• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is wrong?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that the Flyers are incapable of playing team defense, playing with concerted offensive pressure and frankly...playing like an NHL team?

This is just bad. I know it is very early in the season. I know that there are going to be growing pains. I know that making the playoffs last year was no guarantee of success this year. That doesn't mean that this team is even worth wasting a Saturday night in October with...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little loose defensively and in coverage. Also some really bad bounces and circus-type under the bar shots from bad angles. It's frustrating right now, but I don't think this is a long term issue.

Provorov is getting really good. He probably could've had a couple goals tonight and made a lot of slick plays. Gudas had his best game yet. Manning continues to be solid. I like that Schultz played over MacDonald. Perhaps that continues. Ghost just got top minutes and I don't know if he is there yet defensively. I think we just need better support overall as a five-man defensive unit. Both goalies can and will be better. MDZ returning has to help. Then we can send MacDonald to the minors and probably rotate Streit/Schultz in and out of the lineup.

Last edited:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day...another blown lead. This is getting really out of hand. The lack of gap control and the horrible goaltending (by both goalies).

Provorov looks like he is trying to do too much (again) and Streit is not trying to do enough.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a win. This team never stops. I thought we thoroughly outplayed them for long stretches, especially in the 1st and 2nd. Neuvy would probably like one or two of those back and Provorov had a rough break on one of the goals against, but otherwise did look pretty solid and dynamic at times. You would've thought someone told Lyubimov that he was about to be cut from the team. The guy was a monster all game long. Gudas is a defensive monster too and how about that snipe by Manning shorthanded for the game winner?

Really nice team effort on the second night of a back to back on the road.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're also getting mediocre to poor goaltending if we're being fair. I highly doubt that will continue.

They're absolutely dominating in all the underlying stats, almost every game. Every mistake is ending up in the back of their net right now. I think in the Pens game the Flyers had 100 shot attempts. That's insane. They're carrying the play in most of these games, they're just getting no breaks on the defensive end. As Mav said, MDZ coming back will help cut down on the mistakes as well.

I'm not concerned. Not one bit. The top 6 looks phenomenal, the defense/goaltending will come around.