• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Blue Jays play 2020

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could play at the Meadowlands and be the Jersey Jays for one season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having trouble understanding why Toronto is OK as the eastern hub for the NHL, but not OK for MLB?

Cause Canada is racist obviously.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

:lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm::lm:

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh this is why it fell apart

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Pennsylvania Department of Health announced Wednesday that they will not allow the Blue Jays to play their home games at PNC Park in Pittsburgh this season.
Pennsylvania secretary of health Dr. Rachel Levine said in a statement that "To add travelers to this region for any reason, including for professional sports events, risks residents, visitors and members of both teams." The Blue Jays, of course, have also been denied permission to play in Toronto, so their top two choices have been blocked just ahead of Opening Day. ESPN's Jeff Passan hears that the Jays are looking into playing their home games at Camden Yards in Baltimore. There's also the possibility, per ESPN's Buster Olney, that they will travel to the city of each scheduled opponent and play as the home team.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ken Rosenthal and Dan Connolly of The Athletic, the Blue Jays are now discussing using Camden Yards for most of their home games.
The plan has been approved by the Orioles, and Major League Baseball would certainly welcome it, but the Blue Jays still need the go-ahead from the Maryland governor's office. They thought they had a plan in place to stage games at Pittsburgh's PNC Park, but the Pennsylvania state government denied the proposal in the end. Buffalo remains the likely fallback if the Camden Yards idea is not approved.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ken Rosenthal and Dan Connolly of The Athletic, the Blue Jays are now discussing using Camden Yards for most of their home games.
The plan has been approved by the Orioles, and Major League Baseball would certainly welcome it, but the Blue Jays still need the go-ahead from the Maryland governor's office. They thought they had a plan in place to stage games at Pittsburgh's PNC Park, but the Pennsylvania state government denied the proposal in the end. Buffalo remains the likely fallback if the Camden Yards idea is not approved.

ESPN reports: “It’s a go if the Blue Jays are willing to take on the Chris Davis contract”

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAH, a Zombie team playing Zombie ball in a post-apocalyptic America.

Dead 2 Me

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that Buffalo is not ready for MLB caliber baseball. Bad lighting and not a great clubhouse situation.

What a shitshow
Buffalo appears to be a done deal.

Sahlem Field is arguably the best minor league park in all baseball. However, it is not up to major league standards. You do what you have to do.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tatanka Blue Jays.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo appears to be a done deal.

Sahlem Field is arguably the best minor league park in all baseball. However, it is not up to major league standards. You do what you have to do.

From what I've read, it was built in the hopes of attracting an expansion team, so I was surprised to read about the lighting issues.

Considering the relative proximity to Toronto, it really is the best spot.

But man, that team has been jerked around like nobody's business.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, it was built in the hopes of attracting an expansion team, so I was surprised to read about the lighting issues.

Considering the relative proximity to Toronto, it really is the best spot.

But man, that team has been jerked around like nobody's business.

Here's an article with a few more details:

It's official: Blue Jays to play home games in Buffalo this season

The stadium itself was patterned after the one in Kansas City, sans the top deck. Presumably if they ever got a major league team they would have upgraded the lighting when they expanded the stadium.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an article with a few more details:

It's official: Blue Jays to play home games in Buffalo this season

The stadium itself was patterned after the one in Kansas City, sans the top deck. Presumably if they ever got a major league team they would have upgraded the lighting when they expanded the stadium.

Interesting. I'm glad they found a home. For selfish reasons I'll never wish them well, but it is an exciting team with so much incredible young talent.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Connolly of The Athletic reports that the Blue Jays will play their home games this season in Buffalo.
The report has been confirmed by various other outlets. The Jays looked into playing in Pittsburgh and Baltimore after they were denied permission to play in Toronto, but ultimately they will have to settle for their Triple-A stadium. Connolly's colleague, Ken Rosenthal, says the Blue Jays are working on lighting issues at Sahlen Field and hope it's ready for their second home series of the season versus the Phillies. Their July 29-30 home series against the Nationals will be played at Nationals Park.