, 1985 or so? Whoever Keith Jackson (Eagles/Packers) played for, Oklahoma?, was in the game and I watched him run about like a man playing with boys.

The disparity it great, has to be or every guy who made a college team could make the NFL.
Right. I wasn't talking about college to NFL. I waa saying that since the college kids are playing other college kids I don't notice the disparity excerpt for QB because they have the ball every play

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I wasn't talking about college to NFL. I waa saying that since the college kids are playing other college kids I don't notice the disparity excerpt for QB because they have the ball every play

Then you didn't watch the college playoffs last season. Men among boys.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And my point was the Keith Jackson stood out like a sore thumb when he played in that bowl game. A man amongst boys.

Not all college players are created equally.... And not just the QBs.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB playoffs down 36% in viewership from last year. :eek:

I have never been able to get into college football, or the CFL.....When we had the Stallions here in B'more , I watched them but it was still not that interesting....Although we won the Grey Cup in 95 and I did love those uniforms, but it all just seems below average for me....I'm an NFL'er to the core, give me 1st class or get to steppin'....:2cents:

Happy-New-Year-2016-Sms.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers win versus Detroit when Aaron Rodgers threw that 70 yd Hail Mary pass.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been able to get into college football, or the CFL.....When we had the Stallions here in B'more , I watched them but it was still not that interesting....Although we won the Grey Cup in 95 and I did love those uniforms, but it all just seems below average for me....I'm an NFL'er to the core, give me 1st class or get to steppin'....:2cents:

View attachment 72272

Funny you should mention that Grey Cup.

I was at the previous Grey Cup that BC won over Baltimore.

I was a CFL berater even then and was a regular on a Vancouver based sports talk show, always deriding the CFL.

So the host gave me 2 tickets (took my best friend) and we were at the 94 Grey Cup, Lui Passaglia kicked the winning field goal right at me. Ostensibly we were there to give our critical review on the Monday radio show.

But all we really did was eat free pizza, drink free beer and sort of comment on the game the next day.

When I watch CFL (which is very rare) all the pre-snap motion makes me nauseous....