• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Are We Doing at the Deadline?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think we need a forward, if it's a center or a winger is yet to be decided. I think if Backstrom is going to be out for a period of time, then I think we do need that forward to be a center. If he isn't going to be out that long, or at all, then it preferably would be a center but a winger could work, but it would involve alot of shifting of lines including liach moving back over to center for a few games.

But this is without the possibility of Semin getting traded. Personally I don't see how we can trade Semin mid season and get full value. His value is still low from last season's playoffs and his streakiness hasn't helped either. GMGM has said that we aren't trading for a goalie, we really don't need another Defenseman, and getting draft picks at the deadline would annoy me. So I don't see us being able to get full value for him at just forward unless it's Semin + a pick for Richards, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening. But it is pretty obvious that Semin really isn't that good of a fit in the current system we are trying to put in place

I'd like to hear both of you, 46 and eloco, and what you think we should do, if anything at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm damn glad I'm not GMGM because I'd screw it up for sure. I have faith in GMGM because he has proven to be right 99% of the time. We shall see by next week what he has in store for the team

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some rumblings of Seminar to Minnesota for Burns and Brunette. If the wild would do that, I would as well.

I also like the idea of bringing in a cagey vet center like Arnott or someone.

Some more rumors mention Andy MacDonald but I know very little about his game.

One more depth D
a vet center with grit
a scoring winger
If the price is right a vet goalie

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I really don't think we need a D man, I mean depth doesn't hurt, but forward and center should be priorities over getting a D man.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D is not a top priority but who knows how much longer Poti and Green will be out. Even if we get one back soon, I don't like to be one injury away from Tyler Sloane getting regular ice time. I am comfortable with Hannan, Carlson, Alzner, Green and Poti. I am much more comfortable with Erskine after his play this year but less comfortable with Schultz if that makes sense. I would love to have an 8th just in case that does not wear a wide receivers number.