• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What has Howie Done?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you supposed to pay a 5 and 7 team the most money in tbe league over the next three years?

When Chip Kelly fucks up the entire roster, yes. Although keeping around Chip Kelly type players like Zach Ertz has totally backfired in that case.

Any data to support your monkey opinion above?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane is an interesting case. A former quarterback that transformed himself into a tackle. By all accounts has a thin build. Scored a 28 on the Wonderlic. The prevailing opinion out tbere is that he is a dumb jock who got suspended for not understanding what is in his supplements.

I dont buy that. I think he knows exactly what be took and did it because he understood bis career and contract were dependent on maintaining his weight and power. It paid off handsomely. The question is are the Eagles complicit or chumps in this deal? Paying good money to a guy that needs to break the rules to compete .

A gross exaggeration by you. You have no clue how much he is earning now nor what he would have been earning without. So you know neither of the things you need to know to make the claims you are making. You make fraudulent claims.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you supposed to pay a 5 and 7 team the most money in tbe league over the next three years?
Come on.

$20 mil over each of the next two seasons to Connor Barwin and Jason Peters is absolutely not happening. $2.6 million guaranteed to them, they won't see $20 million of it. Kelce's due $13 million, he's not seeing that either.

This is what happens in a rebuild. The old core starts to go and get replaced. Just looking at "Oh, they're spending this much in salary cap" is shortsighted and stupid. This isn't MLB. Peters is the only one who might see another season on his contract, and even that could get reworked.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 guaranteed dollars on the books:

Carson Wentz - $2,875,122
Nelson Agholor - $1,113,926

The only other player whose 2018 contract would cost the team money against the cap to get out of is Fletcher Cox. This is one of the dumbest positions you could possibly take.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they got in this mess when Kelly and Roseman were at odds and both plus Lurie share the blame. I don't think it was coincidence that Gore backed out of his commitment and signed with a Roseman buddy or Maclin got tampered with by another Roseman buddy. Or that only one player got extended while Kelly was defacto GM. If those things didnt happen i doubt they sign Murray as they would have had Gore at a good price and would have spent the money on Maclin. No question IMO that Roseman is more responsible for this debacle than Kelly. You need your coach and GM to.work.together and if they are not one of them needs to go. Luries decision to keep Roseman around and give the power to Kelly created this dynamic and the mess they are in.

Lane is an interesting case. A former quarterback that transformed himself into a tackle. By all accounts has a thin build. Scored a 28 on the Wonderlic. The prevailing opinion out tbere is that he is a dumb jock who got suspended for not understanding what is in his supplements.

I dont buy that. I think he knows exactly what be took and did it because he understood bis career and contract were dependent on maintaining his weight and power. It paid off handsomely. The question is are the Eagles complicit or chumps in this deal? Paying good money to a guy that needs to break the rules to compete .

You have a lot of theories.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on.

$20 mil over each of the next two seasons to Connor Barwin and Jason Peters is absolutely not happening. $2.6 million guaranteed to them, they won't see $20 million of it. Kelce's due $13 million, he's not seeing that either.

This is what happens in a rebuild. The old core starts to go and get replaced. Just looking at "Oh, they're spending this much in salary cap" is shortsighted and stupid. This isn't MLB. Peters is the only one who might see another season on his contract, and even that could get reworked.

Yeah moves like this are what may be required. Cutting all three would result in 5m in dead money but free up 20m in cap. But then you need a left tackle, center and defensive end.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only other player whose 2018 contract would cost the team money against the cap to get out of is Fletcher Cox. This is one of the dumbest positions you could possibly take.

When you take a photograph of a fluid situation, you often get a picture that isn't representative of what's actually going on.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a lot of theories.

Agreed it is a theory. what is more likely? Lane is an idiot? or Lane is a smart man who took a calculated risk to make tens of millions?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah moves like this are what may be required. Cutting all three would result in 5m in dead money but free up 20m in cap. But then you need a left tackle, center and defensive end.
You need a center and a defensive end.

Vaitai is our RT, Johnson is our LT whenever they cut ties with Peters.

Kelce stinks, and Barwin has been a complete non-factor. You can pay guys out of the AFL the league minimum to get their equivalent production.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lane Johnson to LT and Vaitai to RT. Seumalo to C. Graham and Curry at DE. Perfect? No. There are other options and you could probably get similar or better production for less money.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it is a theory. what is more likely? Lane is an idiot? or Lane is a smart man who took a calculated risk to make tens of millions?

I don't know what is more or less likely. Those aren't the only two options though. Frankly, I don't care how Lane ended up getting suspended. Fact of the matter is that his money is no longer guaranteed.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not a position of mine. Its the Eagles position of having tbe least cap flexibility in the league. Can they improve their situation? Sure. But generally at a cost of losing starting players and eating dead money.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no problem at lowering the cap ... Peters will likely be restructured and stick around at a much lower cap number. Maybe at this point in his career he will finally move to Guard and extend his career by a couple of years. Lane moves to LT and Big V was improving quickly at RT prior to getting hurt; he can start there next season.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what is more or less likely. Those aren't the only two options though. Frankly, I don't care how Lane ended up getting suspended. Fact of the matter is that his money is no longer guaranteed.

Its a nice benefit that less of his contract is no longer guaranteed . lets not forget though they did give him a 10m signing bonus of which only about 1.1m is returned due to the suspension. So its still have 8.9 m out of pocket to a guy that is not playing. and its not lime you cant see it coming. it was his second suspension .

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no problem at lowering the cap ... Peters will likely be restructured and stick around at a much lower cap number. Maybe at this point in his career he will finally move to Guard and extend his career by a couple of years. Lane moves to LT and Big V was improving quickly at RT prior to getting hurt; he can start there next season.

Peters seems stubborn as hell to me. Not sure what he'd be willing to do.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters seems stubborn as hell to me. Not sure what he'd be willing to do.

If not he will be let go ... Lane's natural position is LT and he's just waiting till Peters is gone to move over. Once Big V started to get comfortable at RT he was looking solid. We can live without Peters.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I know is business and that the Eagles have 438 million in contracts owed to this group of players in 2017 through 2019. That is tops in the league. Not a horrible place to be if you are the Cowboys or Broncos who are next in line in contracted money, but a horrible place to be when you are the last place team in the division.
you clearly don't know NFL business the way this read is going for you.

go peddle your "Chip Kelly is the victim here" bullshit back to the SF forum. You dont have a fucking clue about anything.