• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Next if McGregor Loses?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor and the UFC have hyped him so much to be a money making machine but what if he loses? He plans to fight at LW next because he wants two belts. With a loss to Aldo he has no belt and there would be bigger and stronger guys with very good ground skills in the LW division. With a loss in a lighter weight class he should have to win against at least one of the top contenders to earn a title shot at LW. If McGregor wants to keep cutting a lot of weight at FW then he should have to wait until Edgar gets his well deserved title shot. McGregor has a lot to lose in his fight vs Aldo.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he loses, he moves to LW, where he will get wrecked against any of the top 5 LW(s) along with a few other guys.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he loses, he moves to LW, where he will get wrecked against any of the top 5 LW(s) along with a few other guys.

I agree. Some people think that Cerrone is a good matchup for McGregor, however, Cerrone has great ground skills. That could be a big problem for McGregor. Others in the LW division have elite wrestling skills and they are much bigger and stronger than anyone that McGregor faced in the FW division.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When McGregor fights Dos Anjos he better hope that he catches him with a left hand punch early. Dos Anjos has a lot of power too and he is a more well rounded fighter. There is a saying be careful what you wish for. He could ask Gunnar Nelson after he decided to request a Damian Maia fight.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When McGregor fights Dos Anjos he better hope that he catches him with a left hand punch early. Dos Anjos has a lot of power too and he is a more well rounded fighter. There is a saying be careful what you wish for. He could ask Gunnar Nelson after he decided to request a Damian Maia fight.

I don't think UFC will do a champion vs champion fight so I doubt he fights Dos Anjos any time soon

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor said that is what he wanted at his recent post fight press conference "I will have a belt on both shoulders" Dana recently said that McGregor would get an immediate LW title shot if he moves up. They may change their minds after the performance that Dos Anjos just had. It's a risky fight for the UFC's golden boy. Plus Dana may not want McGregor to try to keep both belts if he were to win because there would be too much of a wait between title fights. Dana was probably thinking that McGregor would vacate the FW belt instead of trying to keep both.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldo should get a rematch. Like Jon Jones or not, he's absolutely right on the absurdity of Rousey getting a rematch, despite getting absolutely dominated, but Aldo not getting one, after getting caught. The guy went a decade without losing. To put that into perspective, Anderson Silva was at about 7.5 years when he got caught by Weidman.

Speaking of Rousey absurdity, wtf is she doing ranked above Holm & Jedrzejczyk?

Anyone heard/seen anything on when Jones will fight again? I wonder if we'll get DC-Jones 2, or if Jones will get a tune-up fight first. If the latter, then maybe Bader gets a shot if he beats "Rumble?" I'm not coming up with any good alternatives if "Rumble" wins though.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Xulu Bak RE Aldo deserving a rematch. He deserves it but I don't this he'll get an immediate rematch. McGregor is all about the money so that will probably be the deciding factor with his next fight. He said before the fight that he doesn't think a guy that will lose in the first round to him deserves a rematch. My guess is that McGregor fights Dos Anjos next at LW. McGregor said he wants the LW belt too and the UFC would make a lot of money with that fight also. At FW Frankie Edgar had the recent KO win so his stock may be higher with the UFC right now moreso than Aldo. Edgar has very good movement and takedowns so he may be able to give McGregor a good fight even with McGregor's reach advantage & punching power. I think Aldo let his emotions get the best of him. He looked like an angry man in a street fight with no defense. He has some of the best leg kicks in the game. He could have used kicks to set up his punches.

RE Rankings: I agree Holm dominated Rousey & should be ranked higher than her. I think Holm will win in a rematch with Rousey and start to get more respect.

RE J Jones: My guess is he gets a title shot vs Cormier in his next fight. Cormier wants that fight to get his rematch and it would be a big fight for the UFC. I haven't heard when it will be scheduled.