• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What B1G Coaches say about Nebraska

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...s-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2018

These are anonymous quotes

1. "I read somewhere this winter that Nebraska hasn’t won a conference title since 1999. Think about that. The game has changed so much, and Nebraska hasn’t changed with it."

"That’s why I think Scott Frost will have success there that everyone post-Tom (Osborne) hasn’t had: He knows that program, and he is part of the new breed of college football. He’s going to run that wide-open Oregon offense, and he’s going to recruit his tail off. If it doesn’t happen this time around with Frost, I don’t know when it ever will again."

------------------------------------------

2. "He needs a quarterback, that’s not really big news. I know there are a lot of guys competing, and there’s a true freshman (Adrian Martinez) who will also get a look. Scott has gone through this before as OC at Oregon and at UCF. He’s going to find a tough guy -- I’m telling you, he’s serious about that -- who’s talented and who wants to learn. A lot like the kid (McKenzie Milton) he just coached the last two seasons at UCF."

-----------------------------------------

3. "Everyone walks into the new program talking about making their guys tough. I don’t think there’s any question that’s what Scott wants to do. He knows how important the idea of being tougher than the guy across from you is to those in that program. You might think these are little things, but believe me, these little things have all been overlooked by everyone after Osborne.

-----------------------------------------

4. "I like the rah-rah attitude from the first day he got there. But the reality is they’re not that good on the offensive and defensive lines, and that’s going to be a critical problem this season."

I separated the quotes as I think there are four coaches that were quoted. Which ones? Who knows. I don't think any are harbaugh as none sound goofy enough to be him. For some reason, I think Lovie Smith is one.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 sounds like Fitzgerald.
#2 Franklin would be my guess
#3 maybe that's Lovie. could be anyone, pretty generic statement.
#4 the one i'm most curious about who that could be. Fleck? since he would be going off the beat down his crappy team gave us?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If division only then I think #4 would be Chryst or Ferentz.

They would be the only ones that are consistently good up front.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think Ferentz would say "rah-rah attitude", maybe Chryst would.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_2018-07-31-15-29-20_20180731162940414.jpg

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first quote got me thinking (always dangerous of course) that perhaps Nebraska hasn't changed with college football since 1999, but Nebraska possibly changed against it and against itself. Every possible change that could hurt the program has hurt the program in the long run - up until the hiring of Bill Moos & Scott Frost. I hope the fans (myself included) give Coach Frost & Co. the time it takes to right the mothership. Most of the 70's & 80's was tough sledding for TO especially against Oklahoma and it took so long to get his first Natty which the fans wanted in the worst way because of Bob Devaney's success. All the endless changes post '99 were hard on the players and fans. We are in a different era now with 24 hour internet so time will create it's pressures for titles sooner then later. I see many growing pains and fan hurting coming our way but I like the direction the program is heading for the first time in many years.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn’t make much sense anything like that coming from Lovie with the type of season they had. Sounds more like Urban or Ferentz. I heard some of the same stuff coming out of Spring Ball

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first quote got me thinking (always dangerous of course) that perhaps Nebraska hasn't changed with college football since 1999, but Nebraska possibly changed against it and against itself. Every possible change that could hurt the program has hurt the program in the long run - up until the hiring of Bill Moos & Scott Frost. I hope the fans (myself included) give Coach Frost & Co. the time it takes to right the mothership. Most of the 70's & 80's was tough sledding for TO especially against Oklahoma and it took so long to get his first Natty which the fans wanted in the worst way because of Bob Devaney's success. All the endless changes post '99 were hard on the players and fans. We are in a different era now with 24 hour internet so time will create it's pressures for titles sooner then later. I see many growing pains and fan hurting coming our way but I like the direction the program is heading for the first time in many years.
yea, they've been having an endless argument on USC over who was worse for the program Pederson/Callahan or Eichorist/Riley. after a long time someone finally brought it over to Osborne a little bit. Since he was the one that handed the reigns to Solich and also hired Pelini.

you bring up a good point, that Nebraska changed against itself. Solich tried to keep it going but i think his recruiting dropped off without the pull of TO. He also just wasnt the coach TO was and didn't innovate as much. then the Pedersen debacle going way outside of what Nebraska was. and it all spiraled from there.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep standing on my soap box but Pearlman was the main issue. He hired Pederson. Pederson fired Solich after he revamped the coaching staff after only one season. Solich should have had more time with his staff instead Pederson one man coaching search turn into a shit show. His ego was bigger then the state of Texas. After that debacle of Pederson/Callahan Perlman ran to Osborne to fix the mess he made, then forces Osborne out and Hired a bigger tool bag in Eichorist. I didn't think we could have a worse AD after Pederson however we did. I am so thankful Perlman retired if he's still at Nebraska we sill have Eichorist and Riley.