• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks but Wiggy was right when we were on Fan Nation, we've been losing longer than I thought we would.

#TimevindicatesWackWiggity

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1000

ill pretty much guarantee if LeBron goes to LA that Ball will be shortly shipped out for a veteran that can shoot.

If James comes to LA, trade you Ball for Hill and that Nets pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Ball finished developing as a player?

I can see what you are implying, but alot of people thought Harden/Paul couldn’t coexist.
of course not--- and i think Ball is a solid player--- but his shooting is awful and in order to be the player that he should be he needs the ball in his hands.

Thats the guys strength--- court vision, setting up teammates, etc.....the only problem is- if he has the ball in his hands- which he NEEDS- then LeBron is playing off the ball- and you andi both know that LeBron is not playing off the ball- and if he was- it would be a basketball sin of epic proportions to take the ball out of LeBrons hands considering his court vision, passing and ability to break down a defense is only rivaled by Magic Johnson in the games history.

dude you have seen it--- 4 shooters around lebron- let him create- thats the formula- and thats how lebron wants it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillan's wife is horrendous looking....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James comes to LA, trade you Ball for Hill and that Nets pick.
hypothetically---- trade Ball for McCollum---- trade Ingram for Gasol....not that itwould work since you cant have 5 max players -but---

PG- McCollum
SG- George
SF- LeBron
PF- Kuzma
C- M. Gasol

All right- i could see that team playing iwth the Warriors no doubt

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Ball finished developing as a player?

I can see what you are implying, but alot of people thought Harden/Paul couldn’t coexist.

I think Ball well develop into a good NBAer. But if I was a Lakers fan I'd be worried about his more than lousy .451 FT%. That's pathetic for a PG. And if he can't greatly improve on that he'll be a liability on the court during close games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm his agent, I'm telling him, "you should just shut up now". lol
Exactly....lol

I don't think LeBron and George are gonna be the only guys the Lakers target.

But, along with Kawhi, they will be top of the list.

If KCP isn't being reasonable, Avery Bradley would be a good replacement.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ball well develop into a good NBAer. But if I was a Lakers fan I'd be worried about his more than lousy .451 FT%. That's pathetic for a PG. And if he can't greatly improve on that he'll be a liability on the court during close games.
I think Rondo is his floor.

Rondo shoots a career 63%.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hypothetically---- trade Ball for McCollum---- trade Ingram for Gasol....not that itwould work since you cant have 5 max players -but---

PG- McCollum
SG- George
SF- LeBron
PF- Kuzma
C- M. Gasol

All right- i could see that team playing iwth the Warriors no doubt

Holy fuck balls....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....lol

I don't think LeBron and George are gonna be the only guys the Lakers target.

But, along with Kawhi, they will be top of the list.

If KCP isn't being reasonable, Avery Bradley would be a good replacement.

I love Bradley, he'd give us toughness and defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see a ton of teams that have better young talent then the Lakers

The LAkers dont have their Ben Simmons or Giannis yet--- they prob. dont even have their Jokic or Booker or Wiggins.

For you to say they will win 50 games is nothing but pure rampant speculation.

Would you take Ingram and Ball and Kuzma over Jokic, Murray and Harris + lotto pick? of course not

would you take Ingram Ball and Kuzma over Booker, Jackson and high lotto pick (ayton, doncic or bagley) -- of course not

would you take Ingram and Ball and Kuzma over Mitchell and Gobert? of course not

would you take Ingram, Ball and Kuzma over Towns, Butler and Wiggins? of course not

and you can debate this one- but id take DSJ and say Jackson or BAmba over ingram and ball.

there are a ton of teams in the West that have some really good young players and if you are being objective i cant see how you would take the Lakers young guys over quite a few other teams young guys.

Individually, no. They aren't as good as those players aside from maybe Phoenix and and Dallas.

But, 2 things. You conveniently left off Randle who they will surely keep if they don't bring in 2 stars, and the sum of the parts is a lot greater than the whole because of Lonzo Ball. That is something I can't say about any of those teams you listed except Utah.

And I said 45-50. There is a range there that again you conveniently left off to better your argument. I will bet that at least 2-3 teams you listed ahead of LA are rebuilding by 2021. Things change and all. Especially at the bottom of the playoff bracket.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that injury, he might be willing to sign a 2-3 year deal worth 36-54 million. Basically, 18 mill per year and still sign another deal when this one's over and he's proven he's back.
There is no way Boogie does that.

You gotta remember he's still smarting over missing out on that 200 mil Super Max.

Coming off injury, he's gonna want long-term security.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Boogie does that.

You gotta remember he's still smarting over missing out on that 200 mil Super Max.

Coming off injury, he's gonna want long-term security.

It's a serious injury, he may not get the offers he's wanting and I don't see him sitting out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu i respect the kid for being a good guy and dealing with all his dads bullshit--- hes a great passer- works hard--- works the boards

but holy shit in todays NBA you cant have a guard that shoots like this.

He shot 36% from the field, 30.5% from 3 and 45% from the free throw line.

I am not exaggerating when I say that is one of the worst shooting seasons for someone with that many attempts in the history of the NBA. Its so far beyond the realm of "bad" its really even hard to fathom.

Ricky Rubio caught a ton of shit for his shooting when he came into the league. His rookie year he shot 36% form the field, 34% from 3, and 80% from the free throw line- and THAT was just so bad its not even funny.

I honestly cannot remember a player ever coming into the league that shot worse than Ball has....thats a problem and would allow his man to double off him all the time onto LeBron which is exactly what you dont want.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individually, no. They aren't as good as those players aside from maybe Phoenix and and Dallas.

But, 2 things. You conveniently left off Randle who they will surely keep if they don't bring in 2 stars, and the sum of the parts is a lot greater than the whole because of Lonzo Ball. That is something I can't say about any of those teams you listed except Utah.

And I said 45-50. There is a range there that again you conveniently left off to better your argument. I will bet that at least 2-3 teams you listed ahead of LA are rebuilding by 2021. Things change and all. Especially at the bottom of the playoff bracket.

Yeah, in Walton's offense.....the guys we have play really well together. We only won 35 games but Ball and Ingram missed quite a few games. We could have won 40-42 if they were healthy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

Probably

:L

:L
Agree with everything, sans Denver.

Jokic is the best young player in any of those groups by a decent margin.

So, he tips the scale a bit for me.

I have no idea what to make of the Suns and who knows who they will end up with in the draft.

So, I'd take the Lakers over them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rondo was also awesome at getting to the basket--- Rondo is another guy who is a terrible outside shooter- but he made his career off of his great ability to finish at the basket......he shot 41.8% his rookie year from the field, 20.7% from 3, and 64.7% from the line.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,866.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stated that earlier this season. His celing is Kidd if he can develop an outside shot and continue to improve.