• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Alex Pietrangelo worth?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amazed he's not signed yet, something just doesn't make sense to me about it. Could his demands be totally unreasonable? I mean he has the potential yo be a true #1 and a perennial all-star.

So I'm wondering what everyone thinks he worth in terms of contract and trade value?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contractually , I would say $6.5 million - $7 million per season. As far as trade value goes, I would say he's worth a 1st round pick & a top 6 forward on the team.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him $7.5 easily, Pietrangelo is an absolute stud and is only 23.

If he was signed, the Blues would ask and holdout for Giroux. They're biggest need is a #1 center

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to part with B. Schenn, Coburn and a 1st for Pietrangelo and I wouldn't have any second thoughts about it. Then I'd lock him up for 8 years and $60-65 million. Whatever it took.

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to part with B. Schenn, Coburn and a 1st for Pietrangelo and I wouldn't have any second thoughts about it. Then I'd lock him up for 8 years and $60-65 million. Whatever it took.

I was actually thinking along this line. I think the Blues would want Couturier instead of B Schenn. Cooter, Coburn and a 1st is a price I would be willing to pay though. The cap hit is what would scare me if I was the Flyers. I have to imagine he'll get $6.5m easily which could put the Flyers in big trouble going into next season (15 players signed with about $10m in counting Pronger's contract).

I'm not saying I think this is going to happen or even remotely likely, I just find not having a d-man of his caliber not locked up already.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to add him but how?? For this to happen they really gotta get creative with contracts and making room.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him $7.5 easily, Pietrangelo is an absolute stud and is only 23.

If he was signed, the Blues would ask and holdout for Giroux. They're biggest need is a #1 center

I think this is pretty accurate all the way around.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking along this line. I think the Blues would want Couturier instead of B Schenn. Cooter, Coburn and a 1st is a price I would be willing to pay though. The cap hit is what would scare me if I was the Flyers. I have to imagine he'll get $6.5m easily which could put the Flyers in big trouble going into next season (15 players signed with about $10m in counting Pronger's contract).

I'm not saying I think this is going to happen or even remotely likely, I just find not having a d-man of his caliber not locked up already.

If it were Couturier instead of Schenn, I would hesitate. The combination of losing Couturier and still having to pay Pietrangelo huge money would possibly be too much to take.

Keep in mind that Couturier is signed to an extremely attractive contract for three more seasons. We'd be giving up a player that will be high bang for your buck for a better one that is going to fetch top dollar.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Couturier can be the guy that shuts down the Malkins of the world game in and game out at $1.375 or $1.75 million, then I'll gladly keep him and pass on Pietrangelo if that's who they want. The same goes for Giroux. No way in hell I'm trading him. Especially not after having traded Richie and Carter to make room for his growth. That would send one hell of a message to the fans. Something like...we don't know what the fuck we're doing...lol

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd give up a hell of a lot for Pietrangelo. Schenn, Coburn, and a 1st is a pretty fair package in my opinion. The only two untouchables on this team in my opinion are Giroux and Couturier. I really think Couturier is going to be a stud.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up a hell of a lot for Pietrangelo. Schenn, Coburn, and a 1st is a pretty fair package in my opinion. The only two untouchables on this team in my opinion are Giroux and Couturier. I really think Couturier is going to be a stud.

I'm not trying to down play how good Cooter can be. I just see StL wanting Cooter over Schenn. To get Pietrangelp I'd do this because we have Laughton coming up and everything I read says how impressed management is with him and how he's been dominant everywhere he's played lately. I also personally think B Schenn will end up being more valuable to our team in the long run where I see Cooter becoming the next Jordan Staal of the league and eventually being moved. I'd just rather move him now then keep developing him if I could get an true #1 D-man. The contracts are the biggest concern IMO though and I'm not sure how they could incorporate him unless they moved Grossman and that wil only happen if they think Lauridson is truly ready to take the next step.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Cooter(lol), his rookie year was nice but last year looked lost and kinda pulled a Jeff Carter and disappeared for most of the season, granted it was a numbers game in a short season and its hard to make an impact on the 3rd or 4th line but still I never heard his name all season long. Was his rookie year an aberration and the real Cooter is the guy we saw last year or is the one we saw with great promise as a rookie the real Cooter??? Will the real Cooter please stand up??? lol That being said I wouldn't loose sleep if he were included in a trade but he could be the real deal, never know, gotta play the odds.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooters young many young guys take a step back in year two. I think you'll find him and Schenn vastly improved. either way to get a good Dman you will have to trade good players. Depends how you want your team to build solid D or solid O or a mix of both....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in Couturier far more than I do B. Schenn at this point. I also don't put much stock in the last half of a season of play for our second year players. After glancing at the stats, everyone minus probably Voracek, Simmonds, Timonen, L. Schenn and Read had a down year.

