• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conf Finalsl

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be... man this is so hard to answer. OKC is beginning to look good and the addition of Morrow as an ace outsider shooter will pay dividends; Memphis is plain tough and once they figure a team out they can really maul; the Spurs will get their execution in full gear when the real season begins and the Warriors can outscore anyone and with a very solid bench this year - I actually have them as THE TEAM TO BEAT. At some point, the Spurs may not have the necessary energy and legs for another long haul. OKC is still weak down low as Perkins is a big fat nothing, Adams doesn't produce, and their bench other than Bobby Jackson is a bit hit or miss and the Grizz need to keep the score in the low 90s which is a tough task against the Warriors or OKC/Spurs.

Another factor, Curry might be ready to actually lead this team to the Promised Land. I got Curry as this year's MVP too. The thing about making such predictions is that the entire West is so loaded and there very well could be an upset or two. Out East, Chicago is the team to beat as Cleve may have chemistry problems - see K. Irving, and the Wizards are a piece and another year away.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be... man this is so hard to answer. OKC is beginning to look good and the addition of Morrow as an ace outsider shooter will pay dividends; Memphis is plain tough and once they figure a team out they can really maul; the Spurs will get their execution in full gear when the real season begins and the Warriors can outscore anyone and with a very solid bench this year - I actually have them as THE TEAM TO BEAT. At some point, the Spurs may not have the necessary energy and legs for another long haul. OKC is still weak down low as Perkins is a big fat nothing, Adams doesn't produce, and their bench other than Bobby Jackson is a bit hit or miss and the Grizz need to keep the score in the low 90s which is a tough task against the Warriors or OKC/Spurs.

Another factor, Curry might be ready to actually lead this team to the Promised Land. I got Curry as this year's MVP too. The thing about making such predictions is that the entire West is so loaded and there very well could be an upset or two. Out East, Chicago is the team to beat as Cleve may have chemistry problems - see K. Irving, and the Wizards are a piece and another year away.

I brought up OKC regarding their chances in the west a few weeks ago but a few of the people on here thought that their record was too bad for them to be able to make the playoffs, or if they did that they'd be a 7 or 8 seed. I worked out the numbers and realized that like they said they'd have to win an extremely high % of their games, much higher than the percentage that they normally win in a given year. I still think that like they said that they may not even make the playoffs unless one or two of the teams in the west really have much worse seasons than what they had last year. But, if they do get in, it may be a tough first round for the #1 or #2 seed.

About Curry, I have also seen him in the running for MVP thus far this year. Much of it has to do with the Dubs' record, just like how Marc Gasol is also in the early running for MVP as well, since they have the second best record as of now.

L. James is on the outside looking in as of now, but that could change if they are able to win 55+ games and his numbers are in the ballpark of what they've been before.

If Rose can get over his injuries and lead them to 55+ wins and his numbers are good then he'll be in the chase. I also think that John Wall can get his name in the picture if their record is in the 52-55 win range. Harden's name will unfortunately come up too, but he's just too much of a ball hog to get serious recognition, in my opinion. Also, if the Clips can get their act together, either Paul or Griffin will creep in.

I do think that right now it's Curry's to lose. If he can keep his pts around 23, assists around 8 and turnovers to maybe 2.5 a game and if the Dubs can win 60 games then he'll stay in the top 3 in contention.

Looking forward to the away game today at the Mavs. Day game at 11:00 pacific.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is 1 game in the loss column out of the 8th seed already. They are DEFINITELY making the playoffs. A lot more ground to get even a top 7 seed. It would be just the Ws luck to be the #1 and face OKC in the first round.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if they have to face OKC in the first round, then that's okay. Our goal is to win the West to begin with, so we may as well get down and dirty from the get-go and get a tough series under our belt. I think the Dubs will be able to rest some key players near the end of the season (Bogut, Curry, Thompson) if our record stays fairly safe to secure the #1 seed.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be... man this is so hard to answer. OKC is beginning to look good and the addition of Morrow as an ace outsider shooter will pay dividends; Memphis is plain tough and once they figure a team out they can really maul; the Spurs will get their execution in full gear when the real season begins and the Warriors can outscore anyone and with a very solid bench this year - I actually have them as THE TEAM TO BEAT. At some point, the Spurs may not have the necessary energy and legs for another long haul. OKC is still weak down low as Perkins is a big fat nothing, Adams doesn't produce, and their bench other than Bobby Jackson? is a bit hit or miss and the Grizz need to keep the score in the low 90s which is a tough task against the Warriors or OKC/Spurs.

Didn't he retire 20 years ago?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if they have to face OKC in the first round, then that's okay. Our goal is to win the West to begin with, so we may as well get down and dirty from the get-go and get a tough series under our belt. I think the Dubs will be able to rest some key players near the end of the season (Bogut, Curry, Thompson) if our record stays fairly safe to secure the #1 seed.

If they have pretty much EVERYONE healthy come playoff time, they can definitely make a run at the conference title. Missing even 1 of the big 3 and they are toast. And probably missing Green or Barnes would be enough to fall short. But healthy they can play with and beat anyone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he retire 20 years ago?

Reggy Jackson, who also was a hell of a baseball player before this for the Oakland As and NY Yankees. He's one of the best 2 sport players EVER!

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Not bobby jackson but you know what I'm talking about. OKC should make the playoffs though which of the 8 will fall, don't know. I saw DRose last night. Looked very good.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think so at the beginning of the season but now, seeing how solid they are from top to bottom, I think they are the top team in the West. The key is they have to stay healthy. If Bogut or Curry go down for an extended period, they will not be the same team. They've got that look of team chemistry and also a willingness to play selfless ball on offense and good defense. No team has shot 50% against the Dubs for the entire season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have pretty much EVERYONE healthy come playoff time, they can definitely make a run at the conference title. Missing even 1 of the big 3 and they are toast. And probably missing Green or Barnes would be enough to fall short. But healthy they can play with and beat anyone.

I would really love to see Avi come back and lead the second unit.