• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats the deal with Jurickson Profar

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in Texas the last few years all I have heard about from the talking heads here is Profar this and Profar that. Only to have him kept down in the minor leagues.. They finally call him up and he looks decent so far.. But they are about to send him back down to the minors again.. If dude is so good whats with keeping him down.

Maybe someone more astute in baseball knowledge could help me out here..

I am just a lowly redsox fan and yes as im sure most will point out.. there in lies my problem..

Preacher.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in Texas the last few years all I have heard about from the talking heads here is Profar this and Profar that. Only to have him kept down in the minor leagues.. They finally call him up and he looks decent so far.. But they are about to send him back down to the minors again.. If dude is so good whats with keeping him down.

Sending him down again? :wtf2:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe someone more astute in baseball knowledge could help me out here..

I am just a lowly redsox fan and yes as im sure most will point out.. there in lies my problem..

Preacher.

With Kinsler coming back, where is Profar going to play? He is great, but Ian and Elvis aren't going anywhere. Beltre has 3b locked down. 1B is a question but Mitch looks to be putting it together. So where do you put Profar? He's too good to just let play once a week. So they send him back down to let him get lots of playing time and keep developing.

Plus, the fewer days he is in the bigs the less likely he is to become a Super-2.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kinsler coming back, where is Profar going to play? He is great, but Ian and Elvis aren't going anywhere. Beltre has 3b locked down. 1B is a question but Mitch looks to be putting it together. So where do you put Profar? He's too good to just let play once a week. So they send him back down to let him get lots of playing time and keep developing.

Plus, the fewer days he is in the bigs the less likely he is to become a Super-2.

thanks Ford, im still not sure on all the rules about call ups and shipping back down .. i know there is a limited amount that can happen.. i believe.. but from what i have seen the dude can play.. i know hes a top prospect.. trade him for pitching that the rangers really could use... at least that would be my thought..

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Ford, im still not sure on all the rules about call ups and shipping back down .. i know there is a limited amount that can happen.. i believe.. but from what i have seen the dude can play.. i know hes a top prospect.. trade him for pitching that the rangers really could use... at least that would be my thought..

I'd rather keep Profar and see what young pitching we already have. Grimm and Tepesch have been serviceable, and Yu looks like a true Ace. If Holland stays at #2 level then we have a decent pitching rotation. Remember we have Feliz and Lewis and Harrison on the DL. Martin Perez is our other super young guy, though looked rusty out there yesterday.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh forgot about all the pitchers on the DL Lewis and Feliz are serviceable.. didnt agree with JD on keeping Perez up though.. i guess there are worse problems to have .. at least Jerry Jones isnt running the show..

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Profar will stay for at least another couple of weeks as Kinsler has had a setback

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah sucks about the ian setback......good thing we had a good start

man with all the injuries we have had we could be back where the mariners are....WHEW !!!

hurry back ian we need you (5-5 the last 10 games)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best prospect in the game.... but he's not near the caliber of Trout or Harper.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best prospect in the game.... but he's not near the caliber of Trout or Harper.

He hasn't received as much playing time yet to compare to those guys. you wouldn't see the offensive numbers, but what makes him add value is that he is an elite defensive SS at his age. Which really makes him more valuable for other teams than the Rangers. One of the Reasons he is ranked so highly as a prospect is because he is such a good defensive SS.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't received as much playing time yet to compare to those guys. you wouldn't see the offensive numbers, but what makes him add value is that he is an elite defensive SS at his age. Which really makes him more valuable for other teams than the Rangers. One of the Reasons he is ranked so highly as a prospect is because he is such a good defensive SS.

Maybe so, but its expected that he's going to lose some range as he continues to fill out, as it is now he doesn't have the range of Elvis Andrus and doesn't project to keep what range he has going forward

That's why a lot of scouts had a possible move to 3B in his future (couple to few years down the road)

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe so, but its expected that he's going to lose some range as he continues to fill out, as it is now he doesn't have the range of Elvis Andrus and doesn't project to keep what range he has going forward

That's why a lot of scouts had a possible move to 3B in his future (couple to few years down the road)

That's a good point. Maybe it is his still unfamiliarity playing 2b but thought there were one or two hits through the 1b-2b gap today that we see Kinsler (or Garcia) getting to.