• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Jerry?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much wine yesterday? I like, no, I don't like it, wait, I cherish it...

Jerry Jones probably gets criticized as much as any owner or general manager in professional sports.
Following Sunday’s 24-21 victory over the New York Giants, the Dallas Cowboys owner called taking that criticism a “privilege.”
“I mean this,” Jones said. ”I mean it. It’s a privilege. It’s an absolute labor of love and a privilege to be critiqued if the Cowboys aren’t doing good. It is an honor to get to be with the team, the league and the game. I don’t like it. I want to do something about it to change it.”
The Cowboys improved to 6-5 with the victory and pulled to within a tie atop the NFC East standings, so obviously Jones was in a good mood.
But just to make sure everyone understands that he’s not giving up his general manager title any time soon, Jones added this to the end of his answer about taking the heat from critics.
“I don’t agree with what some people want me to do to change it,” Jones said. “I hope no one thinks I am going to listen to that. Having said that, I expect it and frankly I do – it’s a big part of my life and I cherish [the criticism].”

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much wine yesterday? I like, no, I don't like it, wait, I cherish it...

Jerry Jones probably gets criticized as much as any owner or general manager in professional sports.
Following Sunday’s 24-21 victory over the New York Giants, the Dallas Cowboys owner called taking that criticism a “privilege.”
“I mean this,” Jones said. ”I mean it. It’s a privilege. It’s an absolute labor of love and a privilege to be critiqued if the Cowboys aren’t doing good. It is an honor to get to be with the team, the league and the game. I don’t like it. I want to do something about it to change it.”
The Cowboys improved to 6-5 with the victory and pulled to within a tie atop the NFC East standings, so obviously Jones was in a good mood.
But just to make sure everyone understands that he’s not giving up his general manager title any time soon, Jones added this to the end of his answer about taking the heat from critics.
“I don’t agree with what some people want me to do to change it,” Jones said. “I hope no one thinks I am going to listen to that. Having said that, I expect it and frankly I do – it’s a big part of my life and I cherish [the criticism].”

Was he slurring his words when he said this? It's kind of hard to follow except for the part that says he's not firing the GM.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A privilege to be critiqued, because he doesn't like it so he wants to change it if the Cowboys aren't doing good.

That's what I gathered.. plus not firing himself...

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all have a quiet celebration..

jerry's finally going senile.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if he wasnt drunk he shoulda been

I know I was pounding them down during the game. Especially on that last drive

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish jones had more power in the nfl. Kraft and mara seem to be able to influence the nfl and get favorable officiating. Meanwhile the cowboys continue to have games ruined by the officials.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if he wasnt drunk he shoulda been

I know I was pounding them down during the game. Especially on that last drive

Calmest I've ever been during a game like that. I was helping my 8 year old put together a toy solar car while watching the last few drives. Couldn't get the darn thing to run. Of course when I picked him up and starting running around the house with him he realized the Cowboys must have won...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish jones had more power in the nfl. Kraft and mara seem to be able to influence the nfl and get favorable officiating. Meanwhile the cowboys continue to have games ruined by the officials.

Boy do I disagree with the above and I hate the argument that the league and the officials are out to get us. It's not only untrue, but it's embarrassing when you guys keep whining about it and we all get painted with the excuse brush.

1) Jones is easily one of the most influential NFL owners
2) Please give and example of when Kraft and Mara were able "influence the nfl and get favorable officiating".

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cowboys ruin games by poor play, stupid penalties and mistakes at bad times and big moments, horrendous coaching, game planning and adjustments, and man, we just don't have enough talent on this team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys ruin games by poor play, stupid penalties and mistakes at bad times and big moments, horrendous coaching, game planning and adjustments, and man, we just don't have enough talent on this team.

And yet with all that, we are still not out of it...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God we play in the NFC east this year.

duh fuk? we play in the NFC East EVERY year:scratch:

and this division has been like this for a few years now. Giants won the Superbowl with a 9-7 record

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duh fuk? we play in the NFC East EVERY year:scratch:

and this division has been like this for a few years now. Giants won the Superbowl with a 9-7 record

Forget it, lol. you don't get it obviously.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget it, lol. you don't get it obviously.

