• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Should I Be Valuing Spencer Ware in a dynasty league

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey All,

Looking for some advice on Ware this year. I'm in a deep dynasty league with a fairly good RB depth. (10 man PPR 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX)

My RB depth is:
L. McCoy
D. Murray
L. Miller
S. Ware
M. Lynch
D. Booker
P. Perkins
C. Simms (who I'm trying to trade to to the TB owner)
C. West

I need to free up a little bit of roster space for our rookie draft (I have the 3rd overall pick and will be probably be taking a RB) and figure this is the best time to capitalize on Ware. I think he'll have another top 20 season however he's my 4th RB (at best) and if I can move him now I think it may be the best move.

I'm trying to possibly get a mid first round pick (5-7) or use him to upgrade a WR maybe (I have Hopkins, Robinson, M. Thomas, Baldwin, Parker and a few others).

My TE situation isn't "great" so maybe I can try to use Ware to upgrade that position?? I feel like TE is so weird, it's hard to tell who actually has value. Jimmy Graham is my main TE.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Ware fan, still for this season only, which means I wouldn't trade FOR him unless I really just needed a 1year rental in dynasty. Redraft, I still think he'll hold solid RB2 value this year. He knows the offense, the QB/pass pro system, and staff/team, so he'll have the "starter's" designation as long as he's healthy and not shitting himself.

Way too hard to say what his long term value is right now until we see Hunt at pro level.
Most fantasy owners probably shy away from offering what you'd expect to be fair value for a RB2 in dynasty, due to his situation, imo.

There is no way I'd trade a 1st round pick in this year's rookie draft for Spencer Ware, unless you know a chiefs fan that has a hard on for this guy, I think that sentiment would be agreed upon unanimously.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a few other pieces that you may get some value for. .... Booker to CJ owner, West to Dixon owner, Ware to Hunt owner. Doubtful any get you a 1st but maybe a 2nd or third. .... actually a good amount of talent in this yrs crop so even a 2nd could get you a diamond in the rough.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to trade Booker to the CJ Anderson owner because he's a Broncos fan but he has Charles too. I'm unsure what that dynamic is gonna be. I'm not an Anderson fan so I kinda see him getting the short end

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See who bites on a Ware/Parker, Ware/Baldwin package for a WR upgrade.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See who bites on a Ware/Parker, Ware/Baldwin package for a WR upgrade.

I'm trying to do something similar in attempts to get Mike Evans. The Evans owner owns Martin and wants Simms, pair him with one of my WRs (I was thinking Robinson, but I'll throw out Parker and Baldwin in there too)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to do something similar in attempts to get Mike Evans. The Evans owner owns Martin and wants Simms, pair him with one of my WRs (I was thinking Robinson, but I'll throw out Parker and Baldwin in there too)

If you can score Mike Evans for Simms and any combination of Arob, Baldwin and Parker... including the combination that includes all 3 of them, you should be arrested for robbery

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to trade Booker to the CJ Anderson owner because he's a Broncos fan but he has Charles too. I'm unsure what that dynamic is gonna be. I'm not an Anderson fan so I kinda see him getting the short end
u still try that. i feel booker is the cuff, charles may not even make it through camp, let alone on the team

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can score Mike Evans for Simms and any combination of Arob, Baldwin and Parker... including the combination that includes all 3 of them, you should be arrested for robbery
please start small and try parker, then work up, if you can do it, you do it

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the demeanor of your trade partner, if you start with a ridiculous offer like a backup RB who very might be replaced by a rookie, and an underachiever like Parker for one of the top 5 overall players in dynasty.. you run the risk of not getting a decent deal done at all. By the time you offer something decent the other dude is convinced your only trying to bend him over by then

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u still try that. i feel booker is the cuff, charles may not even make it through camp, let alone on the team
Is Charles really that little of a threat?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on the demeanor of your trade partner, if you start with a ridiculous offer like a backup RB who very might be replaced by a rookie, and an underachiever like Parker for one of the top 5 overall players in dynasty.. you run the risk of not getting a decent deal done at all. By the time you offer something decent the other dude is convinced your only trying to bend him over by then

I actually started with Ware and then was going to move over to a WR. I'll start with Parker before going to Robinson, might have to throw in a sweetener but nothing major

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ol SP is big believer in CJ..plus he's pretty certain Charles' knees are through.
The reality is that if Charles' knees are healthy, ready to go, he not only makes the team but leads the backfield, easily. If they aren't, they cut him, simple as that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends who u talk to. SOme still believe, I think hes done, his knees havent let him play in over a year, and hes still not full speed....

Im of the opinion hes done, and they took a flyer to see if he by chance is ok, i could see him not making the rosters.......and some beat writers say the same

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually started with Ware and then was going to move over to a WR. I'll start with Parker before going to Robinson, might have to throw in a sweetener but nothing major
i meant start with ware/parker, then move up to the other wr's, your not gonna get a great wr with just ware

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Ware fan at all...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this being a 10 team league is making this tough... in 10 team leagues you really need the studs... and to go all out to get them... give up depth!!!

actually, your WRs look better than your RBs do... and you have the number 3 pick... I wouldn't trade up in the draft... as you are guaranteed one of Fournette, Davis, Mixon, McCaffery... I like all 4 a lot... so staying pat there is the way to go...

your WRs are Hopkins, Robinson, Thomas- all 3 of those are drafted in the first 3 rounds... so I would not worry too much about that...

Behind McCoy, I think you need improvement and to get younger at RB... With Derrick Henry in Tennessee, who knows if Murray will remain a number one, even this season... and lamar miller, even though he is used a lot, seems to be the type of player a team continually looks to improve on... so be very careful...

i would look to trade some of your RBs for draft picks... If you can Keep West, and pull off getting Hunt, you would be set...

and i have no problem with Graham as my #1 TE... You just need to find a decent #2...

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this being a 10 team league is making this tough... in 10 team leagues you really need the studs... and to go all out to get them... give up depth!!!

actually, your WRs look better than your RBs do... and you have the number 3 pick... I wouldn't trade up in the draft... as you are guaranteed one of Fournette, Davis, Mixon, McCaffery... I like all 4 a lot... so staying pat there is the way to go...

your WRs are Hopkins, Robinson, Thomas- all 3 of those are drafted in the first 3 rounds... so I would not worry too much about that...

Behind McCoy, I think you need improvement and to get younger at RB... With Derrick Henry in Tennessee, who knows if Murray will remain a number one, even this season... and lamar miller, even though he is used a lot, seems to be the type of player a team continually looks to improve on... so be very careful...

i would look to trade some of your RBs for draft picks... If you can Keep West, and pull off getting Hunt, you would be set...

and i have no problem with Graham as my #1 TE... You just need to find a decent #2...

Thanks for the advice!

I'm out of the running to trade up to number 1 because the owner traded the 1st pick, Alshon Jeffery and J Brown and got the number 4 pick and Julio Jones. PErsonally I felt like he got a steal with Jones but others feel the trade was much more even.

My WRs are real young, like you said, so in the 1st round I'm going RB for sure. (esp since the number 2 owner may be drafting a WR). The older guys worry me a little bit but I feel like its so hard to really "hit" on young guys. I have Perkins and Booker who were rookies who did something last year but who knows! they both can be out by next season (i don't think they will but they may be....)

You think I should look into trading Miller ?? Don't know what I should be expecting in return for him, I feel like he has a high price tag and not a ton of suiters

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this is not exact science you can get a feel for his value by going to the site below. That said, it all depends on the 'value' an individual owner puts on a player - but it will give you an idea. ...

DynastyFF Tools