• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's in the Cards? Series Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Pedro's still hitting.

.861 OPS on the year now.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darkstone, I gotta say, I was very encouraged by the Pirates play heading into this series. You might say, I was begining to drink the Kool - Aid again.

I was wondering, how discouraged are you? And, how discouraged should we as a collective fan base be with last night's 4 error debacle & then, getting pounded by the Cards again tonight in St. Louis.

I gotta say, even with Pedro's Great play continuing, which I am very happy about.

I feel smacked around a bit now.

Reality Check?

Burgh

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the cards have smart/good hitters in their whole order. it was a wash out series that we purge a lot of mistakes as we have played pretty good baseball for a whole month.

lets get a win today and we come out of a 7 day road trip against 2 top teams with a 3-4 record. i will take that for any road trip against this kind of caliber opponent.

i think the wear and tear of the gauntlet we faced the first month wore us down a bit.
also, the 2 worst games were by pitchers that started the year on DL. their first games were probably on adrenaline, but now we are seeing they are a bit behind the curve yet. the pen and bedard, mcdonald, and correia have done exceedingly well.

consistent bats and batting order would help a lot. if we can really get a 3-4-5-6 cutch-pedro-mcgehee-walker groove, that would really energize the rest of the lineup and the bench would fit in well and not have so much pressure. then jones/presly/tabata could rotate in the 2 corner OF spots and barmes and barajas/mckenry can be role players instead of having to be prodicers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darkstone, I gotta say, I was very encouraged by the Pirates play heading into this series. You might say, I was begining to drink the Kool - Aid again.

I was wondering, how discouraged are you? And, how discouraged should we as a collective fan base be with last night's 4 error debacle & then, getting pounded by the Cards again tonight in St. Louis.

I gotta say, even with Pedro's Great play continuing, which I am very happy about.

I feel smacked around a bit now.

Reality Check?

Burgh

A series I'll take with a grain of salt. My optimism is tough to shake.

But seriously, it's just two games out of 162. It's ugly, yeah, but I won't worry until this becomes a regular thing.

the cards have smart/good hitters in their whole order. it was a wash out series that we purge a lot of mistakes as we have played pretty good baseball for a whole month.

lets get a win today and we come out of a 7 day road trip against 2 top teams with a 3-4 record. i will take that for any road trip against this kind of caliber opponent.

i think the wear and tear of the gauntlet we faced the first month wore us down a bit.
also, the 2 worst games were by pitchers that started the year on DL. their first games were probably on adrenaline, but now we are seeing they are a bit behind the curve yet. the pen and bedard, mcdonald, and correia have done exceedingly well.

consistent bats and batting order would help a lot. if we can really get a 3-4-5-6 cutch-pedro-mcgehee-walker groove, that would really energize the rest of the lineup and the bench would fit in well and not have so much pressure. then jones/presly/tabata could rotate in the 2 corner OF spots and barmes and barajas/mckenry can be role players instead of having to be prodicers.

I had the same sense about the pitchers. Just not all there yet.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bedard - 10 out of first 13 outs via KKKKKKKKKK!
he must have been watching our fielding the last week.
feels he has to do it himself.
i wish we didnt give up runs every first inning.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
alright, while i was writing that, he struck out number 11 out of 14 outs.
i got to get bacl to mlb quick before he K's anohter.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok, bedard got a fly out on out 15. so through 5 he has 11 k's. but also at 104 pitches. maybe he goes one more inning, it it is quick(major assumption with the way our staff has pitched the last 5 days or so).

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it's official. i have my mancrush on pedro again.
jacked number 7. 2nd in the NL, 5th in the mlb.
hitting 400 in last 10 games.
westbrook is good, we faced lots of good pitchers.
ok, he does have 7 HRs, but he is now tied with cutch for runs scored and he bats 6th/7th most of year.
maybe on the home stand he gets the BIG BOY promo to cleanup and becomes THE MAN!
it is a boring afternoon after a great morning at work as you all can tell..............

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good call by hurdle, bedard with the lead, leaves after 5 with 11 k's and 104 pitches.
let's see what hughes and the usually on pen, especially with a win in the balance, can do.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they just put pedros jack on the mlb video. beautiful. just left of center. he is locked and loaded. looks so relaxed in his prepitch prep. body still leaning toward first a bit more than i like, but nice when he takes it left of center on a pitch down the middle. his swing is so easy, little effort. wish i could see the explosion in person.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree about tabata. he will hit a couple out in the next 10 games. so close a couple times lately.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big insurance run, right there. Nice work by Presley just getting it in play with two strikes

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
great steal, and definitely doing what he(presley) needed to do. the little things can make the game so much easier.