Oh I got it I was being sarcastic .......

You are saying if we played in a different division we wouldn't win shit. Pretty much what you are saying?

Which I 100% disagree with.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I got it I was being sarcastic .......

You are saying if we played in a different division we wouldn't win shit. Pretty much what you are saying?

Which I 100% disagree with.

Well good hoss. I was worried you weren't with us anymore.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God we play in the NFC east this year.
just imagine if we played in the AFC.
We would be an entire game up in the playoff race, instead of tied. As much as ppl want to talk trash about the East (& I am not bragging about it this year) Saying lucky we are in the NFC east, when the AFC has a 5-6 team as the playoff spot right now is kinda ridiculous.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just imagine if we played in the AFC.
We would be an entire game up in the playoff race, instead of tied. As much as ppl want to talk trash about the East (& I am not bragging about it this year) Saying lucky we are in the NFC east, when the AFC has a 5-6 team as the playoff spot right now is kinda ridiculous.

agreed ....

2 team tied in the NFC North with the exact same records as us and the Eagles

SanFran and AZ only 1 game better ( by record and I think we could beat both)

other than the Seahawks ... there is not one "scarey team" in the NFC
2nd would be the Saints
Panthers? talk about out barely wins this year..... they got a few of them too.... and no Dolphins with a 2nd year Qb on our schedule with a dropped pass to give us the win.

Jump to the AFC Colts in warm weather barely beat us ... Chiefs just did get us ... and thats the best they have in the AFC ...... think either one would beat us twice in the same year? I don't

2 7-4 records winning the division ... 1 game better than us ..... and the Pats ...... and I dare say at the least we have 4 division wins in that division as well.... if not steal one from the Pats with a split as bad as they were playing earlier in the year .......

This team would be in the fight no matter what division you put them in.

Doubt Detroit would pull off that fluke shit on us a 2nd time a season either ( Dont forget division teams play twice ) and Chicago and Detroit as of late fall apart more often than the Cowboys

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed ....

2 team tied in the NFC North with the exact same records as us and the Eagles

SanFran and AZ only 1 game better ( by record and I think we could beat both)

other than the Seahawks ... there is not one "scarey team" in the NFC
2nd would be the Saints
Panthers? talk about out barely wins this year..... they got a few of them too.... and no Dolphins with a 2nd year Qb on our schedule with a dropped pass to give us the win.

Jump to the AFC Colts in warm weather barely beat us ... Chiefs just did get us ... and thats the best they have in the AFC ...... think either one would beat us twice in the same year? I don't

2 7-4 records winning the division ... 1 game better than us ..... and the Pats ...... and I dare say at the least we have 4 division wins in that division as well.... if not steal one from the Pats with a split as bad as they were playing earlier in the year .......

This team would be in the fight no matter what division you put them in.

Doubt Detroit would pull off that fluke shit on us a 2nd time a season either ( Dont forget division teams play twice ) and Chicago and Detroit as of late fall apart more often than the Cowboys
honestly I know the popular thought is the seahawks are the scariest. but I think the Saints are the scariest.if I had a choice of playing the Hawks or the Saints in the playoffs. I would rather play the Seahawks. I know it isn't the popular thought, but it is how I feel.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly I know the popular thought is the seahawks are the scariest. but I think the Saints are the scariest.if I had a choice of playing the Hawks or the Saints in the playoffs. I would rather play the Seahawks. I know it isn't the popular thought, but it is how I feel.

Not me .......

I have a rule when playoffs hit ..... Defense and running game .....

Seahawks have both

Im just pure old school football.

Im not a fan of this pass happy shit

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what made last year so great for me .... even though we werent in it

what two teams went to the Superbowl? The two that ran the ball and played defense ....

They can change the rules ..... It's still football.