• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you doing

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to occupy your time without basketball?

I have been watching a lot of Futbol - soccer to Americans - on Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV.

I've been watching English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga, so there's lots of soccer to keep me occupied. It's odd that the only league I don't watch on a regular basis is MLS when that's the one league based in America. But it's really like watching minor league soccer after seeing the European teams play.

As long as I don't go actively looking for scores, I can watch a game 2 or 3 days later without knowing the scores because most American sports shows rarely talk about European soccer outside of Manchester United.

My favorite new show is called Match of the Day. It's like Sports Center in England, but they spend about 6 or 7 minutes showing highlights of each game and then analyze the games for a few extra minutes. Very cool. The only problem is that I have to download them because the show is on BBC (and not BBC America).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I've been getting up early to grab live feeds, though, so most of the middle of the day on weekends is spent fixing things around the house. I'm a Liverpool fan, and this has been an up and down season already. You're spot on about MLS. I've tried. It's awful. I guess the short answer to your question is: Spending more time with my fiance and our dog. Not a bad trade-off.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fortunate or not, I've been distracted by work tremendously, so I haven't "missed" basketball yet. But I'm starting to feel that itch. Really want the lockout to end - with all the front office moves, I'm convinced that there are going to be very significant changes on the roster as well.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunate or not, I've been distracted by work tremendously, so I haven't "missed" basketball yet. But I'm starting to feel that itch. Really want the lockout to end - with all the front office moves, I'm convinced that there are going to be very significant changes on the roster as well.

You know I agree with that! I'm still itching over the rumored Ellis for Matthews and Batum trade. That move would give us such balance and depth.

By the way, sup Chuck? How you been, Buddy? I defenitly like this board better.
:rockon:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ek, I'm doing well, but working way too hard. Doing a lot of travel (although some for fun), it's been hard to keep up on things.

Re: Ellis for Matthews + Batum, that would be highway robbery for us, if you ask me - so let's go for it! I don't recall if anybody in the press ever talked about it or if it was something we came up with on the board (based on general Monta to Portland ideas), do you remember?

I had read a couple of things indicating that the Warriors and 76ers were going to do the long-discussed Monta/Iguodala swap, Philly had just put the announcement on-hold because of their ownership change (new owner wanted to be the one who announced it). Between the two deals, I much prefer the Matthews/Batum option, if it is real.....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you guys need your NBA basketball fix i recommend tuning into 750 AM The Game Portland, OR. find it on your phone or internet. they constantly will talk NBA even though there is no basketball, they will tell you what LaMarcus Aldridge is tweeting.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ek, I'm doing well, but working way too hard. Doing a lot of travel (although some for fun), it's been hard to keep up on things.

Re: Ellis for Matthews + Batum, that would be highway robbery for us, if you ask me - so let's go for it! I don't recall if anybody in the press ever talked about it or if it was something we came up with on the board (based on general Monta to Portland ideas), do you remember?

I had read a couple of things indicating that the Warriors and 76ers were going to do the long-discussed Monta/Iguodala swap, Philly had just put the announcement on-hold because of their ownership change (new owner wanted to be the one who announced it). Between the two deals, I much prefer the Matthews/Batum option, if it is real.....

Monta Ellis NBA Trade Rumors: Portland Trail Blazers Might Have Players Golden State Warriors Desire - SB Nation Bay Area