• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well...let's talk about 2018

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount played this past season on a $1.25 million contract. I could see him coming back one more season if he doesn't get a big offer somewhere. Ditto Chris Long.

was long on a 1 year deal??? We definitely need to keep long around. I thought we locked the entire DL up???

I would try to keep blount as well. I like the blount/Ajayi combo. I also like Clements/Sproles combo.

Celek can retire, but we need to keep Burton.

Smith, you know, I have been ok getting rid of him all season. I really don't think he is that special. That said, he has been used by Foles and Wentz at some key times and he comes up more than he fails if I'm being honest. I would rather give those opportunities to Hollins, personally. And Smith really isn't much of a burner, as Agholor is actually faster. So I'm really 50/50 on smith.

Peters is absolutely worth keeping. He is still a good LT, and has the potential to play LG as well and extend his career. He is also an incredible mentor and leader on this team. I think we need to redo his contract that will adjust for the position he plays and injury. But I would do everything possible to keep Peters and have him retire an eagle.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was long on a 1 year deal??? We definitely need to keep long around. I thought we locked the entire DL up???

I would try to keep blount as well. I like the blount/Ajayi combo. I also like Clements/Sproles combo.

Celek can retire, but we need to keep Burton.

Smith, you know, I have been ok getting rid of him all season. I really don't think he is that special. That said, he has been used by Foles and Wentz at some key times and he comes up more than he fails if I'm being honest. I would rather give those opportunities to Hollins, personally. And Smith really isn't much of a burner, as Agholor is actually faster. So I'm really 50/50 on smith.

Peters is absolutely worth keeping. He is still a good LT, and has the potential to play LG as well and extend his career. He is also an incredible mentor and leader on this team. I think we need to redo his contract that will adjust for the position he plays and injury. But I would do everything possible to keep Peters and have him retire an eagle.
Chris Long’s five-year Eagles contract is actually a two-year signing that’s really only a one-year deal

and does it matter what we pay him if he just donates all his salary?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you forget that Howie's specialty is working the cap - most of us were having this discussion last off-season about not having enough money to sign guys, we should cut this guy that guy, etc. and then we sign Alshon Jeffery. E-Nut is right, some of you need to chill because there's no one on here that knows the Eagles cap situation better than the guy running it... no worries.

FWIW, I would and/or think will happen:

- Unless we get a Top 10 draft pick offer from someone, KEEP Foles. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than #6 from the Jets. It would have to be something ridiculous like that to get me to want to part with Foles at this point. If we want to repeat as Champs, we may need Foles to start the regular season in case Carson isn't ready.

- Cut Torrey Smith
- Re-sign Bradham
- Re-sign Corey Graham
- Bring Blount back if he's willing to take another cheap deal
- Try to re-structure Vinny Curry, Kelce
- I know we need extra picks, but take the best player at 32

- Celek may retire, which would be further savings
- Pederson has already said Peters will be back, not so sure about Sproles
- Burton and Beau Allen will walk in FA
- Patrick Robinson may also walk, but we have Mills that we could slide over to the slot, I think he would do well there, and I've heard good things about DJ Killings on their practice squad as a guy to keep an eye on in TC.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Long was an amazing addition to this team. I really respect everything about him plus he was an effective player for us on top of that. Perhaps we can find a couple more under-the-radar savvy vet additions like that this off-season as well.
I agree.

and his story of how it came to be is pretty great.

He called Bellichick, said he wasn't coming back.
Called Connor Barwin, asked if he thought it would be a fit and how Connor liked Philly.
Called Howie and said I want to be an Eagle, let's get a deal done.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Long was an amazing addition to this team. I really respect everything about him plus he was an effective player for us on top of that. Perhaps we can find a couple more under-the-radar savvy vet additions like that this off-season as well.

Long is one of my favorite players off this squad.....and that is saying something with this squad.

I respect the off the field things he did this year....and that does have some impact. But, overall, it was that impact on the field that I loved about him. Dude came in cheap because he found he wanted to be here. And he was a DAMN good value for the money he signed for. I hope they can come to solid compromise on at last one more year as I love him on this defense, and this team.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long is one of my favorite players off this squad.....and that is saying something with this squad.

I respect the off the field things he did this year....and that does have some impact. But, overall, it was that impact on the field that I loved about him. Dude came in cheap because he found he wanted to be here. And he was a DAMN good value for the money he signed for. I hope they can come to solid compromise on at last one more year as I love him on this defense, and this team.

100% agree. Long became one of my favorites this year as well. He really should have been mentioned in the walter payton award as well. I hope we treat Long right, and keep him around here.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is gone. This is and will continue to be Wentz team. Love Foles but the minute Wentz has a bad game this fan base will turn on Wentz, it could divide the locker room etc. Not a risk this team should take. They need cap room and they need draft picks. If Arizona comes with their first round pick or something like a 2 and a 3 you take it. They kept Sudfeld because they like him, Diflippo talked about the kids ability etc. Plus one other big thing, who says Foles wants to,stay as a backup now?

