• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been posted, I think the Lakers are concentrating on luring PG away from OKC and putting LeBron on the back burner as reports start to ramp-up about a Houston-LeBron probability. Looks like also the Leonard trade is most likely a dead issue.

Umm....

Are you getting this from your Laker "pundits" who don't know what the hell they are talking about?

Because literally everything I have read and heard says the exact opposite. That LeBron does not want to live in Houston and that the Lakers are the clear favorites to get him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't get my news from fellow Laker fans, tlance. I just read an article from yahoo sports that indicated that PG is on the front burner and LeBron is pending.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic says no pressure to rebuild the Lakers and he'll quit if they don't sign some stars.....LOL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers will pry PG away from OKC and they will sign Randle to an extension unless LeBron emphatically decides on the Lakers which it again appears he is leaning away from to date.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't get my news from fellow Laker fans, tlance. I just read an article from yahoo sports that indicated that PG is on the front burner and LeBron is pending.

Most stovetops have two front burners. Just sayin...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James is staying in Cleveland for another year and we'll do this again next summer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As LeBron James remains hesitant to be the first superstar to decide on the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency, pressure is mounting for the Lakers front office to execute a trade with the San Antonio Spurs to acquire disgruntled All-NBA forward Kawhi Leonard, league sources told ESPN.

There’s a race to secure Leonard before James is faced with deciding whether to become a free agent on Friday, especially with concern that Oklahoma City’s Paul George is no longer assured of signing with the Lakers,league sources said

While the Lakers came away feeling like San Antonio “shut the door on us” and the conversation never progressed or included a formal trade offer, the Spurs haven’t ruled out sending Leonard to any destination, in the Eastern or Western Conference, league sources said.

–via ESPN

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Not sure where you are getting that LeBron is on the back burner. If anything, latest info makes it seem more like LeBron is a done deal. I will believe that when I see it, but still.

I am interjecting content of other articles I have read and the article I posted has a "hint" of it. I am like you, though. I 'll believe the reality when it occurs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As LeBron James remains hesitant to be the first superstar to decide on the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency, pressure is mounting for the Lakers front office to execute a trade with the San Antonio Spurs to acquire disgruntled All-NBA forward Kawhi Leonard, league sources told ESPN.

There’s a race to secure Leonard before James is faced with deciding whether to become a free agent on Friday, especially with concern that Oklahoma City’s Paul George is no longer assured of signing with the Lakers,league sources said

While the Lakers came away feeling like San Antonio “shut the door on us” and the conversation never progressed or included a formal trade offer, the Spurs haven’t ruled out sending Leonard to any destination, in the Eastern or Western Conference, league sources said.

–via ESPN

I don't know if this is true Mecca and I am not quite sold on the notion the Lakers are under any pressure to sign Leonard. Popovich and the SA GM have made it clear their preference is to trade Leonard to the Easern Conference. There is plenty of evidence that the Lakers are last on their wish list and the Lakers can always wait until FA next year as SA have also stated that they are going to make every effort to keep Leonard this year. This doesn't preclude the Lakers to jumping all over LeBron either. I think they are going to start with PG and then play their hands very wisely forward as LBJ has allowed stories to exist that he is staying with Cleveland.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

–via ESPN

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.