• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's in the Cards? Series Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutch =the flu, same reason off yesterday I guess.

Nice to see our young bats coming on strong. IF Tabata/Pressley/Walker and Pedro establish themselves this year it will be huge, especially Alvarez.

The not so killer B's at the plate have to come around dont they? If 2 had to suck I would have picked them, big waste of money if they dont start to hit in the next month though.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alvarez's surge is astounding me. Figure weve got about a full months worth of at bats and the first 30 were wretched. In spite of that his ops is over .900 now. Hes also second in the nl and fifth in the majors in homeruns. Hot streak or small sample or whatever you want to call it, the fact of the matter is that he has performed. I dont care if he takes the first 30 at bats of every month and punts them, as long as the rest are good enough to lead to this.

Im happy that tabata is coming around and glad that i didnt crap on him too hard. I dont think much of tabatas ceiling but it didnt seem likely that hed be as bad as he was either. We still need either he or presley to make a strong argument to be the third outfielder once marte is promoted.

Speaking of outfielders - why is cutch having a hard time?

Finally walker. Not hitting for power and that is a concern but his obp is still fairly good and i think that he continues to be valuable. He shouldnt be (and never shouldve) in the top half of the order but theres no reason we couldnt slot him in at 6 or 7. If we have a lineup good enough to push walker to 7 then ill be feeling okay. It has to be real though - not like the current makeup where presley is batting at the top of the order but only opsing 650.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jolly_roger.gif

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..... talk about missing bats..... 17 strikeouts. Been a long time since Pirate pitchers struck out that many opposing players.

And it's great to see Alvarez hit another HR.

Best of all..... the Bucs avoided getting swept.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3-4 roadtrip against 2 very good teams that were playing well.
will take that anytime.
they also could have mailed it in after 2 blowouts and a day getaway game. then they spotted st l 2 in the first. but we fought and played hard and kept on adding to the lead in the 6,7,8,9 innings. when do we ever do that.
alvarez will excite people.
cutch, i just dont think he is that bright and will ever make real cerebral adjustments in the field or at the plate to maximize his amazing God given athletic abilities. what a shame, and hope i am wrong.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting reading the wave of emotions in this thread.