I still think we're stacked at forward and it makes sense to package one of them with a defenseman, pick and/or prospect for a top tier defenseman. With Timonen and Meszaros coming off the books next season, that has to free up the cap space for a legit number one defenseman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in Couturier far more than I do B. Schenn at this point. I also don't put much stock in the last half of a season of play for our second year players. After glancing at the stats, everyone minus probably Voracek, Simmonds, Timonen, L. Schenn and Read had a down year.

I still think we're stacked at forward and it makes sense to package one of them with a defenseman, pick and/or prospect for a top tier defenseman. With Timonen and Meszaros coming off the books next season, that has to free up the cap space for a legit number one defenseman.

they're only stacked if couturier and schenn start producing offensively IMO.. they're fairly deep, but they need all their depth to produce because nobody is setting the world on fire points-wise.. voracek and giroux are good/great players, but neither of them have hit the 100 point mark

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading that he's looking for a minimum of 7 years, $7 mil per.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are over the cap as it is. We would have to get St Louis to take back 10 million in salaries in order for us to sign this guy for 7 million.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give forward not G, and dman and a pick. would do same for Yandle, OEL, Karlson, Carlson, doughty, andmaybe Enstrom< easier to get great forward than great d,

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're only stacked if couturier and schenn start producing offensively IMO.. they're fairly deep, but they need all their depth to produce because nobody is setting the world on fire points-wise.. voracek and giroux are good/great players, but neither of them have hit the 100 point mark

I'm glad you just said that, because this could easily be the year Giroux finally does crack 100. If he and Hartnell rebound, which I expect them to do, that line is going to catch fire. If not, Giroux will still pile up the points with Lecavalier and Streit on the power play. He does it even without them. Regardless, Voracek seems about ready to explode and Giroux will pick it up.

Either way, I think we have six guys that could score 25+ goals in a full season. Hartnell. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Lecavalier and Read. Voracek has yet to do it, but he was on pace for 38 this past season over 82 games and Read came up one shy as a rookie in 79 games. Everyone else is more than capable. That's pretty stacked to me, without even having mentioned Couturier or Schenn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you just said that, because this could easily be the year Giroux finally does crack 100. If he and Hartnell rebound, which I expect them to do, that line is going to catch fire. If not, Giroux will still pile up the points with Lecavalier and Streit on the power play. He does it even without them. Regardless, Voracek seems about ready to explode and Giroux will pick it up.

Either way, I think we have six guys that could score 25+ goals in a full season. Hartnell. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Lecavalier and Read. Voracek has yet to do it, but he was on pace for 38 this past season over 82 games and Read came up one shy as a rookie in 79 games. Everyone else is more than capable. That's pretty stacked to me, without even having mentioned Couturier or Schenn.

i could see those 6 guys averaging around 25 goals a piece, giroux and voracek will probably get a few more (i expect 30ish from them).. and simmonds/hartnell/read/lecavalier i think will be between 20-25.. even with that great depth though, that's only 1.8ish goals per game.. i think the fleyrs will need to average around 3 g/g to be competitive this year (right around the top 5 in offense from 2011-12).. so they need 75 goals from the defense and the other 6 forwards

talbot: giving him the benefit of the doubt, i say he can get 15
rinaldo: 5 tops
laughton: 10 tops
hall: 5

streit: 12, giving him the benefit of the doubt playing on a good PP team
timonen: 5
gus: 5
coburn+grossmann+schenn: 5

total: 63

so by my math and my guess theyll 33 from schenn and couturier, which isn't world beating if they share the load, and not a huge increase from their 25 combined in their rookie seasons.. but they will need to produce

i think if everything goes that way, and when guys get hurt, their production gets replaced by whoever fills their slot (rosehill, mcginn, cousins, noebels, bourdon, lauridsen etc.) the flyers should be in pretty good shape