• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would it take

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading Bleacher Report. Article was each teams best trade chip. Included on the list were Yandle and Read. I thought Yandle would be a Flyer, specifically he or Enstrom replacing Kimmo. What would it take to get Yandle. Start with Read (UFA next year). They would want a dman back and doubt Meszaros would be that piece. I would think maybe some interest in Gustaffson. Would also need a top prospect. Other than Laughton, I am not so sure we have a top prospect. I would love Yandle but I don't think we have the right pieces to do it. Thoughts?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Yandle is in the 'no couturier or schenn, no deal' group for teams trading with the flyers

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Yandle is in the 'no couturier or schenn, no deal' group for teams trading with the flyers

That's the problem, I think it would probably take someone like Sean Couturier & Braden Schenn to land a player like Keith Yandle. Is it worth it? IDK. Depends on how Flyer fans feel about Kimmo Timonen & Mark Streit carrying the blue line until Robert Hagg comes in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, we have a ton of depth at forward and I have not seen enough out of Brayden Schenn yet to warrant keeping him with his bloated, bonus-laden contract if such an opportunity as this were to arrise.

I would gladly ship them B. Schenn, Gustafsson, Meszaros and a 1st round pick to seal the deal for Yandle.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I would keep Timonen with Schenn, but give them second pairing minutes and insert Yandle to the top pairing with Streit, who can still log a lot of minutes (23:20 per last season). That drops Coburn to the final pairing with Grossmann, although I think even Coburn would be able to dominate while partnered with Yandle if necessary. That'd be one of the deepest defenses in the league seeing as Timonen and Schenn were strong for us last season even throughout a bad year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yandle is elite. Timonen and Streit are still capable of being top pairing guys despite their age. Then Schenn, Coburn and Grossmann are all second pairing guys. There's no flaw if everyone stays healthy. Even so, I think you can lean on two pairings heavily for a short while and rotate Coburn into the top four if one of them gets hurt.

Basically, my point is that the addition of one elite defenseman immediately makes our team great.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, we have a ton of depth at forward and I have not seen enough out of Brayden Schenn yet to warrant keeping him with his bloated, bonus-laden contract if such an opportunity as this were to arrise.

I would gladly ship them B. Schenn, Gustafsson, Meszaros and a 1st round pick to seal the deal for Yandle.

perhaps i haven't seen enough of yandle, but that seems like a very steep price for him.. i would like to give schenn one more season to see how he does, or at least the first half of this season.. i really like the way the flyers team as a whole is shaping up right now

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I would keep Timonen with Schenn, but give them second pairing minutes and insert Yandle to the top pairing with Streit, who can still log a lot of minutes (23:20 per last season). That drops Coburn to the final pairing with Grossmann, although I think even Coburn would be able to dominate while partnered with Yandle if necessary. That'd be one of the deepest defenses in the league seeing as Timonen and Schenn were strong for us last season even throughout a bad year.

if this were to happen, i think there's 0 chance timonen gets moved off the top pair.. again, maybe i havent seen enough of yandle, but i think schenn/timonen is still your top pair after a yandle acquisition.. coburn/yandle would be my 2nd pair

streit CAN play 20+ minutes, but i don't necessarily want to see him 20+ minutes.. he's not very good defensively.. he's capable, but not a top 4 defender in that aspect, IMO

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mav we always say on here that we get rid of our young guys to fast and they wind up winning cups somewhere else. Schenn Gust and a number 1 are three pretty good young guys to give up on. Also that is way to much to give up for yandle.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't we just trade for Mike Green because that's basically what we're gonna get after giving up 3 pieces that could be in our long term plan (B Schenn, Gusty & our future 1st). Yandle is very one dimensional, yes he's a great skater and a top notch play maker but is maybe a step up from Green on the defensive end.

If I'm Homer I'm not making any deal involving B Schenn or Cooter unless it brings me Pietrangelo (sp?), Weber or Shattenkirk. Yep just those 3 for right now. I would just go into the season with what we have and see where we are at the trade deadline and address any needs we have then but don't go trading away our top young guys to bring in anything but a complete, top pairing D-man.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps i haven't seen enough of yandle, but that seems like a very steep price for him.. i would like to give schenn one more season to see how he does, or at least the first half of this season.. i really like the way the flyers team as a whole is shaping up right now

Agreed. My concern is next year when the Flyers will again be searching for a puck-moving d-man, this time to replace the retired Timonen. I think that's the reason to CONSIDER getting Yandle now, if he's available.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav we always say on here that we get rid of our young guys to fast and they wind up winning cups somewhere else. Schenn Gust and a number 1 are three pretty good young guys to give up on. Also that is way to much to give up for yandle.

This is true, but we have too many young guys. It's time for a few of them to grow up. It's almost as if they need to move on to another team before they will get good. Wtf is up with that?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but we have too many young guys. It's time for a few of them to grow up. It's almost as if they need to move on to another team before they will get good. Wtf is up with that?

Now that we got Cleary i dont know who goes and who stays at this point. :noidea:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have a ton of young talented forwards. If all it takes to land Keith Yandle is Braden Schenn I would do it in a heartbeat. Otherwise it will be Timonen (39 years old) or Streit (35 years old) carrying the blue line until Robert Hagg (18 years old) comes up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we got Cleary i dont know who goes and who stays at this point. :noidea:

Whomever they get rid of probably has to be someone they're willing to get rid of and get very little in return. My guess is Andrej Meszaros and/or Nicklas Grossmann. Those would be the 2 most sensible players to get rid of at this point IMO.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have a ton of young talented forwards. If all it takes to land Keith Yandle is Braden Schenn I would do it in a heartbeat. Otherwise it will be Timonen (39 years old) or Streit (35 years old) carrying the blue line until Robert Hagg (18 years old) comes up.

There's little doubt that the Flyers will have to be back in the market for a puck-moving and PP defenseman well before Hagg is ready to take over.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's little doubt that the Flyers will have to be back in the market for a puck-moving and PP defenseman well before Hagg is ready to take over.

I think so too. Right now they're fine with Timonen & Streit, but how long will that last?