• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Deon Sanders?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why does the media refer to him as Coach "Prime"?? Do I have to refer to him as Coach Prime? Should Saban start going by Coach "Kickass"? What about Coach "More Wins than You"?

Deion's nickname during his playing days was Prime Time.

When has Saban ever been referred to as Coach Kickass?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. TCU's coach took an unnecessary shot at Deion. Nebraska's coach did the same thing. And so did CSU's coach.

They all went outta their way to criticize him.

There's nothing outta place at all. Just some people have issues with Deion for being himself.

I believe those people are called Haters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been following the Buffs since I got to CO. in 2010. Only one winning season. What Deion's been able to do with a program that won just one game last season really is incredible.

The way I look at it if CU can get bowl eligible it would be a very successful season. But these opposing coaches should keep their mouths shut. Why give an opponent any bulletin board material? Just doesn't make sense.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I think there is something else going on. The NCAA is trying to distrac us from something. I don't know if it's confrenece realignmentg or the tranfer portal but this seems too manufactured. I feel like I'm watching a Disney movie.
It's to accelerate the Culture War

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following the Buffs since I got to CO. in 2010. Only one winning season. What Deion's been able to do with a program that won just one game last season really is incredible.

The way I look at it if CU can get bowl eligible it would be a very successful season. But these opposing coaches should keep their mouths shut. Why give an opponent any bulletin board material? Just doesn't make sense.

Better than watching the Browns :yo:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tim McCarver was a hater?

Gotcha.

I am sure every single broadcaster in MLB would agree with you. They should strip him of the numerous broadcasting awards he received in his career.

McCarver was not and never was a hater.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. TCU's coach took an unnecessary shot at Deion. Nebraska's coach did the same thing. And so did CSU's coach.

They all went outta their way to criticize him.

There's nothing outta place at all. Just some people have issues with Deion for being himself.
Some people....more like most people.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposing coaches giving Deion motivational tools…

They’re gonna learn not to do this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tim McCarver was a hater?

Gotcha.

I am sure every single broadcaster in MLB would agree with you. They should strip him of the numerous broadcasting awards he received in his career.

Mccarver was wrong to criticize Deion for the football stuff. At the time all that was going on football was the only sport Deion was obligated contractually to play full time.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccarver was wrong to criticize Deion for the football stuff. At the time all that was going on football was the only sport Deion was obligated contractually to play full time.
Disagree

His baseball team was in the middle of a playoff series. McCarver is a baseball analyst and broadcaster so of course he is going to be pro-baseball.

That being said in the real world, if you disagree with someone, you don't go dump ice water all over them in the middle of an interview. It was pathetic and childish.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a dick, though. Not saying he deserved Deion pouring water on him, but I'm not sure how to finish that sentence. He probably deserved water on his head for hundreds of other things, so let's call it even.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree

His baseball team was in the middle of a playoff series. McCarver is a baseball analyst and broadcaster so of course he is going to be pro-baseball.

That being said in the real world, if you disagree with someone, you don't go dump ice water all over them in the middle of an interview. It was pathetic and childish.
I’m not condoning that, but mccarver should not have criticized Deion so much for doing what his contracts said.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not condoning that, but mccarver should not have criticized Deion so much for doing what his contracts said.
He made an off the cuff comment. I believe it was 5 seconds and was 3 sentences total...lol

This is nothing compared to what ESPN or any other sports broadcasters do currently when speaking on athletes.

So I guess deion is above any type of criticism? Never seen anything like this.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made an off the cuff comment. I believe it was 5 seconds and was 3 sentences total...lol

This is nothing compared to what ESPN or any other sports broadcasters do currently when speaking on athletes.

So I guess deion is above any type of criticism? Never seen anything like this.
Nah, Deion deserves criticism. Dumping four ice buckets on an old man wearing a suit was pretty childish.

Tim was entitled to his opinion but he was coming across as an old "back in MY day" and "get off my lawn" crank. Tim played in an era when baseball players didn't make much, travel was very different, and there were no such things as two-sport stars. Deion also had a contract with the Falcons; should he have dishonored that one?

There was no disloyalty, IMO, on Deion's part for wanting to play in both a football and baseball game on the same day. I'm not even sure if his absence would have impacted the Braves that much, he was a platoon outfielder on a loaded Braves team. I would say his presence on the football team was more critical, despite the Braves being in a playoff series. He was much more impactful in football games than baseball ones.