Other than that the contracts of guys who are overpaid are Celek, Smith, Peters and Curry. Redo or cuts coming there. Also they can give Brandon Graham some fresh dollars that will lower his cap,hit.

Top priories to me are Bradham, Wr2 outside behind Jeffrey. Tight end need two, linebacker depth, safety depth and as always you add on the lines. In other words we can add everywhere.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep Foles if you can. That QB room has changed enough losing DeFilippo and Reich. Wentz got hurt very late in the year. Might need Nick.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel this org keeps Foles in their pocket.

Only wild cards is if Foles comes to them and wants a chance to be the starter. Perhaps they look at taking care of him. Maybe.
Other wild card is that picks would be nice to have on Day 2 this year.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Howie likes to deal and if someone comes at him with a second round pick for Foles I can see it happening. Plus freeing up the cap space. Depends on how the coaches feel about Sudfeld.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised so many are thinking Burton leaves and doesn't think he needs to be a priority. Celek can retire. But we need to keep Burton behind Ertz. The 2 biggest priorities imho are Long and Burton.

I do think Foles will stay. He is loved here, and he already went somewhere to start and it went miserable. He likes it here. He likes Wentz. He likes Doug. He was ready to retire already - he isn't chasing money and doesn't have a 'fire' to be a starter elsewhere. I honestly think he will stay here, and retire an eagle in another year or two. That said, if Doug gets a good deal for him, I could see him making a trade. I seriously doubt Foles will be as good as he was in the playoffs for us. Everyone tends to forget how he looked in the last 3 games of the regular season or as a starter before returning.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trading Foles and taking a pick, but feel like the QB market is a bit saturated and not sure the market will be there for him. I also think some teams are going to use high picks on bad QBs in the draft (namely Allen and Darnold) and good QBs like Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield are going to slip to teams that may have interest in Foles. I think a 2nd round pick for Foles is a definite. Maybe a 3rd, but you're getting into a weird area where a year of Foles may be worth it if Wentz doesn't have an easy recovery.

I also want Burton re-signed and can't believe he got so little playing time last season.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised so many are thinking Burton leaves and doesn't think he needs to be a priority. Celek can retire. But we need to keep Burton behind Ertz. The 2 biggest priorities imho are Long and Burton.

I do think Foles will stay. He is loved here, and he already went somewhere to start and it went miserable. He likes it here. He likes Wentz. He likes Doug. He was ready to retire already - he isn't chasing money and doesn't have a 'fire' to be a starter elsewhere. I honestly think he will stay here, and retire an eagle in another year or two. That said, if Doug gets a good deal for him, I could see him making a trade. I seriously doubt Foles will be as good as he was in the playoffs for us. Everyone tends to forget how he looked in the last 3 games of the regular season or as a starter before returning.

I agree with you a lot, but Bradham is more important than Burton, and especially Long. Bradham is our best LBer. Burton and Long are not starters. I like both players, but if we can only re-sign one player, it has to be Bradham. That said, if he gets a huge offer, we may not be able to sign him. We'll see.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you a lot, but Bradham is more important than Burton, and especially Long. Bradham is our best LBer. Burton and Long are not starters. I like both players, but if we can only re-sign one player, it has to be Bradham. That said, if he gets a huge offer, we may not be able to sign him. We'll see.

I agree except I think Hicks is our best LB. Unfortunately, he hasn’t stayed healthy, which makes keeping Bradham that much more important.

I’d like to know who else even wants Bradham. I’m guessing he could be signed for something reasonable.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel this org keeps Foles in their pocket.

Only wild cards is if Foles comes to them and wants a chance to be the starter. Perhaps they look at taking care of him. Maybe.
Other wild card is that picks would be nice to have on Day 2 this year.

I think it has to be the right situation. They won’t trade him to Cleveland or a bad situation. But maybe Arizona. Maybe Minnesota (doubtful since they’ve got some options but they just signed Flip). Maybe Denver.

I’m just not sure what team out there is going to go all out for him. I guess we’ll see.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to be the right situation. They won’t trade him to Cleveland or a bad situation. But maybe Arizona. Maybe Minnesota (doubtful since they’ve got some options but they just signed Flip). Maybe Denver.

I’m just not sure what team out there is going to go all out for him. I guess we’ll see.

QBs should be dying to go to Cleveland. Good OL, a potentially great WR (if he can stay on the field), 4 picks in the top 35 (including #1 and #4 overall), and a ton of cap space. I guess the coaching staff is the only, and big, negative.

Arizona does seem like a good fit for Foles, though.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree except I think Hicks is our best LB. Unfortunately, he hasn’t stayed healthy, which makes keeping Bradham that much more important.

I’d like to know who else even wants Bradham. I’m guessing he could be signed for something reasonable.

Good point. When healthy, Hicks is an all pro caliber LB. I meant to say that, as he gets hurt every year so far.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I’d be excited if we got AZ 1st for Foles. It would put us in contention for an impact player and would also allow us to add 3 first round guys to a SB team (13, 32, Sidney Jones).

I know this sounds stupid and pretty freaking obvious but it would be a god send if Sidney Jones is a prime time player. It’s an area of weakness.